Thread: Just when you think you've heard it all!

I happened to be listening to an interview with Brit Hume on FOX a little while ago with some left wing liberal. Her name escapes me, but she sounds like she is one cigarette away from the bone orchard.

Anyway, the conversation centered around the Swift Boat accusations and she muttered something that really caught my ear...something to the effect that if Bush wins this election, it will be because of the smear tactics used by this administration (referring to the Swiftees). First of all, it's not a smear, it's veterans giving their recollection of events...no one is saying you have to believe them. But, the thing that struck me is they (dems) are already starting to come up with an excuse as to why Kerry will lose...it's simply amazing.

Last election the excuse was Bush stole the election and now the excuse will be the Swiftees...you can't even write this stuff people.

Kerry will lose this election for one reason and one reason only. He failed to come up with a viable platform! You cannot win an election based solely on the battle cry from the left with...I HATE BUSH!

[quote][b]You cannot win an election based solely on the battle cry from the left with...I HATE BUSH![/b][/quote]

Don't be so sure. There are enough folks out there who despise our sitting President that Kerry might just win on his "I'm Not Bush" Platform. I don't think he will win personally, but it does say something that ~50% of the American people would be willing to take a stuffed manaquin over GW Bush.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

don't be so sure- my dad's a die-hard, 65 yr-old republican-- bush/cheney he votes kerry. bush/mccain he votes bush.

i'm independent, i voted republican and dem in the last 4 presidential elections (i've only been eligible since '88), and i don't love kerry but i fall into the ABB category.

BTW, keep listening, i've heard 'if bush loses it'll be because...' as well. it's what they do on those shows ;)

[quote][i]Originally posted by isired[/i]@Aug 29 2004, 10:54 PM
    [b] don't be so sure- my dad's a die-hard, 65 yr-old republican-- bush/cheney he votes kerry. bush/mccain he votes bush.

i'm independent, i voted republican and dem in the last 4 presidential elections (i've only been eligible since '88), and i don't love kerry but i fall into the ABB category.

BTW, keep listening, i've heard 'if bush loses it'll be because...' as well. it's what they do on those shows ;) [/b][/quote]
    Here's part of your post...

my dad's a die-hard, 65 yr-old republican-- bush/cheney he votes kerry.

Explain to me how he's a "die-hard" republican? :blink: