Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is going to watch Kerry tonight?

Kangaroo F*cker
    I will.

I've been on forced vacation this week here in Boston (Thanks Mayor Menino). I was away from JI for a few days and I was very disappointed by the topics here in the Political Forum. I mistakenly thought there would be intelligent discussion about the DNC, but alas it has just been another mud slinging match between the JI conservatives and liberals.

I will post after Kerry's speech with my thoughts. I hope there will be intelligent posts about the speech.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been watching as much of the convention as possible - mostly on C-SPAN, where you can hear all of the speeches instead of talking heads.

I'll do the same when the GOP meets in New York.

It amazes me that anyone would be watching anything else.

Kangaroo F*cker
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Jul 29 2004, 08:37 PM
    [b] I've been watching as much of the convention as possible - mostly on C-SPAN, where you can hear all of the speeches instead of talking heads.

I'll do the same when the GOP meets in New York.

It amazes me that anyone would be watching anything else. [/b][/quote]
    I'm the same. I will watch the RNC in 2 weeks. I want to hear everything that each party has to say.

I must say that the Democrats are very united right now. It is going to come down to the wire in November.

C-SPaN is great. No commercials, no commentary. Just coverage. I must admit I have been watching the PBS coverage.

Kangaroo F*cker
    All of you who post here, apart from Bob, make me sick. I guess none of you here want to hear what each party says about the future of the USA.

Just post your biased liberal or conservative crap and let the s**t roll down hill and then blindly post your vote.

Yes! That is a Democracy

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know his voting record.

I know his flip flop stance in Iraq.

I know he'll put our National security in the hands of the French.

I know he'll raise taxes.

I know when he talks about Vietnam, he won't tell or show the country how he $hit on his fellow soldiesr when he came back from his 3 month photo-op.

I know his wife funds Hamas.

I know I would vomit listening to this guy lie through his teeth and pretend to be someone he's not.

Thanks but I'll pass on this charade. The uneducated may not see through this transparent joke but the people who know what's up have already seen right through this fraud.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    That's the kind of idiocy this country is up against, Gainzo. It's sad, I know.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Jul 29 2004, 09:19 PM
    [b] That's the kind of idiocy this country is up against, Gainzo. It's sad, I know. [/b][/quote]
    Idiocy is inviting Michael Moore to your convention. That's pretty much all you need to know about this party.

Kangaroo F*cker
    Bob, I believe that pope is exhibit A when it comes to ignorance. Congrats mate!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I'm interested to hear is John Kerry bringing up his war experience and military decorations from Viet Nam. Then I want to hear him explain why he voted FOR this disaster of a war in Iraq.

"Senator Kerry, you served (4 months) in Viet Nam. Didn't you learn anything there that would have made you vote AGAINST the war in Iraq (like many other Democratic Senators who voted AGAINST the war were able to figure out)?"

Democrats: In 2008 nominate a state Govenor to run for President. It's Politics 101.

[url]www.votenader.org[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I won't watch it only cause he's going to speak for an hour. I will watch the lib stations (CNN/MSNBC) to hear what the lefties like Chrissy Matthews and Aaron Brown have to say.

Partisanship aside I am dissapointed in the coverage and structure of the convention. I can't believe they had the roll call after 11PM last night; DNC or RNC that used to always be the highlight of the convention.

Tom The Nader Fan™
    John Kerry is a piece of s**t, and is unfit to serve as president of the United States of America.
    Here’s why:
    In 19 years in the senate John Kerry wrote or cosponsored 8 pieces of passed legislation. 5 of which were ceremonial. Two of the others dealt with marine animals. This guy has done nothing in 19 years except accumulate the most liberal voting record in the senate. The man is clearly incompetent. More than that, he is a danger to our national security. He wants you to be fooled into believing the crap coming out of his mouth now about how he’s “a war hero” and he’ll be a strong commander in chief, but does he walk the walk, or does he just talk the talk? Just look at his record:

20 years ago, in his first Senate campaign, Kerry talked a different language about national defense, denouncing President Ronald Reagan's military buildup and calling for cuts of about $50 billion in the Pentagon budget, including the cancellation of a long list of weapons systems, from the B-1 bomber to the Patriot antimissile system to F-14A, F-14D and F-15 fighter jets.
    In the late 1980s, Kerry opposed the death penalty for terrorists who killed Americans abroad but now says he supports capital punishment for terrorist acts.
    Kerry has walked away from some of his 1984 campaign proposals to cancel weapons systems that have become central to the U.S. military arsenal unleashed on Afghanistan and Iraq while defending his overall record as a senator. Kerry told the Boston Globe earlier this year some of the proposed cancellations were "ill-advised" and "stupid," blaming his inexperience as a candidate and a campaign that drove him to the left politically. How convenient. All of a sudden, his proposals were “ill advised” and “stupid”, because he knows that in a post 9-11 world, how unpopular they make him, when he’s putting on this front trying to sell himself as a military man.
    Kerry also proposed cuts in funding for the CIA during the 1990s but now advocates a more robust intelligence operation. A Kerry adviser said his proposed intelligence cuts were part of a broader proposal to reduce the deficit and that his goal was to reduce dependence on technological intelligence gathering and buttress human intelligence resources.
    HE WANTED TO SLASH THE CIA’S BUDGET. His proposal was so radical, it was shot down almost unanimously in the senate.
    Kerry is a legislator who has few legislative accomplishments and is open to criticism for hypocrisy, as someone who votes one way and then describes those votes another way, and for political expedience, a politician who changes with the times.
    Kerry, like almost everyone in the Senate, supported the USA Patriot Act after the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, but now denounces Attorney General John D. Ashcroft for aggressively implementing it.
    Nowhere has Kerry been challenged more for voting one way and talking another than on Iraq, both for his vote in support of the war in 2002 and his vote opposing the Persian Gulf War in 1991.
    In 2002, he voted for the resolution authorizing Bush to go to war unilaterally, but then became one of Bush's harshest critics for having done so. Kerry, in his floor speech before the vote, warned Bush to build an international coalition through the United Nations, but the resolution did not require the president to gain U.N. approval before going to war. Kerry later said he was voting not for the use of force but for the threat of force. Yet again, more doublespeak from this guy.
    Let’s talk a little bit about John Kerry’s fixation with “international coalitions”, because that has been one of the main themes of his campaign, that if we elect John Kerry, “As president, I will work aggressively to rebuild the relationships frayed and shredded by the Bush administration, particularly with our NATO allies. I will immediately convene a summit with European and world leaders to discuss a common anti- terrorism agenda, including a collective security framework and a long-term strategy to build bridges to the Islamic world.” Sometimes I get the idea this guy doesn’t even think about what he’s saying. Either that or he doesn’t know what he’s talking about.
    Lets talk about those back stabbing bastards that John Kerry calls our “NATO Allies”. After the first Gulf war, Iraq was permitted to sell oil, and use the money to feed the Iraqi people. It was called the “OIL for Food Program” and it was monitored by the UN. It was “monitored” alright.
    Sadaam wasn’t using the money to feed Iraqi citizens, he was using it too buy weapons and other nice things from France and Germany (our wonderful NATO allies). Russia had it’s hands in the cookie jar, too. We need no longer wonder which Russian company got the contracts, on the eve of war, in February 2003, to sell broadcasting gear to Saddam, or for how much. The U.N. list says Nord Star, from which Saddam--approved directly by Secretary-General Kofi Annan's office, in the name of relief, in the thick of the U.N. debate over Iraq--ordered up $3.4 million worth of TV studio equipment.
    This is why they stabbed George Bush in the back, and refused to give their stamp of approval for going to war, or helping out. France and Germany didn’t want us screwing up the nice little side action they had going with the murderous dictator. And what do these scumbag democrats like John Kerry do? They actually sided with France, when they were calling Bush a war monger! They kept throwing words around like “pre-emptive strike” and “unilateralism” as if the USA was the bad guy in all this. Oh wait, it gets better. It's intriguing, in its way, to trace the clues back and forth, trying to piece together the biggest jigsaw puzzle of graft, fraud and theft in the history of humanitarian relief. Mr. Annan collected a $1.4 billion commission on Saddam's oil sales to run this program, was "not mandated to police the contractors; it's not the way the program was set up by the Security Council members."
    So when you hear John Kerry waxing poetic about “restoring former coalitions” with the UN, and our European “allies”, these are the scumbags that he’s talking about. And keep in mind, the tens of billions that were stolen, almost all of it is American currency. They were stealing from us. John Kerry wants to make nice now and restore our “relationships”, so they can steal more of our money.
    The UN supervisors of this mega-crime claim not to have known what was going on. Whether they are lying or were unconscionably stupid or stupefyingly lazy (or a combination of the three) we do not know yet, but one thing is clear. For the preservation of the United Nations, the books of all transactions under all United Nations programs henceforward must be open. That cartels of Russian Mafiosi, Syrian fascist thugs, Iraqi ruling gangsters, Swiss bankers and who knows who else were able to profiteer to the tune of billions off money that was supposedly meant for medicine for Iraqi children is beyond disgusting. Anyone who thinks that the overthrow of Saddam was not a good thing for this reason alone ought to examine his or her moral.

I have to put this disclaimer here:

(*MOST OF THIS WAS OBVIOUSLY CUT AND PASTED FROM VARIOUS SOURCES)

Kangaroo F*cker
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Jul 29 2004, 10:09 PM
    [b] I won't watch it only cause he's going to speak for an hour. I will watch the lib stations (CNN/MSNBC) to hear what the lefties like Chrissy Matthews and Aaron Brown have to say.

Partisanship aside I am dissapointed in the coverage and structure of the convention. I can't believe they had the roll call after 11PM last night; DNC or RNC that used to always be the highlight of the convention. [/b][/quote]
    Are you kidding me? I guess your vote is already decided.

When was the last time a delegate was elected to run for President at a Convention?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Gainzo+Jul 29 2004, 10:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Gainzo @ Jul 29 2004, 10:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Come Back to NY[/i]@Jul 29 2004, 10:09 PM
    [b] I won&#39;t watch it only cause he&#39;s going to speak for an hour. I will watch the lib stations (CNN/MSNBC) to hear what the lefties like Chrissy Matthews and Aaron Brown have to say.

Partisanship aside I am dissapointed in the coverage and structure of the convention. I can&#39;t believe they had the roll call after 11PM last night; DNC or RNC that used to always be the highlight of the convention. [/b][/quote]
    Are you kidding me? I guess your vote is already decided.

When was the last time a delegate was elected to run for President at a Convention? [/b][/quote]
    Obviously you have no clue what I am talking about....of course it&#39;s easy to tell that if you in fact have a vote you are being open-minded right?

BTW: I am watching this speech and I think Kerry is setting himself up for disaster.

Kangaroo F*cker
    I&#39;m as open-minded as they come. I lean to the left but I will watch Bush and co. make their points in a couple of weeks. If they make good points I will go that way. I just think most people vote along party lines.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Gainzo[/i]@Jul 29 2004, 10:47 PM
    [b] I&#39;m as open-minded as they come. [/b][/quote]
    Yes...your avatar proves so.

Kangaroo F*cker
    Just like your sig, right?

We need a change and Kerry is it. I will still listen to Bush and Cheney in a couple of weeks, but they need to say things and do things that I can believe in.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Gainzo[/i]@Jul 29 2004, 10:53 PM
    [b] Just like your sig, right?

We need a change and Kerry is it. I will still listen to Bush and Cheney in a couple of weeks, but they need to say things and do things that I can believe in. [/b][/quote]
    Like kerri is doing now?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    What sort of disaster?

I think he&#39;s doing a fine job..........he&#39;s a politician.........they all say things they never get done or never plan on getting done.........but what he just said about health care is very important to some people and for that alone he scored alot of points........

I&#39;m in Kerry&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I&#39;m in&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :P

Quite honestly, I am tired of seeing that alcoholic family the Bush&#39;s in office........I just had a friend return from the war alive and do you know how thankful I am for that? When I would talk to him on line sometimes he would say that he almost died that day :( This war was a waste of life and for what, to get even for daddy..........

Kangaroo F*cker
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Jul 29 2004, 10:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ Jul 29 2004, 10:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Gainzo[/i]@Jul 29 2004, 10:53 PM
    [b] Just like your sig, right?

We need a change and Kerry is it. I will still listen to Bush and Cheney in a couple of weeks, but they need to say things and do things that I can believe in. [/b][/quote]
    Like kerri is doing now? [/b][/quote]
    Kerry is speaking about what he wants to do for all of us. I have no problem with that.

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetgirl[/i]@Jul 29 2004, 10:55 PM
    [b] What sort of disaster?

I think he&#39;s doing a fine job..........he&#39;s a politician.........they all say things they never get done or never plan on getting done.........but what he just said about health care is very important to some people and for that alone he scored alot of points........

I&#39;m in Kerry&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I&#39;m in&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :P

Quite honestly, I am tired of seeing that alcoholic family the Bush&#39;s in office........I just had a friend return from the war alive and do you know how thankful I am for that? When I would talk to him on line sometimes he would say that he almost died that day :( This war was a waste of life and for what, to get even for daddy.......... [/b][/quote]
    So when you hear John Kerry waxing poetic about “restoring former coalitions” with the UN, and our European “allies”, these are the scumbags that he’s talking about. And keep in mind, the tens of billions that were stolen, almost all of it is American currency. They were stealing from us. John Kerry wants to make nice now and restore our “relationships”, so they can steal more of our money.
    The UN supervisors of this mega-crime claim not to have known what was going on. Whether they are lying or were unconscionably stupid or stupefyingly lazy (or a combination of the three) we do not know yet, but one thing is clear. For the preservation of the United Nations, the books of all transactions under all United Nations programs henceforward must be open. That cartels of Russian Mafiosi, Syrian fascist thugs, Iraqi ruling gangsters, Swiss bankers and who knows who else were able to profiteer to the tune of billions off money that was supposedly meant for medicine for Iraqi children is beyond disgusting. Anyone who thinks that the overthrow of Saddam was not a good thing for this reason alone ought to examine his or her morals.

Besides that, Jetgirl, Kerry isn&#39;t ending the Bush policy in Iraq. In fact, Kerry&#39;s been talking about building up the military.

I think he even said he was considering reinstituting the draft.