Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patsies related

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I read Corey Dillon, that hard working recent addition to the Patsies, took himself out of the game the other night because he was winded and tired.

LMAO :lol: :lol: ....this guy is going to mess up that team, should be great :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He stated that he was so nervous - being the first game with a new team, that his andrenelin was crazy - this after a nice 13 yard gain. Corey Dillon will...wait....IS a good addition to this Patriots team. Although pre-seaon means bunk, that first unit looked like a well-oiled machine. The only pause I have is that Rohan Davey SUCKS.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The fact that you were able to read something puts you in the upper 5% of all Jets fans, but the even more telling thing is you did not give link which just lends to your credibility even more.

Jets Fans say they do not care about the Patriots yet they always go looking at Patriots articles.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    he is a good addition as along as he doesn't poison your team...Davey? We've got our own problems at backup QB :rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only flipped to the game a few times. Great thing about being in Central Jersey I get the Eagles station. I did notice him looking for a breather after a couple of and read this IMPRESSIVE runs. Be VERY concerned if he is the the Dillon of old. He gives Brady something he has never had, a legitimate running threat.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Garbanza[/i]@Aug 16 2004, 09:23 AM
    [b] He stated that he was so nervous - being the first game with a new team, that his andrenelin was crazy - this after a nice 13 yard gain. Corey Dillon will...wait....IS a good addition to this Patriots team. Although pre-seaon means bunk, that first unit looked like a well-oiled machine. The only pause I have is that Rohan Davey SUCKS. [/b][/quote]
    This happens more than people think.
    I can remeber one game when I think E. Smith of the CowBoys BLEW
    Gatorade all over the bench because he was so jacked up.
    Of course they had to show the reply a dozen times..yuck. :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tom Brady and the lineman went out of there way to praise him. The high-fives and back slaps after a good run were genuine. You could see the emotion on Corey Dillon's face - the fact that he wasn't in Cincy anymore and playing in front of a full, loud house, in the rain. This could be just good, bull PR - but Dillon said he found the Pats fans in attendance to be tremendous.

That said, Rohan Davey makes Drew Bledsoe look like he is in the top three in quick decision, quick release QB's. The only upside that Rohan has is that he can run. The BIG problem Rohan has is is huge arm. The man can probably throw 70 yards downfield on his knees, but he can't throw a four yard out to save his life. Seeing how our offense is BIG on the short pass, this would be a terrible problem.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PFSIKH[/i]@Aug 16 2004, 10:26 AM
    [b] The fact that you were able to read something puts you in the upper 5% of all Jets fans, but the even more telling thing is you did not give link which just lends to your credibility even more.

Jets Fans say they do not care about the Patriots yet they always go looking at Patriots articles. [/b][/quote]
    I don't make stuff up ....

Corey Dillon - RB - Patriots Buy Patriots Tickets

Corey Dillon took himself out of this weekend's exhibition game because he was winded.
    Interesting. Dillon said he was merely pacing himself during the preseason, but there have been whispers that Dillon doesn't practice as hard as New England would like. Aug. 15 - 1:08 pm et
    Source: Boston Herald

...now don't you have a cow to milk or something

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't tell me - a Michael Felger (Boston Herald) little tid-bit, right? Corey Dillon will be fine. In my book, he passed the condioning run on his first pass - something that Antowain Smith never did during his tenure with the Pats.

Something that Boston and NY have in common - the sports media. Unless they have something negative to write about - stroke the controvery fires, they 'aint happy.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Garbanza[/i]@Aug 16 2004, 10:47 AM
    [b] Don't tell me - a Michael Felger (Boston Herald) little tid-bit, right? Corey Dillon will be fine. In my book, he passed the condioning run on his first pass - something that Antowain Smith never did during his tenure with the Pats.

Something that Boston and NY have in common - the sports media. Unless they have something negative to write about - stroke the controvery fires, they 'aint happy. [/b][/quote]
    I don't know the author, came from this site..

[url=http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.asp?sport=NFL&lastline=32363]http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernew...&lastline=32363[/url]

btw, the Boston media is pretty tame compared to NY's B)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PFSIKH[/i]@Aug 16 2004, 09:26 AM
    [b] The fact that you were able to read something puts you in the upper 5% of all Jets fans [/b][/quote]
    Jets fans cant read

Pats fans are toothless drunken imbeciles

bla bla bla

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Garbanza[/i]@Aug 16 2004, 09:35 AM
    [b] Tom Brady and the lineman went out of there way to praise him. The high-fives and back slaps after a good run were genuine. [/b][/quote]
    And you know this how?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dillon was a big upgrade for the Patriots at RB ... end of story

PS. That is not a concession speech ... we'll just have to beat them anyway ... Dillon or no Dillon

Maxman
    [b] The fact that you were able to read something puts you in the upper 5% of all Jets fans [/b][/quote]
    LOL.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just to add a small touch of reality to this lame discussion. In today's paper, it came out that the reason Dillon came out after that play was he got dinged in the ribs. It had nothing to do with his conditioning. But why let the truth get in the way with a good story. ;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Aug 16 2004, 02:24 PM
    [b] Dillon was a big upgrade for the Patriots at RB ... end of story

PS. That is not a concession speech ... we'll just have to beat them anyway ... Dillon or no Dillon [/b][/quote]
    Sorry GJH, but it sounds like a concession speach :D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b] The fact that you were able to read something puts you in the upper 5% of all Jets fans, but the even more telling thing is you did not give link which just lends to your credibility even more.

Jets Fans say they do not care about the Patriots yet they always go looking at Patriots articles. [/b][/quote]
    [color=green][b]Gee, speaking as a JETS fan with a 135 IQ & a SAT score of 1460, I would understand that if in fact I was to post something bad about my opponents,

I WOULD DO SO ON MY BOARD & NOT ON THEIR'S!

Something to think about - Eh, Patsie-Boy?

Oh wait, I keep forgetting - Patriot Fans don't think, They just act out![/b][/color]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetswin[/i]@Aug 16 2004, 09:18 AM
    [b] that team, should be great :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Well you got it half right ;)

This from todays Globe:

[quote][b]As for why he left Friday's game after five carries, Dillon said it wasn't because he was fatigued but rather because he was hurt. "I got hit in the rib. It wasn't anything that has to do with conditioning," he said. "As you can see in practice, I run all day. That's not even a question. Just a little rib injury. It's fine now."[/b][/quote]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by NYSE+Aug 16 2004, 09:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (NYSE &#064; Aug 16 2004, 09:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Garbanza[/i]@Aug 16 2004, 09:35 AM
    [b] Tom Brady and the lineman went out of there way to praise him. The high-fives and back slaps after a good run were genuine. [/b][/quote]
    And you know this how? [/b][/quote]
    I watched the entire game (high fives and pats after a Dillon run - congrats on the sidelines) and saw/heard the interviews afterwards. That&#39;s what it looked like to me. I saw something and made a judgement call. Guess you never do that, right? I will ammend my statement to satisfy your need for being a pain in the a@@: It [i]appeared[/i] genuine. Happy now? :rolleyes:

The Boston Herald reports today (Felger) that Dillon suffered a hit to the ribs after that last run of 13 yards.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Garbanza+Aug 16 2004, 10:32 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Garbanza @ Aug 16 2004, 10:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by NYSE@Aug 16 2004, 09:07 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Garbanza[/i]@Aug 16 2004, 09:35 AM
    And you know this how? [/b][/quote]
    I watched the entire game (high fives and pats after a Dillon run - congrats on the sidelines) and saw/heard the interviews afterwards. That&#39;s what it looked like to me. I saw something and made a judgement call. Guess you never do that, right? I will ammend my statement to satisfy your need for being a pain in the a@@: It [i]appeared[/i] genuine. Happy now? :rolleyes:

The Boston Herald reports today (Felger) that Dillon suffered a hit to the ribs after that last run of 13 yards. [/b][/quote]
    It just like the Pats fans calling out statements like.....

Chads a good guy or Chad and McCarins have a good chemistry or the D-Line seems to be watching each others backs

Whats good for the goose.....