Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maddenn 2005 league

Rookie
    Sorry if this was already posted but do we have a tentative date for the next league to start. I really wanna get a full season in, that way Vinny can beat me more than once :lol:

To be honest with you gov, I think my reign will end this year. They are making it more of a thinking mans game, and that will hamper my controller shake moves ability. They are trying to make it so the plays and defense that you pick will determine if you win, kind of like a Chess game.

I am good at the old maddens in the early 90's cause you can juke people by shaking the controller left, right and so on. It will take some adapting for me in this game with all the new changes, but I look foward to the challenge. But like I said, they are making it tough on the people with good reflexes, and giving the upper hand to the "thinkers" of madden so to speak. I do have alot of football knowledge when it comes to plays, but for the most part I've never had to put it to use all that much.

As you can tell I cant wait for this game to come out. There will be a league in Madden 05 for sure, LL has talked about it. Maybe we can design a website this time like the old leagues with Bitonti.

Originally posted by Vinny025@Aug 1 2004, 12:00 PM
    To be honest with you gov, I think my reign will end this year. They are making it more of a thinking mans game, and that will hamper my controller shake moves ability. They are trying to make it so the plays and defense that you pick will determine if you win, kind of like a Chess game.

I am good at the old maddens in the early 90's cause you can juke people by shaking the controller left, right and so on. It will take some adapting for me in this game with all the new changes, but I look foward to the challenge. But like I said, they are making it tough on the people with good reflexes, and giving the upper hand to the "thinkers" of madden so to speak. I do have alot of football knowledge when it comes to plays, but for the most part I've never had to put it to use all that much.

As you can tell I cant wait for this game to come out. There will be a league in Madden 05 for sure, LL has talked about it. Maybe we can design a website this time like the old leagues with Bitonti.
    FO SHO....Of course there will be a league. I am more of a thinker than a mover/shaker type. I desugn defenses to shut an opponents' offense down. Ask Vinny, our games always end up being about a touchdown or less difference. On O i look to the weakest link and attack that. I dont shuffle, juke or spin.,...I gameplan and try to execute. That is why I am so psyched that 2005 will allow for Defense Playmaker adjustments..it will allow individual matchups to be weighed evenly...

Are there any web design dudes out there? I would need help designing a JI Madden Website....Any help would be appreciated. Before in the Klecko league, I created Standings tables and top 5 offense and defense tables...

I will try to keep a tighter rein on stats this time around and will require that the winner rceord certain stats.

LL

Bitter
    Originally posted by Vinny025@Aug 1 2004, 11:00 AM
    To be honest with you gov, I think my reign will end this year.
    I don't know how many times I have read this line from you. You're just trying to fill us with false hopes Vinny and you know it. :lol:

the way it will work is four weeks after madden comes out the league demand will be there

LL if you want to do a deal where we commish together i would be more than willing to work a site up... i never finished the old one but the plans are still there... what happened what people just wanted to play right away... i thought i had more time to code...

Husker........your on to me...lol

So who is going to the Madden Challenge this year? We still getting a strategy together and trying to beat some ass at the tourney? I'll be in the one in San Antonio October 31st.

I don't know if I'll be up for a tourney during football season (especially since I hope to be getting a new job soon). I'll be happy to keep playing in friendly games so you guys can keep practicing.

Originally posted by bitonti@Aug 2 2004, 11:40 PM
    the way it will work is four weeks after madden comes out the league demand will be there

LL if you want to do a deal where we commish together i would be more than willing to work a site up... i never finished the old one but the plans are still there... what happened what people just wanted to play right away... i thought i had more time to code...
    Hey bit teaming up as the two headed commish..yeah that would be great. God knows I need the help.

We can start the league in September. Why September? we all need time to test out the game and practice before we dive in plus it allows us to set up the website and rules the right way without rushing.

I think the starting date would be September 4, 2004. I also think that people should record their rushing and passing stats and their defensive stats (Sacks, Ints, Def Tds..) and that way we can keep track of that on the website. PLUS, it gives you a good barometer to measure your game..

Any other ideas?

LL

Originally posted by Vinny025@Aug 3 2004, 12:20 AM

So who is going to the Madden Challenge this year? We still getting a strategy together and trying to beat some ass at the tourney? I'll be in the one in San Antonio October 31st.
    I looked at the NYC madden challenge and its on two days...I might not be able to play in it...my boss is a prick now...

But I will help devise strategies to help all who want to team up and form The JI Madden Challenge Team.

LL

It was the best kept secret in video games, maybe this year. No, not the fact that Madden was going to be on Xbox Live…we all assumed that to be the case. The big secret is the fact that the game is going to include online leagues for both the PS2 and Xbox. The new EA Sports Premium Pass is going to weed out the riffraff and maintain an area for elite ballers. Players who don't quit games. Players who don't cheat. Players who play with integrity.
    From IGN

I hope the leagues will keep all the stats but this should make running the leagues much easier.

That would be sweet! Running the league online would make it sooooo much easier and we wouldnt need to wait for a PM to see what the score was...

LL

no matter what your doing online, the scores of your buddies games are flashed at the bottom of the screen anyway, even if your both in a game. Also on the bottom of the screen are the baseball, basketball, football, hockey, golf, tennis, ect... scores and are realtime.

Rookie
    Originally posted by Vinny025@Aug 6 2004, 12:19 PM
    no matter what your doing online, the scores of your buddies games are flashed at the bottom of the screen anyway, even if your both in a game. Also on the bottom of the screen are the baseball, basketball, football, hockey, golf, tennis, ect... scores and are realtime.
    I thought the ticker on the bottom was real life games such NFL games that happen to be going on at the same time as you were playing?

Rookie
    Originally posted by Penning10@Aug 5 2004, 07:12 PM
    It was the best kept secret in video games, maybe this year. No, not the fact that Madden was going to be on Xbox Live…we all assumed that to be the case. The big secret is the fact that the game is going to include online leagues for both the PS2 and Xbox. The new EA Sports Premium Pass is going to weed out the riffraff and maintain an area for elite ballers. Players who don't quit games. Players who don't cheat. Players who play with integrity.
    From IGN

I hope the leagues will keep all the stats but this should make running the leagues much easier.
    So what exactly is the premium pass gonna cost us? To me it seems like alittle lubrication b4 they start charging for these games that we've all become adictted to. I mean I can understand trying to weed out the cheaters and quitters but at what cost, we already shell out 40.00 for the game now what do they wann add on to it?

From what I read in the IGN review it said that it costs nothing but you need to put in a credit card number. So dont worry about any price for online gameplay.

I think it is just so they can keep track of people online. If someone becomes a problem, they can't just change names because they are tracked by CC number.

Bitter
    Originally posted by Vinny025@Aug 2 2004, 10:20 PM

I never heard but how did you do last year? I was going to sign up for the KC tournament but unfortunately it turned out that I hated the game withing 2 weeks of buying it. :lol:

Where do they have the dates of the Madden Challenge? Also Husker great signature

Jets Insider VIP
    WOW finally online leagues and thanks to Dodge they are free! http://www.easports.com/games/madden2005/p...remiumpress.jsp Way to go EA this is a great feature. Can't wait. 3 more days!

Husker, I made it past the first 4 guys, then lost in the 5th round cause I only got the ball once the entire game. I got the ball, scored, then he got the ball, milked the clock and scored a td.......halftime. Then he got the ball at the half, milked the clock, and scored a fg with 0000 remaining in the game. I lost 10-7. They use 2 minute quaters....but that wont even happen again.