Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Village

TomShane
    Awesome flick, but you have to be patient with it. Shyamalan spends alot of time on build-up. I went in expecting very little (I hated the end of 'Signs') so I was, to say the least, pleasantly surprised.

Shymalan perhaps worries too much about over-directing every scene, and the editing was sloppy at times, but overall, the movie hits the spot and the twisty ending was balls to the walls. Check it out.

On my rating scale of Pee Wee Herman (tiny, sucky) to Ron Jeremy (Huge, great), I give it a solid Tommy Lee.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :huh:

Maxman
    Why would we care what you think?

Only busting man. Thanks for the heads up I am going to check this out myself. One question though, don't you feel weird going to all of these movies by yourself?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    just got in the door from seeing it myself, if you are a fan of Shamy you'll probably love it, but the majority of the audience was young and looking for a "scary" movie and that is not what he is about, he is a master of suspense and every story is guaranteed to have a twist in the end that you never saw coming

the movie made you laugh and jump out of your seat a few times too, but the movie was stolen by a brilliant performance by Richie Cunningham's daughter, I'd expect to see much more of her in the years to come

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet, I wanted to go see that tonight but the wife is gone so I wound up staying home and watching Hellboy. I might try to catch it tomorrow afternoon since I get to skip church. :D

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone see Manchurian Candidate (sp?) yet? Now that is a movie I really want to see. I love movies like that. Vanilla Sky is one of my favorites....no i'm not gay for Tom Cruise so save your jokes Max.

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Vinny025[/i]@Jul 31 2004, 09:58 PM
    [b] Vanilla Sky is one of my favorites....no i'm not gay for Tom Cruise so save your jokes Max. [/b][/quote]
    Why so defensive Vinny? Got something to hide? :P :lol:

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by huskeralk+Jul 31 2004, 11:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (huskeralk @ Jul 31 2004, 11:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Vinny025[/i]@Jul 31 2004, 09:58 PM
    [b] Vanilla Sky is one of my favorites....no i&#39;m not gay for Tom Cruise so save your jokes Max. [/b][/quote]
    Why so defensive Vinny? Got something to hide? :P :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Wow I think you are right here Husk.

Hey Vinny the policy here is DON&#39;T ASK, DON&#39;T TELL. Well TOMSHANE will ask via PM but you can just ignore them like the rest of us do, LOL.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the movie was amazing...i thought it was very very good and im not really a fan of night&#39;s films...signs was ok, but i didn&#39;t like the sixth sense as much as everyone else seems to...

i agree that alot of people in the theater were young and didn&#39;t get the movie...they most likely thought it was going to be a horror flick...although i am amazed at how people were talking after the movie that they didn&#39;t understand what was going on...i thought it was self explanatory but it seemed like alot of people didn&#39;t understand it...

anyways, i would see it again, but if you are going for the first time, you are not going to want to know the secrets, i believe it would ruin it, so if you haven&#39;t seen it and want to, try to stay away from learning any suprises(friends, tv, internet, etc...)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    When to see it tonigh.

I guess it&#39;s the eyes of the beholder. I thought it sucked. Most of the people, as they were leaving were talking about how much it sucked.

I almost left after about an hour because it was booooooooring.

The problem might have been in the hype. It was advertised as a scary movie. People were expecting a scary movie.

I guess if your familiar with the director, you might have expected that kind of movie, I wasn&#39;t, and am disappointed.

If you are looking for a scary movie with any action, this ain&#39;t for you. If you are looking for a drawn out melodrama, this is your flick.

Different strokes

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I loved it too, But i Did hear quite a few people say it was the worst movie they ever saw after it ended. I think that because it was advertised as a scary movie it was better because it kept you in suspense.
    The cut off ending wasn&#39;t necessary but I guess It doesn&#39;t really matter.

Good movie in my opinion

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah alot of people didn&#39;t seem to like it, but then again, most of those people didn&#39;t seem to get the movie...i don&#39;t know how you couldn&#39;t get it...but i dunno...some people are pretty stupid...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What seems to be the major complaint about it form those who didn&#39;t like it?
    Is it too cerebral no offense meant by that. I mean it seems as if we seem to want more carnage ie; Texas Chain saw Massacre and less substance. I know Shammy isn&#39;t for everyone, I personally thought Signs sucked. My wife wants to see the Village and I guess I&#39;m trying to save &#036;&#036; if this movie has a good story and decent acting I can live without some one being disembowled before my eyes, or is this movie like Garfield and your sitting there and your a&#036;&#036; is getting numb. You start looking at your kid who you took and try sending him mental message to leave but ..............................................any way ramble , ramble blah blah etc is it a good story :D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TomShane[/i]@Aug 1 2004, 01:12 AM
    [b] Awesome flick, but you have to be patient with it. Shyamalan spends alot of time on build-up. I went in expecting very little (I hated the end of &#39;Signs&#39;) so I was, to say the least, pleasantly surprised.

Shymalan perhaps worries too much about over-directing every scene, and the editing was sloppy at times, but overall, the movie hits the spot and the twisty ending was balls to the walls. Check it out.

On my rating scale of Pee Wee Herman (tiny, sucky) to Ron Jeremy (Huge, great), I give it a solid Tommy Lee. [/b][/quote]
    Good to hear. The wife and I want to see it. It sounds like it is alot better then his horrible Unbreakable.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    They call me Mr Glass....bwahahahahahahahhahahaahahahah

Unbreakable was dope

The Village is not for these young kids taht were there when I went, the story was shocking at the and made a strong commentary on society, if you want scary then this film will make you jump, but I guess you guys are right they want blood and guts, if you like shammy you&#39;ll like the Village and like I said before, the acting doesn&#39;t get any better than Richie Cunningham&#39;s daughter

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Think I&#39;ll go see Harold and Kumar go to White Castle today

EIther that or Bourne Identitor
    IRobot

not sure

Tooo many movies&#33;&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@Aug 1 2004, 10:53 AM
    [b] Think I&#39;ll go see Harold and Kumar go to White Castle today

EIther that or Bourne Identitor
    IRobot

not sure

Tooo many movies&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    bourne supremacy looks good

I&#39;ll be watching hellboy on DVD, hope its good

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hell Boy is really good &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; alot of action and humor just enough of both I saw it in the theaters and just bought the dvd.........enjoy

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I realllllllllllllllllllly like the Village until the end. I really think the end nearly ruined the genious of the movie.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adrien Brodys character was very...."fun".

:lol: