Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOW--- DOLPHINS 3 MORE MAJOR INJURIES

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Banks a 3rd string db and a guy they liked alot was carted off the field with a spinal injury......Alfonso Roundtree a CB they are very high on in camp and 2nd stringer was carted off weith either a fracture ankle or lower leg...Kendall Newsome starting WR after Boston retired popped his ach.. tendon is most likely out for the year....

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

i dont wish injuries on anyone and hope all 3 guys are well but wow does it keep getting worse for Miami...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I hate to see any Players hurt for any Team..Hope they all get better
    soon.. :(

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

IMAGINE IF all these injuries came after their final cuts ,they`d either have to play iorn man football or not play the game do to lack of players

All Pro
    That's a real shame for Roundtree - he played for the Claymores over in NFLE this year and had a great season on a great defense. I hope he - and the other injured guys - make speedy recoveries.

My heart goes out to Dolphins fans

They are having that proverbial pre season from hell ... as a Jets fan, been there done that

And knowing it so well ... being so intimately familar with the PSH {Pre Season from Hell} ... I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy, which by chance just happens to be the Dolphins

PS. I wish all injured players a speedy recovery

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Inspite of all these injuries they managed to win though ,even if it is a preseason game did any of our florida folks see this one, how were they on offense ? it`s not on THE NFLCHANEL till 11.pm tonight....

Who the hell is running the Dolphins strength and conditioning program, John Goodman?

Hall Of Fame
    Couldn't happen to a better team.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 01:17 PM
    [b] Couldn't happen to a better team. [/b][/quote]
    but if it has to happen (and I don`t wish this on any team) I can`t say something giving us a little bit of an edge totaly upsets me...

whatever is bad for them, is good for us. I don't wanna see injuries, but phin fans would be laughing their asses off if we had it this bad. just like last offseason.

[quote][i]Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn54[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 02:28 PM
    [b] whatever is bad for them, is good for us. I don't wanna see injuries, but phin fans would be laughing their asses off if we had it this bad. just like last offseason. [/b][/quote]
    And maybe that's why they have been hit so hard this off season?

Do we really want to inherit that mantle? <_<

I wish everyone would resist the urge to gloat here ... I REALLY, REALLY DO

You people are killing me&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

[quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Aug 15 2004, 01:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Green Jets & Ham @ Aug 15 2004, 01:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ErIcBaRtOn54[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 02:28 PM
    [b] whatever is bad for them, is good for us. I don&#39;t wanna see injuries, but phin fans would be laughing their asses off if we had it this bad. just like last offseason. [/b][/quote]
    And maybe that&#39;s why they have been hit so hard this off season?

Do we really want to inherit that mantle? <_<

I wish everyone would resist the urge to gloat here ... I REALLY, REALLY DO

You people are killing me&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]

I think I came off in a bad way when I said that. I am not gloating, but now it is even

[quote][i]Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn54[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 02:50 PM
    [b] I think I came off in a bad way when I said that. I am not gloating, but now it is even [/b][/quote]
    EB, You&#39;re young so let this old-timer teach you a lesson

Once upon a time I would have been doing cartwheels over each Dolphins injury ... I wasn&#39;t always this generous ... but I learned this lesson the hard way

In this league you can go from contender to DECIMATED in a virtual eye-blink

I&#39;ve seen it before ... MANY TIMES ... MANY, MANY TIMES .... and often with my very own NY Jets

I remember 1986 like it was yesterday ... the 10-1 start to the season ... blowing teams out on a weekly basis ... a team that was loaded for bear ... offensively, defensively, and on special teams

I remember the back page of the NY Daily News after win #10 ... bold type ... "SUPER BOWL BOUND"

Yep, there was even a giant picture of the Lombardi Trophy as the Daily News proclaimed the Jets "SB Bound"

And who could blame them ... the team looked like an unstoppable juggernaut

But a funny thing happened on the way to win #10 ... started slow but soon picked up steam ... a key injury here, another key injury there, two more the following week, etc. etc.

WHO KNEW ... WHO KNEW&#33;&#33; ... Who knew that win #10 would be the last regular season win for the apparent juggernaut that was tearing through the league like a runaway locomotive?

Yes, I remember gloating about fallen foes ... fallen to injuries ... remember it well ... in fact, I was the heavyweight champ at gloating over fallen Dolphins {a team I have despised for 30+ years}

But I learned ... I learned the hard way ... and now, I&#39;d sooner drink arsenic than gloat over injuries

Trust me young Grasshopper :D ... WINNING is far more important than the instant gratification {and occasional chuckle} one gets from gloating ;)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

A with the first pick in the 2005 draft the dolfins pick...??????

murph with the first pick in the 2005 draft the dolphins take.................... ladies and gentlemen the dolphins have gone past the alloted time and have forfeited the number 1 pick.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by keylargojet[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 03:21 PM
    [b] murph with the first pick in the 2005 draft the dolphins take.................... ladies and gentlemen the dolphins have gone past the alloted time and have forfeited the number 1 pick. [/b][/quote]
    The guy who makes the final decision on who the dolphins pick tore his acl as he was turning in the card....1st round finishes without the Dolphins picking...

Banned
    did the Dolphins fans give us any sympathy when Vinny went out in 99 and Chad went out in 03? no.

All Pro
    [quote][b]did the Dolphins fans give us any sympathy when Vinny went out in 99 and Chad went out in 03? no[/b][/quote]

So now is our chance to show how much better than them we are. ;)

Sympathy, what should we do send them a card? Yeah it sucks guys are getting hurt, but this is Football. I wont wish injury on any player but I do not feel bad for the Miami Dolphins in anway.

Those are the breaks, sucks for them.