View Poll Results: Who'll be the first poster to start a fire Herm thread in '04?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tom Shane

11 32.35%
  • Jetman67

2 5.88%
  • Green Jets and Ham

9 26.47%
  • pope

0 0%
  • Savage69

0 0%
  • dickkotite

7 20.59%
  • Jet Moses

0 0%
  • Piper

0 0%
  • Some crackhead Pats fan

1 2.94%
  • Other (post name)

4 11.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who will be the first to start

Forgive me if I left your name off the list.

Although this is a difficult choice, I think I gotta go with Shaney boy.

Side note: I tried putting BTJF on here but the poll was too big apparantly so I had to erase his name.

there won't be any need to have a "fire herm" thread, cause the jets will make the playoffs

[quote][i]Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn54[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 12:37 PM
    [b] there won't be any need to have a "fire herm" thread, cause the jets will make the playoffs [/b][/quote]
    Oh it doesn't matter, after the first loss there will be a fire Herm thread.

Let's put it this way ... I'm hoping there is no cause for a "fire herm thread" this year

The league has done it's part ... gave the Jets a very favorable schedule ... especially the first five weeks ... so if this team does what it's supposed to do {i.e. gets off to a fast start}, I can see no need for a "fire herm thread" in 2004 cause that fast start willl likely keep the Jets in the hunt ALL YEAR

But I will say this .. if this team gets off to a slow start ... WITH THIS SCHEDULE .. if we take this opportunity and flush it ... things could get mighty ugly around here

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 12:47 PM
    [b]
    Let's put it this way ... I'm hoping there is no cause for a "fire herm thread" this year

[/b][/quote]

It will be Ham after the Jets start out 0-2 heading into the bye week. ;)

[quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 12:47 PM
    [b] But I will say this .. if this team gets off to a slow start ... WITH THIS SCHEDULE .. if we take this opportunity and flush it ... things could get mighty ugly around here [/b][/quote]
    Agreed. If we get off to a slow start, hell it might be me to start a fire Herm thread.

I hope ya know this thread is only in jest. B)

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

DAVE WANSTADT & GREG WILLIAMS after we start off the season 5-0....

Hall Of Fame
    I'm still trying to find my thread from last year in which I stated that everyone within the Jets organization from the parking attendants, to the janitors all the way up to the owner should be fired so the organization could be sterlizied.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

As soon as The Jets lose a game. The Herm Firing Threads will start. The crazy Jets fan has us going 5-0 to start the season. Come on guys, Games are not won on paper and 2003 has nothing to do with this season.

People wanted him gone in his first year. Two straight playoff seasons, an afc east crown and a 41-0 playoff win over Peyton Manning and The Colts and when The Jets lost to Oakland the next week. The crazy Jet fans called for his head and the conversations went quickly to "If we had The Tuna, We woulda won the damn bowl".

Make no mistake about it and it's already been said before, This is a crucial season for The Jets for everyone in the front offfice and coaching staff. Is the arrow going to go up? Will it stay on the same level as last year or will this franchise take another step backward.

I like the job that Edwards has done here so far. I think he's a good coach and leader, The question is can he take the next step as a head coach. If he doesn't, Then it may be time to think about going in a different direction.

There are so many things that can happen and there are so many different variables. I'll reserve judgment until after the season.

Keep this in mind, It's the preseason and with the exception of a few teams, Every fan has high expectations right now for this season. With the exception of The Browns, 49ers, Cardinals and Chargers fans, Every fan thinks that their team will be better in 2004. You can go by every division in The NFL and they all feel the same way.

The Bills fans think that they will be better than 6 and 10 and that could be a sleeper team that wins 10 or 11 games. (It's possible)

Jets fans think they should be a playoff team if they stay healthy.

Steeler Fans think they will bounce back and be better this season. They believe that they have a shot to win their division. (They very well could)

Bengals fans are optimistic and believe that in year two, Marvin Lewis will take The Bengals to the playoffs. They won 8 games last year.

Texans fans think they are on the rise and that they will win more than 6 games and maybe contend for a playoff spot.

Jaguars fans think that they are going to be in the mix for a playoff spot. They are the trendy pick right now by alot of critics. They could jump from 5 wins to 9 or 10.

The Colts and Titans fans are still thinking playoffs and superbowl.

The Chiefs fans are in the same boat.

The Broncos think they will be back in the playoffs again this year. The Raider fans think that they will be better than 4 wins and that they could shock some teams this year and jump back into the playoff mix.

The Giants and Redskins fans expect to be better this year. The Eagles and Cowboys are thinking playoffs and superbowl.

The Vikings and Packers see themselves in the playoffs as contenders.

Both The Lions and Bears fans expect to be better this year than they were in 2003. On paper, They look improved.

The Bucs think they will bounce back from 7-9 and contend this year. The Saints fans are hoping that they can finally make a run and put it all together. The Panthers feel that they should be back in the mix for the superbowl.

The Falcons feel that they will surely be better in 2004 with Vick back and that they could suprise the league this year.

The Seahawks are thinking big things, division, playoffs and maybe a superbowl run.

The Rams fans are thinking playoffs again.

You guys get my point. I went to an extreme to prove it. Everyone isn't going to be better. The Math doesn't allow it. Not everybody can win 9 games, It's mathematically impossible. Yet two-thirds of the league thinks that they will win that many games.

I know that The Jets are better on paper and the schedule doesn't look very hard atleast on paper but there are still question marks with this team and they are coming off a 6 win season.

[quote][i]Originally posted by YoungJetsFan[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 02:23 PM
    [b] As soon as The Jets lose a game. The Herm Firing Threads will start. The crazy Jets fan has us going 5-0 to start the season. [/b][/quote]
    Well then call me sane, cause I'm willing to settle for 4-1

Let me spell it out .....

4-1 and Herm is as safe as the Mona Lisa

3-2 and I will not be calling for his head, but I will not be happy .. and the lynch-mob will be at the ready {Just in case}

2-3 and you might as well declare GJ&H the winner of this poll right now

Hall Of Fame
    2-3 I pull this post from last year out of the woodworks.

[i]QUOTE (The Gun Of Bavaria @ Nov 9 2003, 05:04 PM)
    HOW MANY TIMES HAVE WE BEEN BURNED BY THE SLOT RECEIVER RUNNING THE CROSSING PATTERN UNDERNEATH THE SECONDARY?

i MEAN SERIOUSLY.....HOW MANY TIMES? I've lost count.

COTTRELL IS WORTHLESS. FIRE HIS FAT ASS

Our LBs are pathetic. FIRE THEIR ASSES

Fire them all. Clean house. Woody needs a complete overhaul of this entire organization.

Scouts, coaches, general managers, players, janitors, secretaries, maintenance personnel, parking lot attendants, scoreboard operators, doctors, trainers, security, ticket booth operators. FIRE THEM ALL. Rid this organization of the ineptness and incompetence that has surrounded them since 1968. [/i]

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 01:54 PM
    [b]

2-3 and you might as well declare GJ&H the winner of this poll right now [/b][/quote]

Come on Ham, you know as well as anyone the season is not a sprint but a marathon.

2-3 is no reason to panic.

You just want to come out of the 1st quarter of the season "in contention" and not in a big hole like a 1-4 start would be.

Many Jet fans (including yourslf) are looking at the "soft" part of the schedule over the first 5 games. Trust me, you are setting yourself up for a huge disappointment by employing that philosophy.

BTW, don't the Jets have a pretty good track record of losing to teams they are suppose to beat? ;)

[quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Aug 15 2004, 03:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Aug 15 2004, 03:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 01:54 PM
    [b]

2-3 and you might as well declare GJ&H the winner of this poll right now [/b][/quote]

Come on Ham, you know as well as anyone the season is not a sprint but a marathon.

2-3 is no reason to panic.

You just want to come out of the 1st quarter of the season "in contention" and not in a big hole like a 1-4 start would be.

Many Jet fans (including yourslf) are looking at the "soft" part of the schedule over the first 5 games. Trust me, you are setting yourself up for a huge disappointment by employing that philosophy.

BTW, don&#39;t the Jets have a pretty good track record of losing to teams they are suppose to beat? ;) [/b][/quote]
    First of all, I totally disagree with the "spint and not a marathon" slogan as it pertains to the NFL

In baseball, where they play 162 ... YES

In hockey and basketball, where they play 80+ ... YES

But in the National Football League they play only 16 Games ... 16 ... and every last one is important

There is no such thing as a throw-away game in the NFL ... doesn&#39;t exist .... every win {or loss} can spell the difference

This league is the antithsis of a marathon ... in fact, it is the ultimate sprint

Yes, there are examples we can site of slow starts followed by glory ... but those are the exception to the rule

In this league you are playing with fire when you start slowly ... in this league, far more often than not, a slow start will spell ones doom

Lastly, when you have a favorable {I won&#39;t use the word, cake} schedule in this league ... a favorable five week span ... failing to take advantage is tantamount to football suicide

So I stand by my declaration wholeheartedly ... 4-1 to start the season ... nothing else will suffice

BTW, I believe this explains the NFL&#39;s popularity more than anything else

The very nature of the 16 Game sprint

This is what most seperates the NFL from every other major sport

In the NFL, every game carries playoff implications ... they are almost mini-playoff games onto themselves ... in no other sport does each regular season game carry such importance

Jets Insider VIP
    I rarely if ever come out here anymore becuase of a host of reasons but I truly agree with YoungJetsFan. This is a crucial year for Edwards. He must get us into the playoffs this year or he has not made the team dramatically better. This team is now truly on his watch&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; A HC must be more than a caretaker, he, must inspire and lead the men in charge beyond the self-imposed limitations that they place upon themselves and he must WIN football games. All the other considerations are secondary.

Trust me if Herm is not sucessful we will ot have to call for his scalp, he will fire himself.

All League
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jetlag[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 12:36 PM
    [b] Side note: I tried putting BTJF on here but the poll was too big apparantly so I had to erase his name. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m hurt, Lag. I should at LEAST be ahead of the crackheads on your list. ;)

I, too, hope there&#39;s no need for such a thread. But, after a history of slow starts, and mindful of the fact that we&#39;ve won less regular-season games each year since he got here, I&#39;m not going to give him the free pass that the Hermaphrodites do.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 03:42 PM
    [b] I&#39;m hurt, Lag. I should at LEAST be ahead of the crackheads on your list. ;)
    [/b][/quote]
    :lol:

Bitter
    Be real here Lag, why should the Patriots fans be on this list? I would slap any Patriot fan silly if he said Herm should be fired. I like him just fine....in New York. :lol:

[quote][i]Originally posted by huskeralk[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 04:12 PM
    [b] Be real here Lag, why should the Patriots fans be on this list? I would slap any Patriot fan silly if he said Herm should be fired. I like him just fine....in New York. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Yes this is why it says "crackhead" before Pats fan.

I went with GJ&H due to the Drama Queen factor.

Although, I can almost guarantee there will be at least three of those threads going by the 4th quarter of the Bengals game........