Thread: Any News Dampier

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read on ESPN last week that the Knicks used the mid-level on Vin Baker his agent confirmed. I haven't heard anything since, if this is true besides a trade with the Warriors how do the Knicks sign him? Assuming he wants to come to NY.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dampier hasn't signed the 3.1 Million the Knicks were prepared to give him.

So they could still use the MLE on Damp, I doubt he would take it anyway.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damnit, bringing Dampier to NY will make this offseason great for the Knicks.. I have faith in Isaiah, he said his priority is to have both Baker and Dampier on the team... However, I also heard that Dampier could be using that whole being close to signing w/ the Knicks thing as a front to get more money out of the Hawks.. If so, then damn..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's the most likely scenario right now, Damp was known for liking his money. He didnt opt out of 16M over 2 years for 5 Million this season.
    At least, highly unlikely

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Icer@Aug 11 2004, 02:30 AM
    That's the most likely scenario right now, Damp was known for liking his money. He didnt opt out of 16M over 2 years for 5 Million this season.
    At least, highly unlikely
    What's Dampier waiting for? If he really wants teh $, grab the Hawks offer. The threat of that will force Mullin to either sign and trade him to the Knicks, or let him go!!