Thread: Best hit ever delivered by a RB?

As you may or may not know, Reggie Jackson was also a RB at Arizona State

In fact, he was a very highly regarded prospect by the NFL

Anyway, the best hit I have ever seen delivered by a RB came via Mr. October

1977 World Series ... Game 6 ... the 3 HR Game ... the WS clincher

Game ends on a pop-out and the fans swarm the field

Reggie bolts from RF to the dugout, but that was a long journey and by the time he reached the infield the field was swarming with fans ... most making a B-Line for Mr. October

This is where Reggie's RB skills kicked in ... it was actually very impressive to watch such a big man running full speed through such a sea of humanity, weaving in and out ... that man had alotta wiggle, even at full speed

But then one fan in a green coat lungged right in front of Reggie just as he was nearing the dugout ... it came so sudden as the fan darted out of nowhere ... he was impossible to avoid with a juke

So Reggie just lowered his shoulder and lowered the boom!! :o

I kid you not ... the hit literally lifted that man off his feet {about five feet off the ground} and threw him at least 5 feet in the air :lol:

That, my friends, was a colossal blow!! :D

Banned
    I don't know, but the best hit I ever seen by a baseball player is either by Brian Jordan or Pete Rose.

Hall Of Fame
    Best hit by a RB...............Hmmmmmm

Got to be the hit by Ricky Williams on Wanny's job security.

That was a pure KO.

That blow Keith Byers landed on Pepper Johnson was classic ... that was a bone-jarring block/hit

Earl Cambell, never saw the guy play (was too young) but I've seen highlites and that dude abused people.

All Pro
    Bernie Parmalee, remember him?
    I was at a sports bar, TKs in Danbury CT, it was after a few pitchers so I dont recall the exact details...
    this is when he was with us, think it must have been the 98-99 season.
    thinking it was the pats or phins
    playing on special teams
    he just layed some poor guy out.
    I am not even sure if it was a tackle or a block, like I said i had few in me, but the entire place in unison let out a OHHHHH. then again on the replay an even louder reaction, and then went crazy.
    Does this ring a bell with anybody else? I know it is pretty vague.

Bo Jackson running over Bosworth like he wasn't even there.

All League
    Days of the power running back are long gone. Guys like Brown, Cambell,Csanka arn't even looked at today.

All Pro
    I think it was last year, Greg Jones of Florida State absolutely crushed some poor kid. That kid went flying.

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Thor99[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 03:54 PM
    [b] I think it was last year, Greg Jones of Florida State absolutely crushed some poor kid. That kid went flying. [/b][/quote]
    i think it was a guy from UNC, blew the poor guys helmet right off.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Edgerrin James at RU ran up the sideline and absolutely blasted 3 would-be tacklers on the way to the endzone. I was sitting about 25 rows up and actually felt the collisions.

Jerome Bettis has laid out numerous guys.

Hall Of Fame
    The best I ever saw was Earl Cambell just destroying Rams LB Isaih Robertson. Our own Matt Snell had a few gems too.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 02:50 PM
    [b] That blow Keith Byers landed on Pepper Johnson was classic ... that was a bone-jarring block/hit [/b][/quote]
    A buddy of mine layed an even bigger shot on ole Pepper no longer then a month

ago. Outside of a club here in RI my brother and a few of our close friends were

leaving the club when Pepper and our friend began to exchange words. No more

then 3 seconds after the first words were exchanged Pepper nudged against my

buddy. Pepper then commenced to be KO'd by one shot from my friend.

see what Pepper didn't know is that the person he started a fight with was a 15-0

amateur boxer just recently turned pro. That my friends is the biggest shot Pepper

ever took.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 02:50 PM
    [b] That blow Keith Byers landed on Pepper Johnson was classic ... that was a bone-jarring block/hit [/b][/quote]
    He did a pretty good job on Kevin Greene at the Meadowlands also. Unfortunately it gave him false confidence that he was gonna do it to Romanowski a couple weeks later. That wasn't so pretty.

All Pro
    i would say the hit ricky williams took from a 9 foot bong right before he called dan lebetard from the miami herald and told him he was retiring so that he could eat doritos for the rest of his life.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by dmaynard[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 05:39 PM
    [b] The best I ever saw was Earl Cambell just destroying Rams LB Isaih Robertson. Our own Matt Snell had a few gems too. [/b][/quote]
    Poor Earl no one ever spells his name right. :lol: Campbell!! His first 4
    years he had 55 TD's and 6457 yds Rushing averaging over 1600 yds
    per year.. But Old Earl(One of my all time Favs) Like to punish his
    Tacklers and it took it's toll body wise and he had 1 good year after 81!
    Jordan has some Earl in him with a Combo of speed and power! ;)
    And Matt was a Hell of a Blocker DM!!

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by VAJetsFan[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 03:28 PM
    [b] Bo Jackson running over Bosworth like he wasn't even there. [/b][/quote]

Yep, thats the one...RAN OVER that retard.

Then again, I was never a running back, but I punched a guy so hard last night when he hit the wall 5 feet behind him, the WALL cried. TRUTH. ;)

Bitter
    [quote][i]Originally posted by helbigjet+Aug 14 2004, 02:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (helbigjet @ Aug 14 2004, 02:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Thor99[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 03:54 PM
    [b] I think it was last year, Greg Jones of Florida State absolutely crushed some poor kid. That kid went flying. [/b][/quote]
    i think it was a guy from UNC, blew the poor guys helmet right off. [/b][/quote]
    I think you&#39;re talking about Greg Jones. He blew up a player from UNC and that is the best hit I have ever seen period. Yeah so what. A dude blew up a fan. Whoopty freakin do.