Ralph Nader to Terry McAuliffe: Stop Democratic Party dirty tricks trying to keep the Nader-Camejo Campaign off the ballot.
July 30, 2004
Terry McAuliffe, Chairman
Democratic National Committee
430 S. Capitol St. SE
Washington, DC 20003
Dear Mr. McAuliffe:
I am writing to request that you stop Democratic Party officials, state Democratic partisans, corporate lobbyists, and law firms from inappropriately and maliciously taking steps to keep the Nader-Camejo ticket off the ballot. I was disturbed to read press reports from the Democratic Convention that indicated sessions were held at the convention to plan a national campaign to keep Nader-Camejo off the ballot and limit the choices of voters.
As this coordinated conspiracy by the Democratic Party to keep Nader-Camejo off the ballot unfolds, you should be aware that these efforts will all land at your door. Among the actions taken by the Democrats:
· Harassment, threats, and abuse of Nader-Camejo petitioners
· Attempting to spoil a ballot access convention in Oregon by sending Democrats in to fill the room and undermine the convention by swelling the numbers and then not signing the petitions
· Using Howard Dean to keep us off the ballot - even though on July 9, in a debate with me, he said: “I refuse to participate in anything like that, because I don’t appreciate that. Some of my former staff members are doing that. I told them I wasn’t going to have anything to do with them.” Yet when the Nader-Camejo Campaign held ballot access conventions in Oregon, Dean, according to reporters, called reporters on both days in order to suppress turnout
· Using state employees, contractors, and interns who work for the State of Illinois' Democratic Speaker of the House to review and challenge signatures on Nader-Camejo ballot access petitions
· Hiring corporate law firms to harass our ballot efforts on frivolous and technical grounds
I am writing you to once again request that you disavow these dirty tricks and tell Democratic Party officials and their allies to stop their efforts to keep the Nader-Camejo Campaign off the ballot.
I look forward to your response.
Please Tom, don't try to tell me the party that fully embraces Al Sharpton and several anti-American MEChA members is intolerant :lol:
No, the incident against the jewish store owner at Freddy's Department store never happened for Sharpton and the men and women at MEChA who throw out the word nig*er and gringo all the time are just too darn swell? After all, blacks, whites, asians and non Mexican hispanics don't deserve to live in California, Nevada, Nebraska, Colorado, Arizona and Texas :wacko:
[b]Nader seems to be on to something[/b]: The party of "tolerance", may not be all that it's cracked up to be.
A few more speeches by all Al Sharpton and Henry Cisneros (once got a 80 year suspended sentance for diverting gov't money to a hooker) and maybe mainstream America will see that "hate" and "intolerance" are in fact tolerated by the Democrats these days.