Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kittles Traded

If I was a Nets fan, I'd be p&$*&$. Kittles traded for a 2nd round pick.

http://www.nba.com/clippers/

Man, they really are trying to sink this team. If this keeps up, Nets will really have some future, full of picks, but no current players.

I predict the Meadowlands will avg. 7500 a night.

More Brooklyn seats will be available

I just can't believe this!!!!! I was at CAA 2 months ago for game 6 of the Nets and Pistons enjoying the fact that this team, while it had it's weaknesses, was finally among the top 7 in the NBA and went to 2 finals, and took the eventual champs to 7 games. This pile of filth has gutted this team in such a way that his being ratified by the NBA as an owner is a joke!!! Kittles was making 10M but he was coming off the cap next season, along with Mourning and Mutombo!!! There was no reason to make this move other than to keep even more fans at home. I really hope this real estate thing blows up in his face because he won't make a dime off this team.

Banned
    Thanks a lot, guys.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This team has become a joke again. I really enjoyed watching them become one of the better teams in the NBA, but I don't think I'll even watch next year.

I'm kinda hoping to open the paper tomorrow and see Kidd demanding a trade. I feel for that guy...signing onto NJ for his last contract and then watching some jackass come in and rip the team apart.

I also really don't understand other teams' fans that enjoy seeing this. Businessmen like this are what is really destroying sports. I even hated seeing the Marlins do it after their win in '97 (even though I'm a Mets fan).

Originally posted by cdflip78@Jul 29 2004, 04:45 PM
    I just can't believe this!!!!! I was at CAA 2 months ago for game 6 of the Nets and Pistons enjoying the fact that this team, while it had it's weaknesses, was finally among the top 7 in the NBA and went to 2 finals, and took the eventual champs to 7 games. This pile of filth has gutted this team in such a way that his being ratified by the NBA as an owner is a joke!!! Kittles was making 10M but he was coming off the cap next season, along with Mourning and Mutombo!!! There was no reason to make this move other than to keep even more fans at home. I really hope this real estate thing blows up in his face because he won't make a dime off this team.
    cd, you know I'm a Nets fan as well

Having said that, this is now a bonified lottery team

Don't believe any BS these clowns try to sell you ... this team is a bonified lottery team

I repeat what I said after we lost Martin, but now I feel even more strongly about this ... the Nets MUST trade Jason Kidd as well

1. Kidd will be washed-up by the time this team is ready to compete, assuming they do not spend the next ten years as laughing stocks ... but the Nets are in full rebuilding mode ... makes no sense to rebuild yet hang on to your most desirable comodity, especially when he's in his 30's ... only reason to hang on to Kidd now is to sell tickets to the suckers

2. Jason Kidd should not be asked to waste the rest of his prime on a lottery team ... that would be beyond unfair ... it would be cruel

PS. Ratner is the scum of the earth

All League
    The Meadowlands at Net games is really going be a lonely place.
    Ratner has just alienated any loyal Net fan out there by depleting this team.
    They have no inside scorer -no long range shooter, no inside defensive prescense-do they really think the fans are that dumb to come see them play.

All League
    Had this been done weeks ago they would have signed Kenyon Martin right? at least that's what they led everyone to believe. if kittles could be dumped, re-sign martin.

Sigh, you know I dont like the Nets but any kind of ownership that does this makes me sick

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Jul 29 2004, 08:41 PM

PS. Ratner is the scum of the earth
    And he isn't even the official owner yet. Hasn't been voted in yet by the NBA.

Originally posted by Icer@Jul 30 2004, 02:20 AM

Sigh, you know I dont like the Nets but any kind of ownership that does this makes me sick
    I'm a Knicks fan, but I also hate when owners tear a team apart. Reminds me of the mid-1970's when Charley Finley tried to sell the A's apart, by selling Vida Blue to the Yankees, and Rudi and Fingers to the Red Sox.

There's no doubt the Nets are now a lottery team. Kidd wants to meet with management and as the Ledger says today, he will not play another game for the Nets. It's such an absolute disgrace. What's the point of trading Martin for 3 1st rounders and then depleting your talent to make yourself a top 10 lottery team? Now they'll have to sign 2 lottery picks each year for the next 3 years. Forget it. Just like this past year, you'll see, WITH THE 5TH PICK IN THE 2005 NBA DRAFT, THE NEW JERSEY NETS SELECT.......................CASH FROM SEATTLE.... GOLDEN STATE IS NOW ON THE CLOCK.

TomShane
    I apologize and would like to retract my earlier statements that it was too early to condemn Ratner. This team has officially turned it's back on the fans and is in a complete salary dump. My bad.

One thing: Ratner hasn't even been approved yet as owner of the Nets by the NBA board of directors. Can't they see what's going on already and say "F.U. Ratner, we need another Donald Sterling like a hole in the head"?

I appreciate your honesty Tom... I have been asking the same question. How can the NBA allow this guy to be approved as an owner?? Maybe it's the fact that it's not good for the NBA to have teams like the Nets in the finals because the ratings suffer, so why block an owner who indirectly is helping their cause. I know there are not a ton of us out there, but I was a die hard fan of this team and finally had something to be proud of and it is just gut wrenching to see what is happening.

TomShane
    Originally posted by cdflip78@Jul 30 2004, 11:48 AM
    I appreciate your honesty Tom... I have been asking the same question. How can the NBA allow this guy to be approved as an owner?? Maybe it's the fact that it's not good for the NBA to have teams like the Nets in the finals because the ratings suffer, so why block an owner who indirectly is helping their cause. I know there are not a ton of us out there, but I was a die hard fan of this team and finally had something to be proud of and it is just gut wrenching to see what is happening.
    If I'm on that board of directors there is no WAY that I approve this sale now. I mean, the guy has owned the team for 5 minutes and it has already gone to hell! Can the NBA want the Nets in Brooklyn that bad? This is just a nightmare, all around. I really can't believe it.

Originally posted by TomShane+Jul 30 2004, 10:53 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TomShane @ Jul 30 2004, 10:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--cdflip78@Jul 30 2004, 11:48 AM
    I appreciate your honesty Tom... I have been asking the same question. How can the NBA allow this guy to be approved as an owner?? Maybe it&#39;s the fact that it&#39;s not good for the NBA to have teams like the Nets in the finals because the ratings suffer, so why block an owner who indirectly is helping their cause. I know there are not a ton of us out there, but I was a die hard fan of this team and finally had something to be proud of and it is just gut wrenching to see what is happening.
    If I&#39;m on that board of directors there is no WAY that I approve this sale now. I mean, the guy has owned the team for 5 minutes and it has already gone to hell&#33; Can the NBA want the Nets in Brooklyn that bad? This is just a nightmare, all around. I really can&#39;t believe it. [/b][/quote]
    This has to be tearing R. Thorn to pieces. He is not the type who would do this on his own.

Originally posted by TomShane+Jul 30 2004, 11:53 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TomShane @ Jul 30 2004, 11:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--cdflip78@Jul 30 2004, 11:48 AM
    I appreciate your honesty Tom... I have been asking the same question. How can the NBA allow this guy to be approved as an owner?? Maybe it&#39;s the fact that it&#39;s not good for the NBA to have teams like the Nets in the finals because the ratings suffer, so why block an owner who indirectly is helping their cause. I know there are not a ton of us out there, but I was a die hard fan of this team and finally had something to be proud of and it is just gut wrenching to see what is happening.
    If I&#39;m on that board of directors there is no WAY that I approve this sale now. I mean, the guy has owned the team for 5 minutes and it has already gone to hell&#33; Can the NBA want the Nets in Brooklyn that bad? This is just a nightmare, all around. I really can&#39;t believe it. [/b][/quote]
    I couldn&#39;t agree more...no way I&#39;d let this clown in the league. He will be directly responsible for creating a venue in NJ where 500 people show up to games. How can the other owners want that fiasco? Haven&#39;t they been watching the embarrassment that is the Expos?

Additionally, Kidd is pretty popular with the media and he is going to make this situation hell until he gets out of there. He&#39;s tough to trade (surgery, contract), so I predict it&#39;s going to be an incredibly ugly and public mess with Kidd and Ratner by September.

and the poor bastard has to try and go out there and spin these moves to look like they are sound basketball decisions. As a fan it&#39;s hard enough, but for him to far and away detest these moves and then have to go out and support them publicly must really suck.

i&#39;ll throw my 2 cents in....i&#39;m a knicks fan (& season ticket holder), but still can&#39;t believe what the nets are doing. they gave these guys away. to get draft picks back and not even one live body for 2 of your starting 5 is incomprehensible to me.

i feel bad, honestly, for the few fans that actually show up to nets games at the meadowlands. not only is this tool ratner going to move your team, he&#39;s going to put a crappy product on the floor for the rest of his time in NJ. after so many years of misery, to finally get good then to see it all be thrown away in 2 quick moves.

j kidd should demand a trade. and doesn&#39;t the nba have to approve ever trade?? do they think the nets got back fair value in these deals??

if i was a season ticket holder for the nets, i&#39;d demand a refund. and the rest of the 11,000 people who usually show up should stay away and have ratner choke on his rent payments.

All League
    I would not expect Rod Thorn to put up with this nonsense much longer-he has made moves to destroy the team for this year and next year at the very least-
    Ratner has proven his sole desire was in getting his real estate complex built in Brooklyn rather that putting a competitive team in place.

I can see it now. The starting 5 for the Nets when they get to Brooklyn isa bunch of draft picks. Not players.