Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Damn....Lamont is a real playmaker!

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PFSIKH[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 06:52 AM
    [b] Husker - You forgot to include,[color=green][b] "Chad is the greatest QB of alltime."[/b][/color] [/b][/quote]
    Yeah but that one was a given so I left it out.

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by LockeJET+Aug 15 2004, 06:55 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (LockeJET @ Aug 15 2004, 06:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PFSIKH[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 08:52 AM
    [b] Husker - You forgot to include,[color=green][b] "Chad is the greatest QB of alltime."[/b][/color] [/b][/quote]
    and he forgot to include that HUSKERS penis is so small, he pisses on his balls.... [/b][/quote]
    What does the size of my penis have to do with you being a defensive little baby? If you can&#39;t take some honest criticism of your players without me even getting nasty about it, you have some real issues pal. Might want to look into them.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, everyone&#39;s entitled to their opinion. I think LaMont is a playmaker. For the few times he&#39;s seen the field he&#39;s produced. He comes up big in short yardage and goal line situations. He&#39;s even broken a few big runs as well. I like what he brings to the table and he should be given more carries this season to see what he could do in a bigger role in the offense. So far from what I&#39;ve seen, he&#39;s certainly got play making ability.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by huskeralk[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 07:54 PM
    [b] Like I said if Lamont Jordan can be considered a playmaker so can Mike Cloud. He&#39;s a good young back but until he gets the start and actually proves he can be productive through a whole season that&#39;s all he is. [/b][/quote]
    Wow... I am agreeing with a Pats fan. :lol:

Not a single person here knows what kind of back Jordan will be if he got the ball 300 times overt he course of 16 games. I agree that he has the physical tools but that is all any of us know. We don&#39;t know what would happen when he starts taking hit after hit, how durable he would be on week 10 in the 4th when we have the lead and are trying to kill the clock...

We do know that Martin is an all-time great, and still can run the damn ball. Jordan might be a fricken 1500 yard back one day (and if he is I hope it is with the Jets), but honestly... take away 1 playoff run and what has he done?

Physical gifts don&#39;t always equal anything special on the field. Remember our tight end by the name of Johnny Mitchell? Remember the physical gifts that man had? Remember his terrific 93 season? What kind of career did he have?

Bottom line is we won&#39;t know what Jordan can do until he gets a dozen or so carries a game for a full season.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [Bottom line is we won&#39;t know what Jordan can do until he gets a dozen or so carries a game for a full season.]
    I think that is the point alot of people (especially Savage) have been making for a long time. We have not utilized Jordan to really determine how good he can be. 10 or so carries a game the last couple of years is what we should have given Jordan- and this is not to knock Martin and the great career he has had.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by faba[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 10:28 AM
    [b] [Bottom line is we won&#39;t know what Jordan can do until he gets a dozen or so carries a game for a full season.]
    I think that is the point alot of people (especially Savage) have been making for a long time. We have not utilized Jordan to really determine how good he can be. 10 or so carries a game the last couple of years is what we should have given Jordan- and this is not to knock Martin and the great career he has had. [/b][/quote]
    Amen..I agree&#33;&#33; ;)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by faba[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 09:28 AM
    [b] [Bottom line is we won&#39;t know what Jordan can do until he gets a dozen or so carries a game for a full season.]
    I think that is the point alot of people (especially Savage) have been making for a long time. We have not utilized Jordan to really determine how good he can be. 10 or so carries a game the last couple of years is what we should have given Jordan- and this is not to knock Martin and the great career he has had. [/b][/quote]
    Agreed. Jordan has, in his brief amount of carries, shown POTENTIAL to be a quality top-rung NFL RB. However, you really cannot know if he is truly a "playmaker" until he gets those 25-30 carries a game as the #1 guy. It is alot easier to look good in limited duty than in spot duty, often late in games.

Yes, Herm SHOULD be giving Jordan more of a chance. Yes, Jordan and Curtis should split carries this year, unless one is playing MUCH better than the other.....

Still, with a player of Curtis Martins stature and abillity, it is not so easy to just cast him (and his salary) aside for a young guy. Curtis has been a warrior for us for years now, and deserves to be able to keep his job as #1 RB through his play.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that he&#39;s needs more carries to find a rythm in order to achieve his full potential. Not sold on the need for 30 carries to qualify him as a playmaker, though. In fact it would be hard for a runner of his style to stay healthy with that workload.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JumbalayaJet[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 10:47 AM
    [b] I agree that he&#39;s needs more carries to find a rythm in order to achieve his full potential. Not sold on the need for 30 carries to qualify him as a playmaker, though. In fact it would be hard for a runner of his style to stay healthy with that workload. [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s a Valid point Jumbo&#33;&#33; Players like Lamont deliver a blow as
    they run as opposed to Martin who knows how to avoid receiving
    them..That is a main reason for Cumars Longevity and also why
    Big Bruising Backs usually don&#39;t last as long.. ;)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by savage69+Aug 15 2004, 09:53 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (savage69 @ Aug 15 2004, 09:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JumbalayaJet[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 10:47 AM
    [b] I agree that he&#39;s needs more carries to find a rythm in order to achieve his full potential. Not sold on the need for 30 carries to qualify him as a playmaker, though. In fact it would be hard for a runner of his style to stay healthy with that workload. [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s a Valid point Jumbo&#33;&#33; Players like Lamont deliver a blow as
    they run as opposed to Martin who knows how to avoid receiving
    them..That is a main reason for Cumars Longevity and also why
    Big Bruising Backs usually don&#39;t last as long.. ;) [/b][/quote]
    Christian Okoye (I think that&#39;s how he spelled it)?

I get ya Sav, but Lamont still has something to prove in my view. The only question is if Herm & Co. will give him an opportunity to prove it....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    the only people *****ing and crying in this thread are the patsy fans&#33;&#33;

nobody ever said Coleman was ronnie lott

nobody ever said vilma is a top 5 LB

nobody ever said LaMont was the greatest back

stop *****ing and exaggerating and making s**t up to try and back up your end of the arguement. that is why I hate you patsy fans, you make s**t up about what jets fans think of our young players.

all we know is vilma, coleman, Lamont have serious serious skills to be great players in this league.

if you don&#39;t see that, you&#39;re a "complete dumbass"

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn54[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 11:16 AM
    [b] the only people *****ing and crying in this thread are the patsy fans&#33;&#33;

nobody ever said Coleman was ronnie lott

nobody ever said LaMont was the greatest back

stop *****ing and exaggerating and making s**t up to try and back up your end of the arguement. that is why I hate you patsy fans, you make s**t up about what jets fans think of our young players.

all we know is vilma, coleman, Lamont have serious serious skills to be great players in this league.

if you don&#39;t see that, you&#39;re a "complete dumbass" [/b][/quote]
    EB..They do it to get a rise out of you..And it works everytime&#33;&#33; ;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn54[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 10:16 AM
    [b]

[/b][/quote]

Wrong.

pope said he is the next Ray Lewis. :blink:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mickey Shuler[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 09:23 AM
    [b]
    Physical gifts don&#39;t always equal anything special on the field. Remember our tight end by the name of Johnny Mitchell? Remember the physical gifts that man had? Remember his terrific 93 season? What kind of career did he have?

[/b][/quote]
    Whoa&#33; Lets not compare him to Johnny Mitchell. Jordan has sat the bench quietly for years, limiting his value, his celebrity, and his opportunity at big-league money. The guy has been a class act and a team player. Johnny Mitchell was a tool who put himself first at the expense of his team. Character counts.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 11:34 AM
    [b]

Wrong.

pope said he is the next Ray Lewis. :blink: [/b][/quote]
    Actually Tex I think it was Ray Lewis jr..Well at least there&#39;s no
    knives or Bowling balls to get in the way&#33;&#33; :lol: I think he will be
    the Best Vilma he can be and it will do the Jets proud&#33;&#33; ;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Aug 15 2004, 10:34 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Aug 15 2004, 10:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ErIcBaRtOn54[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 10:16 AM
    [b]

[/b][/quote]

Wrong.

pope said he is the next Ray Lewis. :blink: [/b][/quote]

right. but pkish said jets fans think vilma IS a top 5 LB. obviously how can he? he has not even played in a real game yet. see the difference.

and vilma could be very similar to ray lewsi, but that won&#39;t happen now, so he is not a top 5 LB right now, like pfish says jets fans think he is. <_<

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by savage69[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 10:47 AM
    [b] I think he will be the Best Vilma he can be and it will do the Jets proud&#33;&#33; ;) [/b][/quote]

Agree.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chad is better than Joe Montana.

Vilma is better than LT.

Drob makes Sapp look like a b*tch.

Randy Moss carries McCarreins lunch.

Eric Coleman makes Jon Lynch in his prime look like a pop warner player.

That felt good. Go ahead Pats fans, have fun. God knows there must not be anything else interesting going on in Boston today.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn54[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 02:50 PM
    [b]

right. but pkish said jets fans think vilma IS a top 5 LB. obviously how can he? he has not even played in a real game yet. see the difference.

and vilma could be very similar to ray lewsi, but that won&#39;t happen now, so he is not a top 5 LB right now, like pfish says jets fans think he is. <_< [/b][/quote]
    Wait a sec Hoss, I do not think I have said that......in fact buried on this board is me congratulating the selection of Vilma....there is also a post or ten of me wanting Vilma for the Patriots....to be he is going to be wasted on the Jets until they get a real coach..... ;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by huskeralk+Aug 15 2004, 12:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (huskeralk @ Aug 15 2004, 12:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JumbalayaJet[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 10:54 PM
    [b] This Chowd is just a flamer trying to get his last digs in before things get serious.
    [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, you got it. I&#39;m glad you think that you have things all figured out. Would this make all of you sensitive little babies feel better?

Lamont Jordan is the greatest running back I have seen. One more season like his past 3 and they will induct him into the HOF before he even retires.

I realize that Erik Coleman has yet to even play a game in the NFL but it&#39;s clear to see that he is better than Ronnie Lott was in his prime.

From what I have seen of Jonathan Vilma, it&#39;s plain to see that he is already one of the top 5 LBs in the league. One season and everyone will be saying Ray who?

So there, do all of you little insecure whiners feel better. I&#39;ll work on conjuring up some rainbows for you too. [/b][/quote]

excuse me, it was not pfkish that said it. it was husker