Thread: Any News Dampier

I read on ESPN last week that the Knicks used the mid-level on Vin Baker his agent confirmed. I haven't heard anything since, if this is true besides a trade with the Warriors how do the Knicks sign him? Assuming he wants to come to NY.

All League
    Dampier hasn't signed the 3.1 Million the Knicks were prepared to give him.

So they could still use the MLE on Damp, I doubt he would take it anyway.

Damnit, bringing Dampier to NY will make this offseason great for the Knicks.. I have faith in Isaiah, he said his priority is to have both Baker and Dampier on the team... However, I also heard that Dampier could be using that whole being close to signing w/ the Knicks thing as a front to get more money out of the Hawks.. If so, then damn..

All League
    That's the most likely scenario right now, Damp was known for liking his money. He didnt opt out of 16M over 2 years for 5 Million this season.
    At least, highly unlikely

Originally posted by Icer@Aug 11 2004, 02:30 AM
    That's the most likely scenario right now, Damp was known for liking his money. He didnt opt out of 16M over 2 years for 5 Million this season.
    At least, highly unlikely
    What's Dampier waiting for? If he really wants teh $, grab the Hawks offer. The threat of that will force Mullin to either sign and trade him to the Knicks, or let him go!!