Thread: Great Quote from Henderson!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I am not interested in sacks. I am really interested in getting to the quarterback and hitting him because that wears him out during the game. Seventy plays, 60 plays if you are hitting the quarterback, you have a chance. Sacks are individual goals. Hitting the quarterback is a team goal."

This guy understands what being a team is about. Under Henderson the Jet will be a fine defense and will only get better in the upcoming seasons.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    and if you hit the quarterback when he has the ball he may fall down....that would be a sack... ;)

works for me... :lol:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by GangGreen63[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 10:11 PM
    [b] "I am not interested in sacks. I am really interested in getting to the quarterback and hitting him because that wears him out during the game. Seventy plays, 60 plays – if you are hitting the quarterback, you have a chance. Sacks are individual goals. Hitting the quarterback is a team goal."

This guy understands what being a team is about. Under Henderson the Jet will be a fine defense and will only get better in the upcoming seasons. [/b][/quote]
    Hitting him when? After he releases the ball...hello? Can you say penalty?! I can remember hitting Dan Marino plenty of times (before the quick flag rule came to be)...it sure didn't wear him down.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Hermanator+Aug 15 2004, 10:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Hermanator @ Aug 15 2004, 10:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GangGreen63[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 10:11 PM
    [b] "I am not interested in sacks. I am really interested in getting to the quarterback and hitting him because that wears him out during the game. Seventy plays, 60 plays if you are hitting the quarterback, you have a chance. Sacks are individual goals. Hitting the quarterback is a team goal."

This guy understands what being a team is about. Under Henderson the Jet will be a fine defense and will only get better in the upcoming seasons. [/b][/quote]
    Hitting him when? After he releases the ball...hello? Can you say penalty?&#33; I can remember hitting Dan Marino plenty of times (before the quick flag rule came to be)...it sure didn&#39;t wear him down. [/b][/quote]
    my thoughts exactly.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Hermanator+Aug 15 2004, 11:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Hermanator @ Aug 15 2004, 11:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GangGreen63[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 10:11 PM
    [b] "I am not interested in sacks. I am really interested in getting to the quarterback and hitting him because that wears him out during the game. Seventy plays, 60 plays if you are hitting the quarterback, you have a chance. Sacks are individual goals. Hitting the quarterback is a team goal."

Hitting him when? After he releases the ball...hello? Can you say penalty?&#33; I can remember hitting Dan Marino plenty of times (before the quick flag rule came to be)...it sure didn&#39;t wear him down. [/b][/quote]
    Who are you if YOU remember hitting marino????

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are nitpicking now....you get ganggreen&#39;s point, dont you?

If you wanted to find the opposing QB last year, all you had to do was look for the cleanest uniform on the field.

Hit the motherf-er, hit him hard, hit him often and you&#39;re in decent shape.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by spjets+Aug 16 2004, 07:23 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (spjets @ Aug 16 2004, 07:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Hermanator@Aug 15 2004, 11:00 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-GangGreen63[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 10:11 PM
    [b] "I am not interested in sacks. I am really interested in getting to the quarterback and hitting him because that wears him out during the game. Seventy plays, 60 plays – if you are hitting the quarterback, you have a chance. Sacks are individual goals. Hitting the quarterback is a team goal."

Who are you if YOU remember hitting marino???? [/b][/quote]
    Joe Klecko

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Hermanator+Aug 16 2004, 07:45 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Hermanator @ Aug 16 2004, 07:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by spjets@Aug 16 2004, 07:23 AM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by Hermanator@Aug 15 2004, 11:00 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-GangGreen63[/i]@Aug 15 2004, 10:11 PM

Who are you if YOU remember hitting marino???? [/b][/quote]
    Joe Klecko [/b][/quote]
    <_<

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by spjets[/i]@Aug 16 2004, 07:23 AM
    [b] Who are you if YOU remember hitting ON marino???? [/b][/quote]
    Lt. Lois Einhorn, Miami Police Department (aka, Ray "The Mule" Finkle).