Thread: Opinions on a potential trade?

I acquire:

1.) Patrick Ramsey (Drafted in 13th round)
    2.) Marcel Shipp (Drafted in the 5th)
    3.) 2005 first round pick

I give up:

1.) Michael Vick
    2.) Antowain Smith
    3.) A conditional 2005 pick based on Shipp's performance*.

* Conditions:

699 yards or less = 6th
    799 -700 yards = 5th
    999-800 yards = 4th
    1,000-1199 yards = 3rd
    1,200 or above and 8 or more TD's = 2nd

My current QB and RB's: Vinny, Vick, Antowain Smith, Eddie George, Tyrone Wheatley, Kevin Jones

His current Rb and QB's: Kurt Warner, Kerry Collins, Patrick Ramsey, McAllister, Tiki Barber, Marcel Shipp, Chris Brown

Keeper league, 16 teams, start QB/DL/DB/LB/DT/K/HC and 5 flex spots, standard scoring. You cannot keep your 1st rounders, but you can keep up to 5 players with a limit of 1 RB.

Why I think it's good for me: I get rid of Antowain and gamble that Shipp overtakes Emmit eventually and helps me win down the stretch with Kevin Jones when George and Wheatley lose their starting gigs. I also stockpile with 2 firsts next year to dominate. Possibly keep Ramsey for the future if he beats out Brunell eventually.

Why its good for the other guy: He protects Chris Brown and gets a starting QB that he can keep because Vick was taken in the 2nd. He will lose McAllister, but if Shipp gives me a great year..he will have two 2nd rounders.

Do you think it's a fair deal?

I envision a keeper roster of Kevin Jones (for a cost of a 18th pick), Patrick Ramsey (for a cost of a 13th pick), one young WR (Taylor or Calico for 9th or 12th pick), and two IDP's. Then I'll go into next year's draft with 1a, 1b, 2, 4, 5, 6,.....(assume my 3rd is traded away because I think Shipp will break 1,000).

Thoughts? Comments?

Tough to give up Vick. I think he comes back and has a banner season. But I don't like your running game as of now, so I guess you do this deal, and hold your nose.

Banned
    I wouldn't do it. Ramsey isn't a lock to start and Denny Green has already named Emmitt Smith the starter. While I'm sure Shipp will end up the starter eventually, that isn't enough to give up Vick. For you to give up Vick, it would require a mind-blowing trade. That isn't one. I wouldn't do that deal in a million years.

Originally posted by The Troll@Aug 5 2004, 05:35 PM
    I wouldn't do it. Ramsey isn't a lock to start and Denny Green has already named Emmitt Smith the starter. While I'm sure Shipp will end up the starter eventually, that isn't enough to give up Vick. For you to give up Vick, it would require a mind-blowing trade. That isn't one. I wouldn't do that deal in a million years.
    but...I get a 1st rounder. Let's say Ramsey is a starter somewhere next year. I could have 2 top RB's (From Priest to Dillion..pick 2 or one and Moss). To go along with Kevin Jones who will be a year older. Possibly still keep my 2nd rounder.

It could set me up for a SB run next year and a decent team this year...

Hall Of Fame
    Shipp is out - don't do it

Originally posted by mmckiernan@Aug 10 2004, 06:21 PM
    Shipp is out - don't do it
    Yeah, that was from August 5th.

I am still in talks with this guy because his 3 QB's are Warner, Ramsey, and Collins...no guaranteed starters here. I am interested in Ramsey and Collins for the future.

Amazing how far Kurt Warner has fallen from grace...3 years ago he was on top of the NFL universe....