Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 218

Thread: HURRICAINE

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    9,873
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is getting worse by the minute. they are increasing the level and more and more they are saying its hitting tampa head on.

    they are already evacuating. even a hospital here is evacuating.

    the trees are whipping around outside already and its by cuba. im not gonna lie im starting tofreak.

    i wanted to buy closer to the water but my wife said no way because of hurricaines. we bought further away in a non evacuation zone. now they are saying this area could get hit with 105 mph winds. the guy on tv had a hard time standing in 60 mph winds. im nervouse as hell

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    sissy.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    9,873
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX[/i]@Aug 12 2004, 01:32 PM
    [b] sissy. [/b][/quote]
    let me be devirginized before we pass judgement

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    2,464
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is your house boarded up at least?

    Basement?

    What are your options at this point?

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    9,873
    Post Thanks / Like
    do u guys remember me asking about hurricaines in the tampa area before i moved? how u guys told me tampa hasnt had one in 40 years, its on the west coast blah blah.


    what the hell man

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    9,873
    Post Thanks / Like
    boarding up? no way thats a lot of work ..................then what i have holes in all my window frames?

    i may just fold up the patio umbrella and throw the resin furniture in the pool. after i nap though

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    2,464
    Post Thanks / Like
    Should have never left Valley Stream, L.I., dickie. All the girls there with big, aqua-netted hair could have comforted you in a time like this.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite[/i]@Aug 12 2004, 01:35 PM
    [b] do u guys remember me asking about hurricaines in the tampa area before i moved? how u guys told me tampa hasnt had one in 40 years, its on the west coast blah blah.

    [/b][/quote]

    And don't go crying to FEMA looking for a free loan to repair the damages.

    The taxpayers did not make the decision for DK to move to Hurricane Alley. ;)

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,329
    Post Thanks / Like
    :huh: :unsure: :blink: ...Ah , DK, if things dont work out...can I have your new
    DirectTv Dish system ? :)

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by D-BYRD[/i]@Aug 12 2004, 01:49 PM
    [b] :huh: :unsure: :blink: ...Ah , DK, if things dont work out...can I have your new
    DirectTv Dish system ? :) [/b][/quote]

    Dickie's new dish will probably end up in Daytona.

  11. #11
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    6,542
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Dickie, 105 mph isn't as bad as it sounds...just pick up anything that can become a missile & bring it inside..I have been through a # of hurricanes here in S Fla and have never had any major damage.. hell its not another Andrew at least.

    having said that...[color=green][SIZE=4]YEA, BABY, MISSED ME AGAIN LOL[/color][/SIZE]

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,329
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Aug 12 2004, 01:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Aug 12 2004, 01:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-D-BYRD[/i]@Aug 12 2004, 01:49 PM
    [b] :huh: :unsure: :blink: ...Ah , DK, if things dont work out...can I have your new
    DirectTv Dish system ? :) [/b][/quote]

    Dickie&#39;s new dish will probably end up in Daytona. [/b][/quote]
    :lol: :lol: :lol: ..If I&#39;m lucky maybe the thing will end up in CO. and take out the PR@%k at DirectTv that gave me such a hard time the other day. ;)

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    9,873
    Post Thanks / Like
    now im worried about my boat on its trailer only a mile or two from the water. i was there this morning, maybe i should have put the plug in so if the water rises it will float gently with the trailer starpped under it and then settle as the water drops

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r: I live in Orlando and I&#39;m not close to the water but let me tell you...about two hours ago I was out back and the wind started howling and the breeze was great.....I brought in the plants to the patio and turned off the outside jacuzzi.

    I&#39;m still going to the bar tommorrow night and will be donned in my best Jets attire.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    9,873
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@Aug 12 2004, 02:31 PM
    [b] :ph34r: I live in Orlando and I&#39;m not close to the water but let me tell you...about two hours ago I was out back and the wind started howling and the breeze was great.....I brought in the plants to the patio and turned off the outside jacuzzi.

    I&#39;m still going to the bar tommorrow night and will be donned in my best Jets attire. [/b][/quote]
    whoa.....the jet game tomm. i had to work but they cancelled work.... hmmm one positive i guess

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    Posts
    18,661
    Post Thanks / Like
    seriously DK this storm is a 1 we had a 5 with andrew all the difference in the world


    2 or 3 should get you concerned not a 1, oh wait they just said the pressure dropped and its passing warm waters in Cuba, get concerned dude it should be a strong 2

  17. #17
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    37,855
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey DK is your boat one of these?

    [img]http://www.erprojectimpact.org/images/flood2.jpg[/img]


    :P

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    9,873
    Post Thanks / Like
    iil gladly trade mine for one of them big sunk ones. a little windex and your good to go

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r: that was kinda funny (boats)

    I moved from NYC in late 1998 to Orlando and I have yet to really see anything serious (and I don&#39;t want to&#33;&#33;) each year this seems to happen and then all we get here is rain.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,629
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite[/i]@Aug 12 2004, 01:30 PM
    [b] this is getting worse by the minute. they are increasing the level and more and more they are saying its hitting tampa head on.

    they are already evacuating. even a hospital here is evacuating.

    the trees are whipping around outside already and its by cuba. im not gonna lie im starting tofreak.

    i wanted to buy closer to the water but my wife said no way because of hurricaines. we bought further away in a non evacuation zone. now they are saying this area could get hit with 105 mph winds. the guy on tv had a hard time standing in 60 mph winds. im nervouse as hell [/b][/quote]
    Looks like you are going to get the 1-2 punch.

    Just heard on the weather Ch. that Charlie is going to, hit the Keys, go out into the Gulf, develop into a cat 3 storm (Big One) then turn into Tampa, thank God, I was afraid it was coming here and bother us good people, just had a tornado about a mile away. Fortunately it appears it is going to miss the good people of St. Lucie Co, and get the evil ones in Tampa.

    My suggestion is get drunk, if something bad happens, you won&#39;t know about it.

    Good Luck

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us