Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is There Still A Chance That Lamont Gets Traded?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It looked like The Jets were showcasing Jordan last night. They had him playing deep within the game against The Saints 3rd and 4th stringers.

The first RB off the bench last night right after Martin was Jonathan Reese!, He actually got in there on the first series.

Obviously, You don't trade Jordan to Miami. Under any circumstance. But could there be a few teams interested in his services and what would The Jets look for in return.

I think that Oakland is still a possibility,. The buzz in Oakland is that They are going to let Phillip Buchanon go at the end of this season. They just offered Charles Woodson huge money and they like Namdi Asomugha. They are not going to have the money available to resign Buchanon.

Would The Jets trade Jordan for Buchanon straight up?

I am just throwing this out there as a possibility. Even though, trades rarely happen this late.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

phiilip could be a top 10 corner in this league..i would make this trade in a heart beat...phillip also returns punts and interceptions for tds..hes a playmaker...if we dont plan on signing Lamont @ seasons end i make this trade today...

Banned
    Actually, I would be pretty happy with that trade. I think Phillip Buchanon is going to be a very good cornerback in this league and he's also an excellent return man, as we saw first-hand last season.

All Pro
    i thought that oakland had signed several FA RBs in the offseason.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by helbigjet[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 07:20 PM
    [b] i thought that oakland had signed several FA RBs in the offseason. [/b][/quote]
    You gotta believe that Norv Turner is not happy with his backs. They actually called about Jordan at draft time but The Jets asking price was too high for them.

The Raiders right now have Troy Hambrick and Amos Zeroque, who both stink. Tyrone Wheatley is a mediocre back and Justin Fargas is coming off surgery.

The Raiders wanted Jordan, I am just throwing them out there as a possibility. Jordan fits The new Raiders offense perfectly and he's had his best runs against Oakland.

I doubt that The Jets would trade Lamont Jordan for Rich Gannon. I think it would be for someone like Buchanon.

I wanna keep Jordan this year. This is how, I see it.

If Martin goes down, The Jets are more than well covered with Jordan here. If Martin falters and Jordan has a big year, Then when the season ends, Martin gets cut or retructures his deal and Jordan becomes the #1.

Unless, I am going to get something good in return, I like the value of having Jordan for this season. I am thinking about this year right now.

YJF, it's awesome that you mention this. Jody Mac on WFAN just predicted that NY would trade Jordan before the start of the regular season. He is also of the opinion that the Jets were "showcasing" him last night. Might as well get SOMETHING for him; he is as good as gone at the end of the 2004 season.

Banned
    if Lamont is going to talk so humble of himself and say he wants #1 RB money, then he's gotta put up, regardless of the quality of opponents

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by YoungJetsFan[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 03:26 PM
    [b]
    I am thinking about this year right now. [/b][/quote]
    Me too!!!

If this team stays ****HEALTHY***** this is a this year team.

This team can go all the way. We just need Patsie type breaks!!

Would a trade like that work with the salary cap implications?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Brooklyn Jet[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 07:28 PM
    [b] Would a trade like that work with the salary cap implications? [/b][/quote]
    It would work cap wise. Both Buchanon and Jordan are under their rookie contracts. So it's almost like an even swap salary wise. Phillip probably makes a tad bit more than Jordan at this point.

All League
    Jordan has proved his worth as a backup. What other RB has shown anything in a real game. Look at what the Phins have brought in to replace Williams. I would rather have a proven player like Jorden at#2. Have to play for this year let next season take care of itself.

[quote][i]Originally posted by YoungJetsFan+Aug 14 2004, 04:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (YoungJetsFan @ Aug 14 2004, 04:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Brooklyn Jet[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 07:28 PM
    [b] Would a trade like that work with the salary cap implications? [/b][/quote]
    It would work cap wise. Both Buchanon and Jordan are under their rookie contracts. So it&#39;s almost like an even swap salary wise. Phillip probably makes a tad bit more than Jordan at this point. [/b][/quote]
    What about signing bonuses? Do those accelerate or have any affect in a trade?

I prefer seeing Jordan stay, but if it means getting something for a guy who will leave, and it addresses a possible weakness, then Id definately consider it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by YoungJetsFan[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 04:12 PM
    [b] It looked like The Jets were showcasing Jordan last night. They had him playing deep within the game against The Saints 3rd and 4th stringers.

[/b][/quote]
    What your trying to say is Jordan wouldn&#39;t show as well if he
    started..Lets be fair then and say all the good things that you
    say the Jet D did they didn&#39;t do against the Saints starting QB&#33;&#33; They
    went against a 3rd string QB J.T. O&#39;Sullivan..Be Fair and Balanced
    YJF&#33;&#33; :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

a BACKUP RUNNING BACK FOR A BACKUP QB SOUNDS FAIR...

I think our value of Jordan is inflated. Why would you trade a 1st round pick corner back for a 3rd round pick back who has proved very litte during his career.

If I was Oakland and wanted a running back I would be on the phone with Buffalo and try to get Henry out of the cold.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Manny B[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 08:15 PM
    [b] I think our value of Jordan is inflated. Why would you trade a 1st round pick corner back for a 3rd round pick back who has proved very litte during his career.

If I was Oakland and wanted a running back I would be on the phone with Buffalo and try to get Henry out of the cold. [/b][/quote]
    Gee Manny don&#39;t let Facts get in the way of a Jordan Bash&#33;&#33; :lol: Number
    1 Lamont was a number 2..Martin was a 3 though..Of course Curtis had
    368 carries as a Rookie..Jordan they won&#39;t give a shot to see what he can
    do..All you Martinettes are SO Fair.. :lol:

Proven defensive threat and former 1st rounder for a guy who outside of the AFC

East no one even knows.

Would give my kidney for it to happen but it definetly never will.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by savage69+Aug 14 2004, 09:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (savage69 @ Aug 14 2004, 09:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-YoungJetsFan[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 04:12 PM
    [b] It looked like The Jets were showcasing Jordan last night. They had him playing deep within the game against The Saints 3rd and 4th stringers.

[/b][/quote]
    What your trying to say is Jordan wouldn&#39;t show as well if he
    started..Lets be fair then and say all the good things that you
    say the Jet D did they didn&#39;t do against the Saints starting QB&#33;&#33; They
    went against a 3rd string QB J.T. O&#39;Sullivan..Be Fair and Balanced
    YJF&#33;&#33; :lol: [/b][/quote]

No, I know how good Lamont Jordan can be. The guy has all the tools neccesary to be a good feature back in The NFL. I am not trying to bash him by bringing up the 3rd stringers thing. It suprised me to see him in the game that late.

IMO Iif the jets were shocasing him, they would have had him play against the first string not the b/ups. That does not show another team anything.

You might as well try to get something for him as he cannot and will not be re-signed. To me it does not have to be a player for this year but just a high draft pick.