Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John Edwards on Al qaeda

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    pope only a "simpleman" would use such a tone to discuss a serious issue. You seem unable to debate the issue without tossing insults.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ShadeTree#55[/i]@Jul 29 2004, 11:51 AM
    [b] pope only a "simpleman" would use such a tone to discuss a serious issue. You seem unable to debate the issue without tossing insults. [/b][/quote]
    If you were around the forum long enough you'd have seen that insults were thrown at me long befroe he was named "simpelman" but thanks for playing.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Pope, using insults makes one look very simple. Please act like a grownup. Thank You.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its a danger to have a diferent view? Is this China?

When will the rhetoric end, and the discussion begin?

The biggest failure in the war was the intelligence, I was behind the war, and still am for more action. IE Iran, Syria, Saudi's.

But to insult people based on there opinion's goes against the nature of America. The culture of the neo-cons is as awful as the uber-Liberals....

I want a country where people can have diferent views, eat crow when the are wrong, and discuss things in a intelluctal manner.

A pipe dream I guess.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetman67[/i]@Jul 29 2004, 11:58 AM
    [b] Pope, using insults makes one look very simple. Please act like a grownup. Thank You. [/b][/quote]
    I guess brainwashed and others are still acceptable :rolleyes: Nice.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by pope+Jul 29 2004, 12:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (pope @ Jul 29 2004, 12:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jetman67[/i]@Jul 29 2004, 11:58 AM
    [b] Pope, using insults makes one look very simple. Please act like a grownup. Thank You. [/b][/quote]
    I guess brainwashed and others are still acceptable :rolleyes: Nice. [/b][/quote]
    If someone calls you a name and I happen to miss it, please feel free to send me a PM. I try to see everything and be fair, but I cant be on here 24/7.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Jul 29 2004, 10:47 AM
    [b] It didn&#39;t have to happen..It was the biggest doplomatic failure in the last two hundred years..War should be the VERY LAST option...In this case the iraq war was decided at 10:30 am on 9-11-01..

War was the only option..and they lied about the reasons to go to war...WE forced inspectord back there..WE forced a UN resolution to get them back in there..THose are all good things that the Bush team did....I can admit that..
    BUT war had already been decided...The inspectors were finding NOTHING....So the bush team cherry picked evidence and forced it down our throats..then..Bush says "48 hours" to leave...GImme a break..

Look, no one is saying saddam was a good guy or good for the ME..BUt He attacked Iran over an oil field...Attacked Kuwait over an oil field...WE attacked him over oil fields....

and in doing so, we lost all good favor of the world..and created thousands more of terrorrists....and sent 900 US servicement to their death...
    They died for Halliburton..not for our freedom..and i feel awful for their families. [/b][/quote]
    Bman, stop reading the headlines...it is clearly clogging your brain up.

So now at 10:30 Bush made this choice to go to war? The same man who the libs criticized for reading a book to kids for 7 minutes after the planes hit. So make up your mind: Do Bush make quick, irrational decisions or does he sit there and think for long periods of time before he takes actions?

WMD&#39;s are being found. Are they the ones Powell discussed to the whole nation...No, but we are still finding them. The ones that everyone said was the reason for war (which it was more than that) were shipped out of Iraq that day. Do you think Saddam would keep these things hanging around for the US to find? But since we cant find those WMD&#39;s, it doesnt matter to you that we are finding other WMD&#39;s. Its almost like searching for a shotgun in a mans house used in a murder, but instead you find a string of handguns that were used in different murders because it wasnt the shotgun you were looking for.

Do other countries have WMD&#39;s? Yes. Do those countries tell their soldiers their man objective is to kill Americans all over the world (including in the USA)? No, but Saddam does. If you really dont think there were ties between Saddam Al-Qaeda then you pretty naive and need to read "The Connection." Of course you wont because you are stubborn, but this book will give you an idea about the relationship between Al-Qaeda and Saddam.

Please tell me how we created a thousand more terrorists? So there werent a lot of people terrorizing the world in the 90&#39;s...all these typically nice people decided to join the terrorists movement because we defended our country?

Get real...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bin Laden said it was the duty to kill americans...
    Saddam was not a goo d guy..But the man was not terrorizing America PERIOD...Al qeada was...

and yes..by invading and occupying Iraq, the US created SCORES (countless) More people who will join terrorist groups...Iraq will be a war zone for yearsssss top come...
    For no reason...

YES The war decision was made by cheney and rummy at 10:30 on 9-11...On 9-12 Rummy and Wolfi wanted to start planning the bagdad war...&#33;&#33; They wanted to forget about afghanistan&#33;&#33;

They in fact had been planning this war sine the mid 90&#39;s..Look at The DEfense Policy Board..Look at The policy for the New American Century...These are RIGHT wing Neo Con groups that HAVE PUSHED an iraqui war and the building of permannet military bases in Iraq for YEARS before 9-11....WHO were the founders of those groups???NOne other than Rummy/Wolfi/Pearle/Feith/Cheney etc.,.... ..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    bman - do you think potential or actual terrorists care whether it is Iraqi or Afghani civilians who are dying at the hands of the evil Americans? The Afghan War has created just as many "new" terrorists as the Iraq War has, even you follow that logic. They weren&#39;t sitting in cafes, pleasant and respectful of America while we invaded Afghanistan, and then became full of murderous and suicidal rage when we dropped bombs on Baghdad. That just makes absolutely no sense.

Also, I think you may start to see a change in the perception of terrorists among many muslim arabs. The "insurgents" in Iraq are now essentially mudering Iraqi civilians. This cannot be good for them, in terms of recruitment of new members. Killing someone&#39;s parents or siblings is not a good method of increasing enrollment, no matter how much people hate America.

Brody just schooled you, pretty much.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Occupying Iraq (OIL RICH Land)..is exactly what Bin Laden said we&#39;d do...
    Occupying Iraq hjas created more terrorists...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Jul 29 2004, 12:18 PM
    [b]...Iraq will be a war zone for yearsssss top come...

[/b][/quote]
    Better there than here, IMO.