Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Damn Hurricanes!!!

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Shadetree[/i]@Aug 12 2004, 07:28 AM
    [b]
    Who names them? [/b][/quote]
    "Since 1953, Atlantic tropical storms have been named from lists originated by the National Hurricane Center and now maintained and updated by an international committee of the World Meteorological Organization. The lists featured only women's names until 1979, when men's and women's names were alternated. Six lists are used in rotation. Thus, the 2004 list will be used again in 2010. Here is more information on the history of naming hurricanes."

"The only time that there is a change in the list is if a storm is so deadly or costly that the future use of its name on a different storm would be inappropriate for reasons of sensitivity. If that occurs, then at an annual meeting by the WMO committee (called primarily to discuss many other issues) the offending name is stricken from the list and another name is selected to replace it."

[quote][i]Originally posted by Mean Bro Green[/i]@Aug 12 2004, 08:29 AM
    [b] Hey Dick dont worry about it dude I'll go scoop up the Mrs for you, send me the flight info, we'll 'ride the storm' out here and I'll return her to you when I'm done, um I mean when the storm is over [/b][/quote]
    You just knew somebody was gonna jump all over that topic. :lol: :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: I'm in central florida and we'll probably only get some rain....it's pretty nice out right now.

To all thats in it's path A-Rod etc.....just watch yourselves and be safe.

Football season is here but we want to make sure all of the peeps are in one piece to enjoy the season.

We're about to get slammed here by a huge feeder ban off of Bonnie. Then tomorrow it looks like we might get a direct hit from Charley. It's been decades since Tampa took a direct hit or anything close to it.

On a football note, the Bengals were supposed to fly down tomorrow for Saturday nights game. They will be flying in on Saturday instead.

[quote][i]Originally posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan[/i]@Aug 11 2004, 07:26 PM
    [b] [b]Well we're approximately 24 hrs away from getting slammed by Hurricane Charlie[/b] if the national weather services forecast holds true, the Keys are under the gun. Not a real big storm yet but it is forecasted to strengthen. So my JI Bretheren, if you don't hear from me for a few days, you know why!!! But I will survive baby!!!!
    [color=green][SIZE=4][b]JJJJJJJJJJEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSS FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b][/color][/SIZE] ;) [/b][/quote]
    Take care love and take all the necessary precautions ok....be safe down there. All you fellow floridians be safe and careful. I wish you guys a blow over....we'll see. And Jon E...S. Carolinians are crazy..I believe you. I've been there plenty a storm and there was plenty of hooch to go around.... :lol: . We in NY had a hell of a night last night too. I work at JFK and we had over 3ft of water in one of our Delta terminals....and lightning hitting the ground...setting stuff a fire, it was crazy. To all be safe and careful. Im going to work now. Gotta get our boys to New Orleans safely....eat your hearts out!!!...I get to see my Curtis today.... :D :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by jets28[/i]@Aug 12 2004, 10:01 AM
    [b] Im going to work now. Gotta get our boys to New Orleans safely....eat your hearts out!!!...I get to see my Curtis today.... :D :D [/b][/quote]
    Can you sneak me on board to New Orleans? :D

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mainejet+Aug 12 2004, 05:49 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Mainejet @ Aug 12 2004, 05:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ARodKeyWestJetsFan[/i]@Aug 11 2004, 07:26 PM
    [b] [b]Well we&#39;re approximately 24 hrs away from getting slammed by Hurricane Charlie[/b] if the national weather services forecast holds true, the Keys are under the gun. Not a real big storm yet but it is forecasted to strengthen. So my JI Bretheren, if you don&#39;t hear from me for a few days, you know why&#33;&#33;&#33; But I will survive baby&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    [color=green][SIZE=4][b]JJJJJJJJJJEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSS FOR LIFE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;[/b][/color][/SIZE] ;) [/b][/quote]
    Good luck to you. I&#39;m sure you will be fine. Just try to deal with not being able to fish for a couple of days. That really sucks&#33; What key are you from? [/b][/quote]
    Cudjoe Key MM23. B)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by JetFanTransplant[/i]@Aug 12 2004, 06:57 AM
    [b] Any of you South FLA or Coastal folks looking for a safe haven, I have some room for you here in Orlando. Would be more than happy to host a few more fans for a day&#33;

Just don&#39;t tell my wife.... :)

Seriously, if you need a place to evac to, shoot me an email / pm. [/b][/quote]
    Thanks for the offer but I&#39;m bedding down in the county jail which is built to withstand a category 5 Hurricane. Charlie is forecasted to be a 3 when it hit&#39;s here. We&#39;re getting the outer bands right now with gusts over 35 and alot of lightning and some rain. We should be getting the brunt of Charley in about 6 or 7 hours. Charley&#39;s winds right now are 105 mph but they expect it to strengthen a little when the eye comes off the NW shore of Cuba in the next hour or so. Anyway the way it looks I won&#39;t be watching the Jets game tonight so let me end this by saying:

[color=green][SIZE=4][b]JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSS FOR LIFE BABY&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/color][/SIZE]

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by SirLanceMehlot[/i]@Aug 11 2004, 10:05 PM
    [b] Any of you Floridians been through Andrew? I went down there a week after to work with a construction crew. Had to commute from Deerfield to Homestead Air Force Base. Man I&#39;ve never seen such insane destruction. Even the base looked like it had been shot through a blender. Be smart and be safe. No surfing till it blows over&#33; [/b][/quote]
    I came down with the Army. I&#39;ve never seen anything like that before.

Practice Squad
    Buckle down there, ARod. Get that battery-operated blender out.....

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Rubba[/i]@Aug 12 2004, 11:33 PM
    [b] Buckle down there, ARod. Get that battery-operated blender out..... [/b][/quote]
    Already there brother, I&#39;m just waiting for the first power outage. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Stay safe everyone down there in Florida, don&#39;t do anything foolish like I would (stand on a boardwalk or shore and watch&#33;)

seriously, be safe and under angels watch

Jets Insider VIP
    [quote][i]Originally posted by BucJeff[/i]@Aug 12 2004, 09:53 AM
    [b] On a football note, the Bengals were supposed to fly down tomorrow for Saturday nights game. They will be flying in on Saturday instead. [/b][/quote]
    BucJeff, according to this article the Bengals are already in Orlando. Sounds like the game will be postponed though, no?

[url=http://bucs.tbo.com/bucs/MGB6LUGOTXD.html]http://bucs.tbo.com/bucs/MGB6LUGOTXD.html[/url]

[quote][i]Originally posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan+Aug 12 2004, 11:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (ARodKeyWestJetsFan @ Aug 12 2004, 11:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Mainejet@Aug 12 2004, 05:49 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-ARodKeyWestJetsFan[/i]@Aug 11 2004, 07:26 PM
    [b] [b]Well we&#39;re approximately 24 hrs away from getting slammed by Hurricane Charlie[/b] if the national weather services forecast holds true, the Keys are under the gun. Not a real big storm yet but it is forecasted to strengthen. So my JI Bretheren, if you don&#39;t hear from me for a few days, you know why&#33;&#33;&#33; But I will survive baby&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    [color=green][SIZE=4][b]JJJJJJJJJJEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSS FOR LIFE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;[/b][/color][/SIZE] ;) [/b][/quote]
    Good luck to you. I&#39;m sure you will be fine. Just try to deal with not being able to fish for a couple of days. That really sucks&#33; What key are you from? [/b][/quote]
    Cudjoe Key MM23. B) [/b][/quote]
    How far is that from Marathon?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Mainejet+Aug 13 2004, 05:06 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Mainejet @ Aug 13 2004, 05:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan@Aug 12 2004, 11:07 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by Mainejet@Aug 12 2004, 05:49 AM
    How far is that from Marathon? [/b][/quote]
    25 miles, about a 30 minute drive.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Well the center of Charley passed about 65 miles west of The lower Keys. We got some tropical storm force winds and some rain but that&#39;s it. Nowhere near as bad as they thought we would get. So it looks like I&#39;ll see the game tonight after all&#33; thank you God&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :D

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[b]Just a heads up for other Floridians, Charley has taken a unforecasted turn to the right (NE) so now instead of Tampa it looks like Fort Myers is under the gun [/b]so anyone in the vicinity of Ft. Myers Charley now has a bead on you, if you&#39;re not ready, do what you can. :unsure:

[quote][i]Originally posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan+Aug 13 2004, 11:49 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (ARodKeyWestJetsFan @ Aug 13 2004, 11:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Mainejet@Aug 13 2004, 05:06 AM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan@Aug 12 2004, 11:07 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by Mainejet@Aug 12 2004, 05:49 AM
    How far is that from Marathon? [/b][/quote]
    25 miles, about a 30 minute drive. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;ve been to Marathon. That&#39;s where I caught that tarpon in my avatar. I&#39;m definitely jealous of you, you can take advantage of that awesome fishing any time you please.