Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: I cant stop throwing picks...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is killing me... I hate 4-6 defenses... Ive thrown like 12 picks in the past 3 games and of course lost each.... dammit! Any tips fellas? I know its a pretty generic problem that I have but theres got to be something... also, sometimes I'll rush the ball 10 times and get -5 yrds... Using the Jets I like to keep it within the tackles cause CMart doesnt seem so fast in the game and lack acceleration... any tips?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JetChefJR@Aug 16 2004, 04:10 PM
    This is killing me... I hate 4-6 defenses... Ive thrown like 12 picks in the past 3 games and of course lost each.... dammit! Any tips fellas? I know its a pretty generic problem that I have but theres got to be something... also, sometimes I'll rush the ball 10 times and get -5 yrds... Using the Jets I like to keep it within the tackles cause CMart doesnt seem so fast in the game and lack acceleration... any tips?
    Wow..ok ok Jetchef....here are a few tips...

1) Don't be so quick to go online...spend some time in the Practice mode of the game and go up against the best defenses and just practice running and passing. This will make the online game seem tame

2) 46 Defense....this defense is great against the Run..Weak against the pass.
    The way to assault this D is to attack the edges where the Corners are. If you notice that he is running Zone out of 46, then attack the outside linebackers with Baker or attack the outside with a slot reciever running a fade....the CB has to choose between McCareins or the slot (You can sub in a fast slot guy).
    The 46 is not a good pass defense....just practice against it and find the weaknesses..

3) If you dont run, they will tee off on you.

4) Try not to force passes into coverage and try not to pass on the run....if you throw the ball while you are moving, you may throw an INT..(if you are vick or mcNabb, the running may not affect the pass as much)

5) If you see that they are blitzing you then attack the spot the blitzer has left or have the fb stay into to block

There ARE SO MANY WAYS To attack the 46 defense...just remember...dont float a pass and be precise....know what your options are...

LL

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Picks against 46 defenses usually occur because of throwing into excessive amounts of zones. If you throw too quickly, there will be LBs with their hands up all over the throwing lanes. Drop back, wait until the last second, then get rid of it. At this point, any LBs dropping into zones should be spread out enough. The only thing you need to watch out for is blitzers, but if you see them coming in time, you should be able to get rid of it.

As for running, if you're running out of a two-back set, you MUST FOLLOW YOUR BLOCKER. In 2004 I bounced my runs outside a lot, but now that just results in me getting Corey Dillon killed. Follow your FB on inside runs and be patient. The holes will develop.