Thread: Jets first team defense vs the saints

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][b]*The Jets first-team defense* allowed just [b]25 yards and one first down [/b]vs. the Saints in 12 plays over three possessions[/b][/quote]

I know its just a preseason game, but I saw this blurb and had to post it, thats pretty impressive for what it is, as they face stiffer and more meaningfull competition it will likely not remain that low, however THAT is the kind of strat you want to see from your newly installed defense

Jets Insider VIP
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mean Bro Green[/i]@Aug 16 2004, 10:11 AM
    [b] [quote][b]*The Jets first-team defense* allowed just [b]25 yards and one first down [/b]vs. the Saints in 12 plays over three possessions[/b][/quote]

I know its just a preseason game, but I saw this blurb and had to post it, thats pretty impressive for what it is, as they face stiffer and more meaningfull competition it will likely not remain that low, however THAT is the kind of strat you want to see from your newly installed defense [/b][/quote]
    Yeah I liked that too but I just wish Aaron Brooks had been in there. Would have given us a better gauge as to where we are. ;)

totally agree. our lbs have now become our strenth. this new d and with chad as our maestro leading the offense i am so pumped for some real football.

The key to the d will be the front 7. If they play well and aggressive then we will definately be a playoff contender!

LL

It's nice to see a RB actually get hit around the line of scrimmage.

I sure hope the front 7 kicks ass, because the secondary scares the bejesus out of me.

Latin, that avatar cracks me up ... funniest Jets play ever :lol:

But you really have to look close to spot the humor

Take a look at CP's head-fake ... slightly shoots his head to the right

It's hilarious for two reasons

1. That head-fake looks like one you would see from some H.S. kid with zero moves ... looks like a white man on the dance floor :D

2. IT WORKED!! :o

PS. I can't even imagine how badly that DB's teammates goofed on him the next day in film session

It must have been brutal

[quote][i]Originally posted by Shadetree[/i]@Aug 16 2004, 10:56 AM
    [b] I sure hope the front 7 kicks ass, because the secondary scares the bejesus out of me. [/b][/quote]
    You and me both, the uncertainty in the back 4 (especilly Barrett) is whats keeping me "grounded". If I felt comfortable and knew what he could do I'd be doing cartwheels going in to the season but at this point I'm cautiously optomistic.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Aug 16 2004, 10:58 AM
    [b] Latin, that avatar cracks me up ... funniest Jets play ever :lol:

But you really have to look close to spot the humor

Take a look at CP's head-fake ... slightly shoots his head to the right

It's hilarious for two reasons

1. That head-fake looks like one you would see from some H.S. kid with zero moves ... looks like a white man on the dance floor :D

2. IT WORKED!! :o

PS. I can't even imagine how badly that DB's teammates goofed on him the next day in film session

It must have been brutal [/b][/quote]
    funny story about that play taht alot of fans missed was that on HBO's show that week they showed that linebacker talking on the sideline saying that they had to flush Chad out of the pocket because he was scared to run and that they would smack him, cut to that play and the very same linebacker breaking his ankles off

never laughed so hard in my life