Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WOW--- DOLPHINS 3 MORE MAJOR INJURIES

What a bunch of egomaniacs! Do you REALLY think anything we do here, on some internet message board, will cause some Great Cosmic Karma shift, instantly casuing Chad to fall over like a rag-doll and break both arms and both Legs????

Yes, injuries suck for the people who have them, and I feel bad for the people who suffer them, I really do..............

But as a Jets fan, the worse the Phins get (for ANY reason) the happier and giddier I am. I will continue to celebrate to the best of my abillity, anything that hurts the Phins. Injuries are a part of the game, and being happy (giddy even) that for once it's the OTHER guy suffering them in odd chunks does NOT make me a bad person.

All Pro
    Amazing to think any Dolphin fan still thinks they have a chance to compete this year.

Yeah this is just great ... let's all celebrate the Dolphins injuries ... wonderful idea

This is why the Jets never have any luck ... cause were a bunch of clowns who don't know how to leave well enough alone

And no, this is not about some cosmic karma ... let's call a spade a spade ... I don't claim to be a religious scholer, but I have a hunch that "ALMIGHTY GOD" does not exactly look favorably upon those who celebrate another mans injury

I don't know, call it a hunch? :blink:

Now we have been incredibly fortunate thus far in the injury department ... INCREDIBLY FORTUNATE ... someone even had the wisdom to start a Group Prayer, and it was amazing to count the responses

All was going well ... ALL WAS GOING WELL ... so being the Jets fans that we are, let's rock the boat and start gloating about injured Dolphins

GREAT IDEA!!

Yep, it's not as if things were going well for us with injuries

Anyway, no sooner do some folks feel it's safe to mock Dolphins injuries that low and behold ... I see a thread titled "Ray Mickens injures his knee"

Yep, let's keep up the good work fellas ... maybe we can get Vilma killed while we're at it

Hey, to do otherwise ... we wouldn't be Jet fans

All League
    GJ & Ham
    You are right on with your comments on injury situations-I do not like any injuries to any team and especially to see one team get decimated.
    To think any team is not going to lose players to injuries is wishful thinking-and the Testeverde injury killing us the first game of that year and Chad last year before we even started really started killed us in both seasons.
    That does not change the fact I hate the Dolphins!

[quote][i]Originally posted by faba[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 06:52 PM
    [b] GJ & Ham
    You are right on with your comments on injury situations-I do not like any injuries to any team and especially to see one team get decimated.
    To think any team is not going to lose players to injuries is wishful thinking-and the Testeverde injury killing us the first game of that year and Chad last year before we even started really started killed us in both seasons.
    That does not change the fact I hate the Dolphins! [/b][/quote]
    I can't stand the Dolphins ... can't stand

I know injuries are a part of the game ... all to well

But here's the point .....

1. When your enemy is in the process of destroying himself ... just get out of his way

You don't need to celebrate his injuries ... just get out of his way

2. When everything is going well for your side ... be thankful to God and don't say anything to upset him

How simple is that?

But it's never that easy for Jet fans

If there was an award for being self-destructive, we should own sole possession

Say what you will, but that Ray Mickens thread {on the heels of this thread} makes me wanna kill somebody!! Angry

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Aug 15 2004, 07:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Green Jets & Ham @ Aug 15 2004, 07:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-faba[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 06:52 PM
    [b] GJ & Ham
    That does not change the fact I hate the Dolphins&#33; [/b][/quote]
    I can&#39;t stand the Dolphins ... can&#39;t stand

I know injuries are a part of the game ... all to well

But here&#39;s the point .....

1. When your enemy is in the process of destroying himself ... just get out of his way

You don&#39;t need to celebrate his injuries ... just get out of his way

2. When everything is going well for your side ... be thankful to God and don&#39;t say anything to upset him

How simple is that?

But it&#39;s never that easy for Jet fans

If there was an award for being self-destructive, we should own sole possession

Say what you will, but that Ray Mickens thread {on the heels of this thread} makes me wanna kill somebody&#33;&#33; Angry [/b][/quote]
    by no means am i celebrating injuries..i just read the miami herald this morning and i thought i would update u guys...bu i dont wish injuries on any team...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I think you are taking a gag post to heart. No it is not nice to gloat about the injuries but go back to last year and see what dw2 posted about chad going down... Its all in fun...

[quote][i]Originally posted by murphklecko73[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 07:06 PM
    [b] I think you are taking a gag post to heart. No it is not nice to gloat about the injuries but go back to last year and see what dw2 posted about chad going down... Its all in fun... [/b][/quote]
    Yes Murph, he did gloat about Penny ... incessantly ... and look what he&#39;s dealing with now?

Why on earth would we wanna follow his lead? :blink:

[quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 05:45 PM
    [b] Yeah this is just great ... let&#39;s all celebrate the Dolphins injuries ... wonderful idea

This is why the Jets never have any luck ... cause were a bunch of clowns who don&#39;t know how to leave well enough alone

And no, this is not about some cosmic karma ... let&#39;s call a spade a spade ... I don&#39;t claim to be a religious scholer, but I have a hunch that "ALMIGHTY GOD" does not exactly look favorably upon those who celebrate another mans injury

I don&#39;t know, call it a hunch? :blink:

Now we have been incredibly fortunate thus far in the injury department ... INCREDIBLY FORTUNATE ... someone even had the wisdom to start a Group Prayer, and it was amazing to count the responses

All was going well ... ALL WAS GOING WELL ... so being the Jets fans that we are, let&#39;s rock the boat and start gloating about injured Dolphins

GREAT IDEA&#33;&#33;

Yep, it&#39;s not as if things were going well for us with injuries

Anyway, no sooner do some folks feel it&#39;s safe to mock Dolphins injuries that low and behold ... I see a thread titled "Ray Mickens injures his knee"

Yep, let&#39;s keep up the good work fellas ... maybe we can get Vilma killed while we&#39;re at it

Hey, to do otherwise ... we wouldn&#39;t be Jet fans [/b][/quote]
    Paranoia, thy name is Green Jets & Ham. :lol: If religious (or otherwise) superstition makes you feel better, I am happy for you, seriously.

While I would love to think I have some kind of effect (even indirectly) on my beloved Jets, I seriously doubt some mystical GOD is listening to me thinking "Whoo Hoo, Dolphins going down&#33;" and gets offended by my arrogance and decides to smote the Jets (who didn&#39;t do anything wrong) rightiously for my transgression. That sure doesn&#39;t sound either loving or fair, two things I once heard GOD was supposed to be.

Sorry bro, I just don&#39;t buy it. I really would hope, given the state of this world, that any Almighty power would have better things to do than Smite me (indirectly, of course) for laughing at the Phins and enjoying their suffering........

But since I respect YOU (personally) so much for your Football knowledge and viewpoints here GJ&H, I will refrain from enjoying or discussing their misery any more than the bare minimum. Anything to help the cause, right&#33;:lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: I saw the Dolphins game and the offense was horrid...they really could not move the ball and the backups scored for them. The offensive line did not look good etc...it was the first pre season but the first team did not look good at all.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 09:11 PM
    [b] :ph34r: I saw the Dolphins game and the offense was horrid...they really could not move the ball and the backups scored for them. The offensive line did not look good etc...it was the first pre season but the first team did not look good at all. [/b][/quote]
    if they looked awful, lets just hope no more of them get injured before we play them :lol:

wanny would be too stupid to do any changes to it

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: In my years as a football fan I have never seen something like this happen to a team (nothing like this has happened to the Jets) when I say nothing like this happened to the Jets I meant that it&#39;s like a friggin domino effect with whats happening to the fish.

As a fan I want the players to recover and resume their careers.

As a Jets fan I DO NOT feel sorry for the Doplhins.

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    I thought we looked great&#33; Defense was great as usual, for the exception of Taylor&#39;s run. Mare was. well, Mare. Fiedler and Feeley looked great.
    I am concerned with our running game though. Minor CANNOT break out of a tackle. If you blow on him he drops. It&#39;s just terrible. On the bright side Sammy Morris looked pretty good and will probably get the start. Our O line wasn&#39;t too hot either. Again, I was very impressed with our QB&#39;s. They were GREAT and I think opur O will be just fine this season despite our poor running. We looked great&#33;
    It was s nice to see LIVE dolphins football, just the same for you seeing LIVE Jets football.

dw2, you just lost all credibility here if you think your qbs looked great. tell about that great throw feely lobbed over the middle for an int.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2[/i]@Aug 16 2004, 10:23 AM
    [b] I thought we looked great&#33; Defense was great as usual, for the exception of Taylor&#39;s run. Mare was. well, Mare. Fiedler and Feeley looked great.
    I am concerned with our running game though. Minor CANNOT break out of a tackle. If you blow on him he drops. It&#39;s just terrible. On the bright side Sammy Morris looked pretty good and will probably get the start. Our O line wasn&#39;t too hot either. Again, I was very impressed with our QB&#39;s. They were GREAT and I think opur O will be just fine this season despite our poor running. We looked great&#33;
    It was s nice to see LIVE dolphins football, just the same for you seeing LIVE Jets football. [/b][/quote]
    Fred Russel looked good also...he had a nice 88 yard run

Hall Of Fame
    Bottom line is that we should want to beat the best team each opponent can field. I hate injuries regardless of the team. I despise the excuses that come with injuries. It is part of the game.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Mickey Shuler[/i]@Aug 16 2004, 10:35 AM
    [b] Bottom line is that we should want to beat the best team each opponent can field. I hate injuries regardless of the team. I despise the excuses that come with injuries. It is part of the game. [/b][/quote]
    me 2.....id rather face the dolphins fully loaded so there are no excuses....but i dont ahve pitty&#33;&#33;&#33;

Jets Insider VIP
    On a personal level, if I am competing against someone, I prefer to beat them when they are at their best. That tells me I was well prepared and up to the callange.

The same holds true for team sports. Beating a Dolphin team that is not decimated by injuries should be a better measuring stick for the quality of our football team than beating a team with injuries at so many positions (assuming we beat them).

Don&#39;t rejoice over a players injuries and the negative impact of that injury to their team. Rejoice over the significant improvement the Jets have created at so may positions this season. Let them bring on their best, and still beat the hellout of them&#33;

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    You clowns are talking like you already beat us&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Someone was right, Feeley did not look great. I thought Fiedler did though.

[quote][i]Originally posted by TexJet[/i]@Aug 16 2004, 10:47 AM
    [b] Don&#39;t rejoice over a players injuries and the negative impact of that injury to their team.

Rejoice over the significant improvement the Jets have created at so may positions this season. [/b][/quote]
    Well said ... and the added bonus is that it doesn&#39;t tempt fate :unsure:

Hey, some fans believe their little Jets pillow brings the team luck .. or some dirty old jersey .. or their lucky mug .. etc

I&#39;m one who constantly holds his breath on injuries ... asks the man upstairs for a little help ... tries to say nothing that will upset the big fella in this regard ... then leaves well enough alone

I&#39;m always content if we can go into battle with a healthy team ... that&#39;s my #1 priority

I have such a phobia with injuries that I literally scan the field after every play just to see if I can spot even the slightest limp

On more than one occasion I have alerted the board to a banged up player during a game ... one missed by the camera and the announcers ... I can assure you, it&#39;s no accident that I noticed what others may have missed