Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Damn....Lamont is a real playmaker!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by huskeralk+Aug 14 2004, 09:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (huskeralk @ Aug 14 2004, 09:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by savage69@Aug 14 2004, 07:11 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-huskeralk[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 09:09 PM
    [b] Alot of key fumbles in the past come to mind. [/b][/quote]
    Ok Husker name them??? [/b][/quote]
    :lol: I can&#39;t remember the exact game but it was back when Martin was working with 2 bum ankles. Jordan pretty much blew a nut in his big chance to prove something with 2 huge fumbles. [/b][/quote]
    Sounds like you watch the Jets more than you watch the patsies. Husker = Jet Fan? Come out of the closet Husker&#33;&#33;&#33; ;) DAMN CHOWDS&#33;

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn54[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 07:13 PM
    [b] correct me if I am wrong, but LaMont did not fumble once in 2003 or 2001. [/b][/quote]
    No he didn&#39;t but he had 4 in 2002 which was the year that he saw the most action.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by huskeralk+Aug 14 2004, 08:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (huskeralk @ Aug 14 2004, 08:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ErIcBaRtOn54[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 07:13 PM
    [b] correct me if I am wrong, but LaMont did not fumble once in 2003 or 2001. [/b][/quote]
    No he didn&#39;t but he had 4 in 2002 which was the year that he saw the most action. [/b][/quote]

how many fumbles did barry sanders have in his rookie season?

LaMont has not had enough carries to say he has fumble problems

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn54+Aug 14 2004, 07:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (ErIcBaRtOn54 @ Aug 14 2004, 07:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by huskeralk@Aug 14 2004, 08:15 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-ErIcBaRtOn54[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 07:13 PM
    No he didn&#39;t but he had 4 in 2002 which was the year that he saw the most action. [/b][/quote]

how many fumbles did barry sanders have in his rookie season?

LaMont has not had enough carries to say he has fumble problems [/b][/quote]
    and he also hasn&#39;t had enough carries for anyone to claim that he&#39;s a "real playmaker" either.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    you guys are making Lamont out to be like hes Tiki Barber :rolleyes:

I&#39;ve never officially jumped on either the Lamont or Curtis bandwaggons, nor do I plan to, but you chowds come on here and say "he fumbles when he gets the chance", and then you fail to correctly name the example, and instead give a brief reference to something that happened two years ago that obviously must&#39;ve not been important if none of the actual JETS fans remembers it <_< :blink:

I still remember Gerald Sowell for two fumbles in the same game in 1998, thats what I think of when I hear his name, when I hear Lamont, i think back to that 53 yard touchdown run he had in the playoffs.

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by blackout806[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 07:34 PM
    [b]

I&#39;ve never officially jumped on either the Lamont or Curtis bandwaggons, nor do I plan to, but you chowds come on here and say "he fumbles when he gets the chance", and then you fail to correctly name the example, and instead give a brief reference to something that happened two years ago that obviously must&#39;ve not been important if none of the actual JETS fans remembers it <_< :blink:
    [/b][/quote]
    I did name the time. Some people have a tendency of "forgetting" things when it doesn&#39;t benefit them. I&#39;m not saying he&#39;s a cronic fumbler. Someone asked for an example of something bad that he has done with the Jets. I pointed out that game where he coughed up the ball twice in key situations. I&#39;m thinking it may have been a Patriots game. I would gladly point out some mistakes he made last season BUT HE DIDN&#39;T PLAY&#33;&#33; You tell me. Does he deserve to be called a "real playmaker" based on what he has done thus far? I mean hell, Mike Cloud busted the Titans heads last season, I guess he&#39;s a "real playmaker" too. YIPPEE&#33;&#33;

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by blackout806[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 09:34 PM
    [b] you guys are making Lamont out to be like hes Tiki Barber :rolleyes:

I still remember Gerald Sowell for two fumbles in the same game in 1998, thats what I think of when I hear his name, when I hear Lamont, i think back to that 53 yard touchdown run he had in the playoffs. [/b][/quote]
    Not to mention Martin&#39;s Fumble in the Pat Game in 99 cost us Vinny
    for the Season..I won&#39;t mention his Fumble in the 98 Championship
    Game nor in the Raven Game in 2000..Yes he rarely fumbles..But
    when he does it&#39;s a Doozy&#33;&#33; :lol:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by huskeralk[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 08:28 PM
    [b] and he also hasn&#39;t had enough carries for anyone to claim that he&#39;s a "real playmaker" either. [/b][/quote]
    Stop the nonsense. Anyone who&#39;s watched any Jets football game over the past 2 years knows what he can do.

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JumbalayaJet[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 07:42 PM
    [b]
    Stop the nonsense. Anyone who&#39;s watched any Jets football game over the past 2 years knows what he can do. [/b][/quote]
    What nonsense? Someone has to call the BS around here. I&#39;m not even bashing Jordan. I just simply said he has done good things but he&#39;s also done bad things so everyone erupts. What is so hard about opening your eyes and looking at your players for what they really are? Some days I would swear I was on an AFC Pro Bowl team message board.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by huskeralk+Aug 14 2004, 09:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (huskeralk @ Aug 14 2004, 09:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JumbalayaJet[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 07:42 PM
    [b]
    Stop the nonsense. Anyone who&#39;s watched any Jets football game over the past 2 years knows what he can do. [/b][/quote]
    What nonsense? Someone has to call the BS around here. I&#39;m not even bashing Jordan. I just simply said he has done good things but he&#39;s also done bad things so everyone erupts. What is so hard about opening your eyes and looking at your players for what they really are? Some days I would swear I was on an AFC Pro Bowl team message board. [/b][/quote]
    Husker IS a Jets fan. Its obvious that he watches more of the jets than he watches the Patsies. DAMN CHOWDS&#33;&#33;&#33;

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I don&#39;t think there&#39;s ever been a player who hasn&#39;t made a mistake. Yes, even Cindy. Dosen&#39;t mean he isn&#39;t a playmaker.

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JumbalayaJet[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 07:50 PM
    [b] I don&#39;t think there&#39;s ever been a player who hasn&#39;t made a mistake. Yes, even Cindy. Dosen&#39;t mean he isn&#39;t a playmaker. [/b][/quote]
    Yes but plays like that have proven it time and time again. Jordan has had an average of 3.5 carries per game through his career to this point. Like I said if Lamont Jordan can be considered a playmaker so can Mike Cloud. He&#39;s a good young back but until he gets the start and actually proves he can be productive through a whole season that&#39;s all he is.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    According to Husker, unless you play for the Pats and vacation in P-town, you are not a playmaker. DAMN CHOWDS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Angry

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetman67[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 08:04 PM
    [b] According to Husker, unless you play for the Pats and vacation in P-town, you are not a playmaker. DAMN CHOWDS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Angry [/b][/quote]
    Is that right? I think your Patriot Fan translating device is broken.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jordan may only avg. 3.5 carries a game... but he also has and avg. of 4.7 yards per carry... not too shabby...

The guy definitely has a chance to be a star in this league... to say otherwise is pretty ignorant... I wish some of the Jet fans here pretending to be Pat fans would support our players a bit more.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I&#39;m not into the banner-waving and rah-rah, but I have to step in a second and defend Lamont. If he&#39;s with another team next year, that&#39;ll be a damned lucky team. The guy is powerfully built and can turn on a dime. He runs hard and delivers a blow and has excellent speed. Mike Cloud has none of these attributes. Jordan is a stud. If the pats fans want to bust balls about him, make fun of the fact that we have an awesome weapon that sits the bench because no-one on team will step up and send our hall-of-famer to the bench. Emmitt Smith, Marcus Allen, even Walter Payton--all should have been replaced by younger legs at the end of their careers. Jordan is a victim of sentimentality, (even though Cmart certainly has some gas left in the tank.)

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Cloud, huh? This Chowd is just a flamer trying to get his last digs in before things get serious.
    I don&#39;t know about this sentimentality thing. Herm has dumped a couple old slow LB&#39;s, so I would hope he&#39;d do the same when Curtis no longer has it. We saw last night that that day is still far off, though. LaMont needs to stop sulking and realize he&#39;s in a tough situation. Not that he dosen&#39;t deserve to start, but CuMar&#39;s a future HOF&#39;er who&#39;s not even close to a downswing.

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JumbalayaJet[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 10:54 PM
    [b] This Chowd is just a flamer trying to get his last digs in before things get serious.
    [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, you got it. I&#39;m glad you think that you have things all figured out. Would this make all of you sensitive little babies feel better?

Lamont Jordan is the greatest running back I have seen. One more season like his past 3 and they will induct him into the HOF before he even retires.

I realize that Erik Coleman has yet to even play a game in the NFL but it&#39;s clear to see that he is better than Ronnie Lott was in his prime.

From what I have seen of Jonathan Vilma, it&#39;s plain to see that he is already one of the top 5 LBs in the league. One season and everyone will be saying Ray who?

So there, do all of you little insecure whiners feel better. I&#39;ll work on conjuring up some rainbows for you too.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Husker - You forgot to include,[color=green][b] "Chad is the greatest QB of alltime."[/b][/color]

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PFSIKH[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 08:52 AM
    [b] Husker - You forgot to include,[color=green][b] "Chad is the greatest QB of alltime."[/b][/color] [/b][/quote]
    and he forgot to include that HUSKERS penis is so small, he pisses on his balls....