Thread: Tomorrows Practice

All Pro
    If the rain stops tomorrow by say 1PM, do you guys think they will practice outdoors? I was planning on going and will be very dissapointed if they go inside. They practice on turf so I'm thinking that as long as the rain stops they will stay outside? Thoughts?

All League
    Would have to say no. If their practice field is anything like their old one conditions will be poor from all the rain. Don't risk an injury on a sloppy field this soon.

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bocajetfan68[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 03:27 PM
    [b] Would have to say no. If their practice field is anything like their old one conditions will be poor from all the rain. Don't risk an injury on a sloppy field this soon. [/b][/quote]
    the practice field is now field turf, same as at the meadowlands. thats why i'm thinking there is a shot. anybody that regularly goes out there have any input??

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

My guess is if there's any doubt, they'd just as soon move it indoors. On the other hand, some coaches feel there's an advantage to practicing on a wet field. Call the fan hotline before heading out.

For the latest updated traing camp news and schedule adjustments, please call the NY Jets Fan line at 516-560-8288

All Pro
    i am hoping to make it there for Monday - lets hope the rain comes and goes fast

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JumbalayaJet[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 06:09 PM
    [b] My guess is if there's any doubt, they'd just as soon move it indoors. On the other hand, some coaches feel there's an advantage to practicing on a wet field. Call the fan hotline before heading out.

For the latest updated traing camp news and schedule adjustments, please call the NY Jets Fan line at 516-560-8288 [/b][/quote]
    yeah, i already called but its still the message for thursday. i'll call tomorrow morning. the new forecast says the rain will end by around 10 am so i'm feeling a little more confident. it will be windy but id think that would be a good thing - an opportunity to practice in windy conditions.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Why not when else are you gonna get a chance to have your punter and field goal kicker a chance to kick against 70 MPH WINDS....

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by joiseyjet[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 06:57 PM
    [b] Why not when else are you gonna get a chance to have your punter and field goal kicker a chance to kick against 70 MPH WINDS.... [/b][/quote]
    more like 6mph. at least thats what the weather channel is predicting for tomorrow at 3pm.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by djc+Aug 14 2004, 07:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (djc @ Aug 14 2004, 07:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-joiseyjet[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 06:57 PM
    [b] Why not when else are you gonna get a chance to have your punter and field goal kicker a chance to kick against 70 MPH WINDS.... [/b][/quote]
    more like 6mph. at least thats what the weather channel is predicting for tomorrow at 3pm. [/b][/quote]
    then they lowered their pridiction from this morning ,they had 2pm tommorrow at 60MPH

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by joiseyjet+Aug 14 2004, 08:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (joiseyjet @ Aug 14 2004, 08:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by djc@Aug 14 2004, 07:49 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-joiseyjet[/i]@Aug 14 2004, 06:57 PM
    more like 6mph. at least thats what the weather channel is predicting for tomorrow at 3pm. [/b][/quote]
    then they lowered their pridiction from this morning ,they had 2pm tommorrow at 60MPH [/b][/quote]
    its totally different now, the hurricane is on a different track or something. by 10 am its gone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

It should be open by 3:30 today guys. Weather here (in Bklyn) right now, 70 degrees and the sun is peaking out. Hope to see you there. ;)

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Limolady[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 08:39 AM
    [b] It should be open by 3:30 today guys. Weather here (in Bklyn) right now, 70 degrees and the sun is peaking out. Hope to see you there. ;) [/b][/quote]
    yes, it looks like it will be fine. isolated thunderstorms in the evening is the only threat per the weather channel.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[quote][i]Originally posted by djc+Aug 15 2004, 09:43 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (djc @ Aug 15 2004, 09:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Limolady[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 08:39 AM
    [b] It should be open by 3:30 today guys. Weather here (in Bklyn) right now, 70 degrees and the sun is peaking out. Hope to see you there. ;) [/b][/quote]
    yes, it looks like it will be fine. isolated thunderstorms in the evening is the only threat per the weather channel. [/b][/quote]
    So are you going this afternoon, and at the risk of sounding ris&#39;que, what will you be wearing? :P :huh:

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Limolady+Aug 15 2004, 09:00 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Limolady @ Aug 15 2004, 09:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by djc@Aug 15 2004, 09:43 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Limolady[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 08:39 AM
    yes, it looks like it will be fine. isolated thunderstorms in the evening is the only threat per the weather channel. [/b][/quote]
    So are you going this afternoon, and at the risk of sounding ris&#39;que, what will you be wearing? :P :huh: [/b][/quote]
    yes, I&#39;ll be there. actually bringing mom and dad (I&#39;m 27, so don&#39;t look for a kid with his parents). I&#39;ll have a jets visor on, t shirt and probably tan cargo pants. I&#39;ll most likely be holding a brand new vilma jersey as I really don&#39;t think I will be able to resist buying one&#33;