Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is There Still A Chance That Lamont Gets Traded?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    we need him for our goaline situations, he is a big part of our offense

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn54[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 09:58 AM
    [b] we need him for our goaline situations, he is a big part of our offense [/b][/quote]
    Have to agree. Unless we get someone that can step in today and upgrade this team. Let next season worry about itself. Play for this year with all the free agency it is difficult for any team to project beyond today.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LaMont always seems ready to play and that's always a plus for teams that are looking at him and also for the JETS too.

I really think that he'll help our team this year too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bocajetfan68+Aug 15 2004, 11:04 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Bocajetfan68 @ Aug 15 2004, 11:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ErIcBaRtOn54[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 09:58 AM
    [b] we need him for our goaline situations, he is a big part of our offense [/b][/quote]
    Have to agree. Unless we get someone that can step in today and upgrade this team. Let next season worry about itself. Play for this year with all the free agency it is difficult for any team to project beyond today. [/b][/quote]
    Well..We have Reese,Sowell,Askew and the kid Ward to bang it
    in&#33;&#33; I think Jordan can be special but more important is I want the
    Team to get Something for him instead of nothing after the season.. <_<

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by savage69+Aug 15 2004, 10:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (savage69 @ Aug 15 2004, 10:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Bocajetfan68@Aug 15 2004, 11:04 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-ErIcBaRtOn54[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 09:58 AM
    Have to agree. Unless we get someone that can step in today and upgrade this team. Let next season worry about itself. Play for this year with all the free agency it is difficult for any team to project beyond today. [/b][/quote]
    Team to get Something for him instead of nothing after the season.. <_< [/b][/quote]

good point. but ward, reese and askew have not proved they can run in the endzone at the 3 yard line, nor can they even survive in the nfl.

LaMont is a sure thing, you get a bruising back with great speed who has proven time and time that he can find the endzone at the goaline.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by savage69+Aug 15 2004, 10:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (savage69 @ Aug 15 2004, 10:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Bocajetfan68@Aug 15 2004, 11:04 AM
    Team to get Something for him instead of nothing after the season.. <_< [/b][/quote]
    Reese 1 exabition game, Sowell power but not as quick, Askew unproven and Ward anbodys guess. Jorden is proven to trade him for a draft pick or someone that dosn&#39;t upgrade a position and the team, is looking at the future and not the present. THE FUTURE IS NOW.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    i agree....

i&#39;d like to see us get something for Lamont.

and, from the little i&#39;ve seen of him, i think he&#39;ll be better as a featured back than he is as a short yardage guy. this isn&#39;t a knock on Lamont -- he&#39;s definitely shown flashes and i wouldn&#39;t bet against him becoming an excellent starting half back. but we were crap in the red zone last year -- why keep lamont around just for that.

Lamont is a nice insurance policy if Curtis falters or gets knicked up, but i agree with Savage -- I&#39;m not sure the coaches are ready to move beyond Curtis unless he&#39;s really hurt bad. so, i guess i&#39;d be in favor of gambling that he won&#39;t be, and getting something (something good, that is) for Lamont before he leaves.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny how often its mentioned that he played against 2nd, 3rd stringers. Only proves that he belongs with the first team, or why would it be an issue? He had a scrub o-line in front of him too, (and I do mean scrub), and still managed to look good, like "A man among boys" according to a radio anouncer.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we got Buchanon for Jordan we should fight it out with the PATS for the division. We have a clear need in the secondary and would give us a guy who can cover man on man with any WR out there. I would even through in a second rounder too seal the deal. Its my understanding the Bills are holding out for a 1st round pick for Travis since they don&#39;t have one next year plus they would be able too controll him for 5 years.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    buchanon is a good player, but I&#39;d rather have woodson :lol: