Thread: Anyone work in Newark?

Maxman
    Just wondering what all the extra security looked like in those areas. I work about 5 miles from Newark and traffic was a disaster.

Not that I am complaining. I would certainly rather be safe then on time!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My mother works in Newark. I'll have to call her tonight to see what it was like.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually work for Prudential (but in Westchester County). My best friend works in the Newark office, he's in charge of the main fire wall for the computer sytem.

I spoke with him last night; the company sent out e-mail notices yesterday stating that "counselors" would be on hand at work today if anyone needed to speak with them.

He said it took a while to get into the complex today, especially the parking lot...they seem to be having a lot of meetings today.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    My father in law actually works at the Prudential building in Newark. Crazy how specific the threat actually was. You have to figure that if they were going to attack those buildings before, they would certainly have to find a new target now. The security must be intense.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure they have other targets cased out as well. Although these are primary targets, they probably have others in their sights as well. Its so f'ing scary if you have a loved one working in a building that is a possible target.

Al Qaeda may now target a soft target that is a symbol of american opulence like a posh hotel or a huge shopping mall...they want to create chaos...

LL

Bastards!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by latinlawyer[/i]@Aug 2 2004, 02:31 PM
    [b] I'm sure they have other targets cased out as well. Although these are primary targets, they probably have others in their sights as well. Its so f'ing scary if you have a loved one working in a building that is a possible target.

Al Qaeda may now target a soft target that is a symbol of american opulence like a posh hotel or a huge shopping mall...they want to create chaos...

LL

Bastards! [/b][/quote]
    i work in newport in jersey city and the security here has been stepped up. seeing jersey city police with automatic rifles...

i agree they will be moving to secondary targets, and having been 100 yards from the south tower on 9/11, i'm a little uneasy working in a high floor in the 3rd tallest building in new jersey.

Maxman
    I thought it was strange that the Turnpike was shut down (car lanes) by the Newark Area. I am not a big conspiracy guy but I am not buying that a car accident caused that much of a problem.

Shutting it down for a 20 mile stretch is a little extreme. It doesn't happen often. So I think there may have been other reasons behind it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jesus my girl works at Blue Cross Blue Shield right down there...damn it's getting crazy. She just got home from ATL last night and didn't go to work today.

I was hearing on the news that traffic is a nightmare.

Tom The Nader Fan™
    Couldn't this all be nipped in the bud if we just round up all the arab illegal aliens in Patterson, Brooklyn, Detroit et al?

Or should we wait until a few thousand more people die?

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Tom The Nader Fan™[/i]@Aug 2 2004, 10:04 PM
    [b] Couldn't this all be nipped in the bud if we just round up all the arab illegal aliens in Patterson, Brooklyn, Detroit et al?

Or should we wait until a few thousand more people die? [/b][/quote]
    If something blows up again those bastards better not be dancing in the streets. If they are, the revolution will start a little earlier than anticipated. They will not be happy when that happens.