Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mickens Injures Knee..Bollinger out for a week.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would caution anyone dismissing Mickens injury as minor since he walked off under his own power (without assistance). Immediately after a torn ACL, before the swelling sets in, people can walk with pain...been there, done that. Maybe it's good news, but not necessarily.

I too, would love to see Dominguez make the team...he showed a lot of promise (and size) last game against the 'Aints. But, unless the Jets keep 6 WR's...it ain't going to happen.

There is however the situation involving Wayne Chrebet yet to be resolved...I think the Jets are going to be very careful with Wayne. His next concussion will in all likelihood spell the end of his NFL career. I have little doubt that the guys like Dominguez are going to get serious consideration for the roster spot in the case that Wayne does not make it out of TC, or to be on the PS for quick promotion to the roster in the case that Wayne gets his bell rung.

I am also glad that the PS #'s got increased for this year, since we have a lot of guys that have great potential to be contributers...like Weaver and McClover, Dominguez, Flowers.

The only trick will be getting them past waivers to get them on the PS.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r: we'll know the status of Mickens knee tommorrow......one note of thought was that he left the field on his own and it's said to be hyperextended which bodes well for the Jets.....he might miss a week or two if it's just hyperextended.

I hope people realize how fortunate the Jets are as a team at this point!!!

The dolphins got killed with injuries again last night.......the Eagles were hit hard on friday.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r: as for the QB situation......it was the first pre season game...lets see Ray on saturday.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Greenwave81[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 10:29 PM
    [b] I would caution anyone dismissing Mickens injury as minor since he walked off under his own power (without assistance). Immediately after a torn ACL, before the swelling sets in, people can walk with pain...been there, done that. Maybe it's good news, but not necessarily. [/b][/quote]
    Exactly

I was at the game when Lance Mehl tore is ACL ... he walked off the field with a slight limp ... you'd have never guessed