Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: College Football

Notre Dame

a majority of college football fans from the NYC area are bandwagon whores

All League
    University of Connecticut B)

Hall Of Fame
    Florida A&M Rattlers. They have a cool logo, cool name and cool uniforms.

They are Div 1AA and they play Virginia Tech, Oct 16.

Should be a good game. :D

I don't have a favorite college team ... I try to watch it more like a scout

Every time I watch a college football game, I'm lookin for guys who can play in the NFL

Now that's my first priority, but I rely on my eyes ... I mean, I don't sit there with a stop-watch and a pen & pad ... I enjoy the game as much as the next guy

As for teams ... I just prefer to watch dominant teams DOMINATE

Last year I enjoyed the heck out of Oklahoma, LSU, and USC ... and I've always loved watching the Canes

In fact, if I had to pick one team it would be the Canes ... only cause they have been the most consistantly dominant over the past 20 years ... I've been enjoying them since the Jim Kelly era

My favorite Canes player was Micheal Irvin ... I was sky high on him as a prospect ... I distinctly remember calling my friend Phil {Cowboys fan} on draft day and telling him that his Cowboys just selected a mortal lock

There were so many other Canes I have loved ... way too many to list ... I'd be typing all day

That school has been an absolute factory for the NFL ... maybe that's why I lean towards the Canes

Oklahoma Sooners. Was I happy when the Jets drafted Derrick Strait, their first Sooner in over twenty years. The last was JC Watts who refused to convert to a DB and went to Canada to play in the CFL. I maried into the Sooner tradition. My wife's grandparents were original Sooner Boosters in the 1950's. I go back to Oklahoma once or twice a year and try to get to game when I am there. Sooners have a bright future for the next several years as among their recruits this year was the top rated HS QB and the top rated RB and overall high school prospect, Adrian Peterson. They also recruited the highest rated JUCO player, a DB.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

N D and Penn State

All Pro
    Good ol' Rocky Top... whooo!!! Rocky Top [b]Tennessee[/b]

My mom is a UT alum, been there several times and seen a few games... awesome experience.

Also root for the 'Cuse, mostly because I'm stuck up there on football Saturdays, so hopefully they'll go to a bowl once in my four years there.

All Pro
    UCONN!!! Living in CT with no pro teams will do that to ya. But, Dan Orlovsky (the QB) will be good im sure, and right now he looks more competent than Bollinger...I'd love the jets to give him a shot just so I could root for the local boy!!!

Also, my own school! Wesleyan University Cardinals!!! Division 3 baby!!! Thats what Im talkin about!!! B)

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 01:35 PM
    [b] ... and I've always loved watching the Canes
    [/b][/quote]
    Who doesn't....... ;)

[color=green][b]THE [/b][/color][color=orange][b]MIAMI[/b][/color] [color=green][b]HURRICANES[/b][/color].............

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

CANES BABY!!!!!

All League
    When I was a kid my favorite team was the Gators.
    But I hate Ron Zook, so I dont follow them anymore.

I watch alot of Miami games, they were my #2 in the past. Probably my favorite now.

Wolverines, Hurricanes

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by rajensen088[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 11:55 AM
    [b] Oklahoma Sooners. Was I happy when the Jets drafted Derrick Strait, their first Sooner in over twenty years. The last was JC Watts who refused to convert to a DB and went to Canada to play in the CFL. I maried into the Sooner tradition. My wife's grandparents were original Sooner Boosters in the 1950's. I go back to Oklahoma once or twice a year and try to get to game when I am there. Sooners have a bright future for the next several years as among their recruits this year was the top rated HS QB and the top rated RB and overall high school prospect, Adrian Peterson. They also recruited the highest rated JUCO player, a DB. [/b][/quote]
    OU Sucks ;)

All League
    Patsfantx I see you could not resist taking a shot at The Jets in this thread I started.
    Now do you actually have a favorite team in Texas in college that you follow? I am asking at of my own curiousity who people root for on Sat-can not even say that anymore with Thurs games and games during the week . Great for football and sport fanatics like me.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by faba[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 05:38 PM
    [b] Patsfantx I see you could not resist taking a shot at The Jets in this thread I started.
    Now do you actually have a favorite team in Texas in college that you follow? I am asking at of my own curiousity who people root for on Sat-can not even say that anymore with Thurs games and games during the week . Great for football and sport fanatics like me. [/b][/quote]

Sorry faba, I grew up in Pennsylvania and I'm still very loyal to the Nittney Lions.

However, it is time for JoePA to pass the reigns.

Can't stand all the U of Texas crap down here. They are more delusional than Jet fans.

Until they can beat Oklahoma, they need to keep their pie traps shut.

All League
    Thanks Patsfantx
    Joe Paterno is one of the class guy in college sports-he does not deserve the abuse he is been getting and probably will continue to get this year.
    Unfortunately it is all about winning in big time athletics and Penn St is not winning bottom line.
    The reports I have been reading about this coming year-it is typical Michigan Ohio St. and Iowa as top three in Big 10.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by faba[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 06:01 PM
    [b] Thanks Patsfantx
    Joe Paterno is one of the class guy in college sports-he does not deserve the abuse he is been getting and probably will continue to get this year.
    Unfortunately it is all about winning in big time athletics and Penn St is not winning bottom line.
    The reports I have been reading about this coming year-it is typical Michigan Ohio St. and Iowa as top three in Big 10. [/b][/quote]

Well said faba.

Paterno is a legend.

But there is a time when every coach has to step aside.

It's Jo Pa's turn now.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Aug 15 2004, 07:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Aug 15 2004, 07:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-faba[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 06:01 PM
    [b] Thanks Patsfantx
    The reports I have been reading about this coming year-it is typical Michigan Ohio St. and Iowa as top three in Big 10. [/b][/quote]

Well said faba.

Paterno is a legend.

But there is a time when every coach has to step aside.

It&#39;s Jo Pa&#39;s turn now. [/b][/quote]
    See TX? I knew you could respond without insults to Jets..........see how easy that was.........let&#39;s see if you can keep up the good work......or do you have to be called on the carpet all the time to do it?