Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Damn Hurricanes!!!

[quote][i]Originally posted by savage69+Aug 11 2004, 08:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (savage69 @ Aug 11 2004, 08:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dickkotite[/i]@Aug 11 2004, 09:22 PM
    [b] im gonna tell her to take a different flight.

do u think if i left tampa say midnight tomm(thursday) i will have a hell ride to miami? [/b][/quote]
    Depending where she&#39;s coming from the Flight may be canx anyway.. :unsure:
    Why isn&#39;t she coming into Tampa airport?? [/b][/quote]
    her father works for Varig. we go to brasil for 260 r/t but they dont fly out of tampa

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [quote][i]Originally posted by keylargojet[/i]@Aug 11 2004, 07:58 PM
    [b] wow pats fan. we are talking peoples lifes. i have to drive from miami to key largo in the morning. if i cant get out of the keys back to miami im gonna have to sit at a bar and drink and watch the storm off the ocean. come to think about it not a bad idea. i know ur post was meant in good humor. [/b][/quote]
    [b]Largo just a heads up [/b]they&#39;re talking about closing U.S.1 tomorrow afternoon so plan accordingly.

Be safe down there guys&#33;

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by keylargojet[/i]@Aug 11 2004, 08:05 PM
    [b] ptsfan u are one of the good guys. there was absolutly no offense in what u said. now tell me brady is better than chad and we go at it. lol [/b][/quote]

Thanks largo, and good luck with the storm.

BTW, Pennington is a much better QB than Brady.

Don&#39;t you know he led the entire NFL in QB rating in 2002. :blink: :blink:

Good luck FLA Jet fans&#33;

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

It&#39;s been raing pretty hard here. Queens is under water right now, but somehow they&#39;re still playing a meaningless Mets game. :lol: Stay safe down there.

[quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet+Aug 11 2004, 08:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JonEJet @ Aug 11 2004, 08:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dickkotite[/i]@Aug 11 2004, 08:22 PM

do u think if i left tampa say midnight tomm(thursday) i will have a hell ride to miami? [/b][/quote]
    dick

Just have her fly gulfstream over

SHould olnly be about &#036;50- &#036;100

I&#39;ve flown Gulfstream many times...lots of flights&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    i would pay up to 100 bcks to avoid this trip. the gulfstream site sucks and it shifts me over to continental which wants 212

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite+Aug 11 2004, 08:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (dickkotite @ Aug 11 2004, 08:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by JonEJet@Aug 11 2004, 08:27 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-dickkotite[/i]@Aug 11 2004, 08:22 PM

dick

i would pay up to 100 bcks to avoid this trip. the gulfstream site sucks and it shifts me over to continental which wants 212 [/b][/quote]
    I wouldn&#39;t count on them letting her land at that time.

if I&#39;m watching the weather right that&#39;s about the time it is coming ashore.

Tell her to extend her vacation a few days. That could be a dangerous trip.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite+Aug 11 2004, 08:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (dickkotite @ Aug 11 2004, 08:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by JonEJet@Aug 11 2004, 08:27 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-dickkotite[/i]@Aug 11 2004, 08:22 PM

dick

i would pay up to 100 bcks to avoid this trip. the gulfstream site sucks and it shifts me over to continental which wants 212 [/b][/quote]
    Continetal does the bookiings for Gulfstream

Probably because of the weather they&#39;re gouging <_<

All League
    Any of you Floridians been through Andrew? I went down there a week after to work with a construction crew. Had to commute from Deerfield to Homestead Air Force Base. Man I&#39;ve never seen such insane destruction. Even the base looked like it had been shot through a blender. Be smart and be safe. No surfing till it blows over&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [quote][i]Originally posted by SirLanceMehlot[/i]@Aug 11 2004, 10:05 PM
    [b] Any of you Floridians been through Andrew? I went down there a week after to work with a construction crew. Had to commute from Deerfield to Homestead Air Force Base. Man I&#39;ve never seen such insane destruction. Even the base looked like it had been shot through a blender. Be smart and be safe. No surfing till it blows over&#33; [/b][/quote]
    I was actually in the Red Sea during Andrew doing visit board search and seizure operations in the Navy on merchant ships that were enroute to and departing from Iraq but I&#39;ve heard plenty about it especially when we were getting hit by Georges in 98. Andrew was in 91, before my tenure in FL started though, I arrived in 94.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Best of luck to all our family & friends in FLA.this weekend ,stay well our prayers are with you...

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by SirLanceMehlot[/i]@Aug 11 2004, 10:05 PM
    [b] Any of you Floridians been through Andrew? I went down there a week after to work with a construction crew. Had to commute from Deerfield to Homestead Air Force Base. Man I&#39;ve never seen such insane destruction. Even the base looked like it had been shot through a blender. Be smart and be safe. No surfing till it blows over&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Yeah it was bad, a bunch of my Dad&#39;s friends lost there homes in Homestead.
    It was pretty bad there for a week, no electricity, chaos, etc.

[quote][i]Originally posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan[/i]@Aug 11 2004, 07:26 PM
    [b] [b]Well we&#39;re approximately 24 hrs away from getting slammed by Hurricane Charlie[/b] if the national weather services forecast holds true, the Keys are under the gun. Not a real big storm yet but it is forecasted to strengthen. So my JI Bretheren, if you don&#39;t hear from me for a few days, you know why&#33;&#33;&#33; But I will survive baby&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    [color=green][SIZE=4][b]JJJJJJJJJJEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSS FOR LIFE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;[/b][/color][/SIZE] ;) [/b][/quote]
    Good luck to you. I&#39;m sure you will be fine. Just try to deal with not being able to fish for a couple of days. That really sucks&#33; What key are you from?

Hall Of Fame
    Any of you South FLA or Coastal folks looking for a safe haven, I have some room for you here in Orlando. Would be more than happy to host a few more fans for a day&#33;

Just don&#39;t tell my wife.... :)

Seriously, if you need a place to evac to, shoot me an email / pm.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by JetFanTransplant[/i]@Aug 12 2004, 06:57 AM
    [b] Any of you South FLA or Coastal folks looking for a safe haven, I have some room for you here in Orlando. Would be more than happy to host a few more fans for a day&#33;

Just don&#39;t tell my wife.... :)

Seriously, if you need a place to evac to, shoot me an email / pm. [/b][/quote]
    Very nice offer to those that may need a place to crash for a day or two&#33;&#33;

Well done ;)

Floridian JIers.....good luck and be safe.

Stupid question.....if the dweebs at the Weather Dept (whatever the name is) knew they were naming the "B" storm Bonnie, why in the world wouldn&#39;t they name the "C" storm Clyde ?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Shadetree[/i]@Aug 12 2004, 08:21 AM
    [b] Floridian JIers.....good luck and be safe.

[/b][/quote]
    Ditto...........Be safe.............

Any word on the Storm?

Shadetree..........Hurricanes aren&#39;t named by the weather men/women. :lol:

[quote][i]Originally posted by jetgirl[/i]@Aug 12 2004, 07:24 AM
    [b]

Shadetree..........Hurricanes aren&#39;t named by the weather men/women. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Who names them?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Shadetree+Aug 12 2004, 08:28 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Shadetree @ Aug 12 2004, 08:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jetgirl[/i]@Aug 12 2004, 07:24 AM
    [b]

Shadetree..........Hurricanes aren&#39;t named by the weather men/women. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Who names them? [/b][/quote]
    One of our servicemen I believe.........not sure if it&#39;s the Navy/Army/Airforce or Marines, it&#39;s a girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/wife&#39;s name..........I am sort of leaning towards the Navy..........I can&#39;t remember right now, I haven&#39;t had my first cup of coffee :P but I&#39;m working on it.........

This is the second hurricane Bonnie.........I remember the first one, I have a friend named Bonnie and the last one sort of resembled her personality to a point so we teased her about it.......... :P

Hall Of Fame
    Hey Dick dont worry about it dude I&#39;ll go scoop up the Mrs for you, send me the flight info, we&#39;ll &#39;ride the storm&#39; out here and I&#39;ll return her to you when I&#39;m done, um I mean when the storm is over