Thread: Hope Mickens is ok

If there is a guy that we know wll, is pretty much the same every year, its Ray Mickens. IF he is out a week , it will allow De3rrick DStrait to practice as the nickel and work a lot w/ the first team. his wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hopefully, it's just a week. For all the grief Mickens gets, we need him healthy when the season starts. Let's hope the MRI does not show any damage to his knee.

but what if mickens is out for the season? then at best, we have 2 experienced cornerbacks, assuming neither miss a game.

any way you slice it, strait will get plenty of playing time this year.

odds are the jets take a cb in round 1 next year, regardless of whether they have to trade up to get a good one or not. they have zero depth there and their best cb isn't close to being an allstar.

[quote][i]Originally posted by augustiniak[/i]@Aug 16 2004, 08:46 AM
    [b] but what if mickens is out for the season? then at best, we have 2 experienced cornerbacks, assuming neither miss a game.

any way you slice it, strait will get plenty of playing time this year.

odds are the jets take a cb in round 1 next year, regardless of whether they have to trade up to get a good one or not. they have zero depth there and their best cb isn't close to being an allstar. [/b][/quote]
    UIf Mickens misses extensive period, that is a different story. That would be very bad, as a matter of fact. I just think having him at for a week for so (hopefully only for percautionary reasons) would be good for Derrick Strait. He seems to be making progress and some reps as the full time nickel would be good.

well, strait will probably be the nickel back this week at the least. we better blitz well this year.