Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Dick Cheney-American scumbag

  1. #1
    I was watching 60 minutes last night and it basically documented what I already knew..That while CEO of Halliburton, Dick Cheney and His co did and continues to do business with Iran, Iraq and Syria...Dick Cheney skirted the law and set up an office in the caymans..thereby 'a subsidiary of halliburton could do business with iran and iraq..THis man is a scumbag and a lawbreaker...
    He doesn't represent anyone but Oil service companies...

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    11,692
    (yawn)

  3. #3
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Aug 30 2004, 09:49 AM
    [b] (yawn) [/b][/quote]
    Agreed.

  4. #4
    why is that a yawn..This guy claims to be 'anti terror', yet he does business with "so called' rogue states!...The Bush/Cheney team is a Fukin farce.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    When 60 Minutes is willing to give the Swift Boat veterans the same platform they extended to Richard Clarke or Paul O'Neill, are willing to have Leslie Stahl debate kerri on his 19-year senatorial record as well as his post-Vietnam actions or are willing to point out the lies and inaccuracies of Michael Moore, they are nothing more than whores trying to pimp books for Schiester & Schiester Publications....a company owned by Viacom, who also owns.....CBS/60 Minutes!

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    3,408
    [quote][b]When 60 Minutes is willing to give the Swift Boat veterans the same platform they extended to Richard Clarke or Paul O'Neill, are willing to have Leslie Stahl debate kerri on his 19-year senatorial record as well as his post-Vietnam actions or are willing to point out the lies and inaccuracies of Michael Moore, they are nothing more than whores trying to pimp books for Schiester & Schiester Publications....a company owned by Viacom, who also owns.....CBS/60 Minutes!
    [/b][/quote]

    If they are so liberal then why did they back down to Republican pressure and not show the Reagan mini-series?

  7. #7
    I know a girl so dumb it takes her 2 hours to watch 60 Minutes.

  8. #8
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Aug 30 2004, 11:25 AM
    [b] When 60 Minutes is willing to give the Swift Boat veterans the same platform they extended to Richard Clarke or Paul O'Neill, are willing to have Leslie Stahl debate kerri on his 19-year senatorial record as well as his post-Vietnam actions or are willing to point out the lies and inaccuracies of Michael Moore, they are nothing more than whores trying to pimp books for Schiester & Schiester Publications....a company owned by Viacom, who also owns.....CBS/60 Minutes! [/b][/quote]
    Just out of curiosity (and no, this isn't an attack), do you feel the 24/7 Right-Wing "Entertainment" Radio is somewhat equal, influence wise, to the mainstream media Lefty Bend?

    I mean the Mainstream Media leans to the left, and has an obvious Leftward bias in it's coverage, that is unquestionable (except, of course, for Fox). However, Right Wing Radio doesn't just lean right, they fall over themselves running directly to the right, while cursing the left and the left's mothers for having such loser left-Wing children, LOL!

    The Mainstream Lefty media has MANY MANY viewers, but a great percentage are just your average Sheeple, the non-voting, could care less about politics, sheeple. Right Wing Radio has LESS listeners (although still a very substantial amount) but it's listeners are usually much more involved in the political process. Right Wing Radio makes no quams about it's dedicated support to the Republican party and Conservative thought, even going so far as to advertise the Pro-Bush/Elect-Bush message rather actively.

    So, Does Fox & Right Wing Radio equal, in terms of influence, the Left Wing Major Networks? If not, why?

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    On some beach... somewhere...
    Posts
    3,735
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish+Aug 30 2004, 11:39 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Warfish @ Aug 30 2004, 11:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Come Back to NY[/i]@Aug 30 2004, 11:25 AM
    [b] When 60 Minutes is willing to give the Swift Boat veterans the same platform they extended to Richard Clarke or Paul O&#39;Neill, are willing to have Leslie Stahl debate kerri on his 19-year senatorial record as well as his post-Vietnam actions or are willing to point out the lies and inaccuracies of Michael Moore, they are nothing more than whores trying to pimp books for Schiester & Schiester Publications....a company owned by Viacom, who also owns.....CBS/60 Minutes&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Just out of curiosity (and no, this isn&#39;t an attack), do you feel the 24/7 Right-Wing "Entertainment" Radio is somewhat equal, influence wise, to the mainstream media Lefty Bend?

    I mean the Mainstream Media leans to the left, and has an obvious Leftward bias in it&#39;s coverage, that is unquestionable (except, of course, for Fox). However, Right Wing Radio doesn&#39;t just lean right, they fall over themselves running directly to the right, while cursing the left and the left&#39;s mothers for having such loser left-Wing children, LOL&#33;

    The Mainstream Lefty media has MANY MANY viewers, but a great percentage are just your average Sheeple, the non-voting, could care less about politics, sheeple. Right Wing Radio has LESS listeners (although still a very substantial amount) but it&#39;s listeners are usually much more involved in the political process. Right Wing Radio makes no quams about it&#39;s dedicated support to the Republican party and Conservative thought, even going so far as to advertise the Pro-Bush/Elect-Bush message rather actively.

    So, Does Fox & Right Wing Radio equal, in terms of influence, the Left Wing Major Networks? If not, why? [/b][/quote]
    Warfish,

    I think if you read what you wrote you could cipher your own answer.

    The fact that the average viewer of "mainstream media" is your typical joe (sheeple) schmoe, that gives those outlets a TON more influence.

    The right-wing radio outlets have listeners that actively seek out like-minded opinions, there is nothing to convince these people of. They are already in the same camp, more like seeking validation than anything. They will not be influenced.

    Influence carries weight when there is an audience that can be influenced. Hence, the average, not actively involved, not politically saavy (in either direction) citizen is the more "influenceable" demographic, thus making the outlets that reach them much more influential.

    Of course, this is just my humble opinion... I may be wrong.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    [quote][i]Originally posted by AlbanyJet[/i]@Aug 30 2004, 11:37 AM
    [b] I know a girl so dumb it takes her 2 hours to watch 60 Minutes. [/b][/quote]
    Obviously a lib.

    [quote][b]Just out of curiosity (and no, this isn&#39;t an attack), do you feel the 24/7 Right-Wing "Entertainment" Radio is somewhat equal, influence wise, to the mainstream media Lefty Bend?[/b][/quote]

    Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity do not pretend to be anything other than what they are...hard core conservatives. You know what you are getting when you tune in yet to their credit they are not afraid (Hannity anyway) to put opposing points of view on the radio. Hannity has had Ted Kennedy, Garofalo and tons of anti-Bush people on his show (which Err America never has). And again...where is the opposing point of view or storyline on 60 Minutes????

    [quote][b]If they are so liberal then why did they back down to Republican pressure and not show the Reagan mini-series? [/b][/quote]

    Total business decision...advertisers pulled out after recieving thousands of calls from people who threatened to boycott their products if they went ahead and sponsored the show...I know, I helped start the campaign. Oh, BTW..it was eventually shown on ShowTime....another Viacom entity.

    Want more proof????

    [b]Viewers Accuse MTV of Editing Boos Toward Kerry Daughters at Video Awards[/b]

    A follow-up to Sunday night&#39;s article on John Kerry&#39;s Daughters recieving boos from the MTV Video Music Award crowd.
    After seeing the show broadcast live, then watching the re-broadcast of the show, many are cryin gfoul as it seems that MTV has dubbed over, or edited out many of the boos the daughters recieved.

    Not only that, but now CNN is trying to report that the boos were meant for both the Kerry AND Bush daughters. While the Bush daughters may have recieved boos, viewers could not hear them due to the fact that their appearance was made via satelite.

    CNN said that some audience members gave a "standing ovation"... which is odd considering the fact that most of the individuals were standing throughout the entire program... they had to... they were standing room only seats...

    Many are trying to use this event to claim that individuals at the event thought that when the Kerry daughters were announced, the Bush daughters were going to come out.

    If so, the audience is not only dumb and deaf, but blind as well.

    -----------------------------------------------

    And who owns MTV?????.....Viacom&#33;

  11. #11
    so how do you bushies feel about Cheney doing business with terrorist states?

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    3,408
    [quote][b]Total business decision...advertisers pulled out after recieving thousands of calls from people who threatened to boycott their products if they went ahead and sponsored the show...I know, I helped start the campaign. Oh, BTW..it was eventually shown on ShowTime....another Viacom entity.
    [/b][/quote]

    You are a true American. If the government won&#39;t censor everything for you, then you join a grassroots effort to censor the media. (BTW I never saw the mini-series or had any intention of seeing it.)

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Aug 30 2004, 12:32 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Total business decision...advertisers pulled out after recieving thousands of calls from people who threatened to boycott their products if they went ahead and sponsored the show...I know, I helped start the campaign. Oh, BTW..it was eventually shown on ShowTime....another Viacom entity.
    [/b][/quote]

    You are a true American. If the government won&#39;t censor everything for you, then you join a grassroots effort to censor the media. (BTW I never saw the mini-series or had any intention of seeing it.) [/b][/quote]
    As a typical lib you&#39;ll try and spin goverment censorship such as banning books from the shelves, keeping free speech from the airwaves or trying to federally prosecute others speaking out (all of which the demonazis and kerri campaign have tried to do recently) versus Americans taking it amongst themselves to make a point....funny, I saw a lot of libs carrying signs yesterday which read, [b]"Dissent is Patriotic" [/b] but as I&#39;ve previously said...it&#39;s not Patriotic or allowed when it is implemented against their beliefs&#33;

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    11,692
    Section, are you similarly righteously indignant about Kerry&#39;s attempts to censor and limit the right to free speech of the Swiftboat Veterans for Truth? Is it not ironic that Kerry is trying to limit the rights of men who fought bravely defending those rights, many of whom were drafted into service, and ALL of whom Kerry slanderously referred to as baby-killer, rapists and war criminals? He slanders them, offers no evidence for it, then thirty years later tries to forbid their right to express themselves?

    Great guy though. I especially liked the part where he called my dad a rapist, baby-killing war criminal while my dad was still in country facing hostile fire. You see, my father didn&#39;t get to leave after 3 months and some bacitracin- he actually had to stick around for two years....

    At least Kerry&#39;s political career was helped by the notoriety he gained by slandering his brothers. And you REALLY don&#39;t like George Bush, so it&#39;s all good, right?

  15. #15
    Very Simple: It is only Censorship when the Government does it. When private Citizens (either personally, or via their personally owned business entities) do it, it is freedom of speech and must be defended as hard as any other form, even if we find it distateful. That is how freedom works.

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,547
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Aug 30 2004, 12:39 PM
    [b] Just out of curiosity (and no, this isn&#39;t an attack), do you feel the 24/7 Right-Wing "Entertainment" Radio is somewhat equal, influence wise, to the mainstream media Lefty Bend?

    I mean the Mainstream Media leans to the left, and has an obvious Leftward bias in it&#39;s coverage, that is unquestionable (except, of course, for Fox). However, Right Wing Radio doesn&#39;t just lean right, they fall over themselves running directly to the right, while cursing the left and the left&#39;s mothers for having such loser left-Wing children, LOL&#33;

    The Mainstream Lefty media has MANY MANY viewers, but a great percentage are just your average Sheeple, the non-voting, could care less about politics, sheeple. Right Wing Radio has LESS listeners (although still a very substantial amount) but it&#39;s listeners are usually much more involved in the political process. Right Wing Radio makes no quams about it&#39;s dedicated support to the Republican party and Conservative thought, even going so far as to advertise the Pro-Bush/Elect-Bush message rather actively.

    So, Does Fox & Right Wing Radio equal, in terms of influence, the Left Wing Major Networks? If not, why? [/b][/quote]
    If you think Radio has the same impact of Major TV Fish, I suggest
    you catch all the Jet Games on Radio for the rest of the Season&#33;&#33; ;)

  17. #17
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish+Aug 30 2004, 11:39 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Warfish @ Aug 30 2004, 11:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Come Back to NY[/i]@Aug 30 2004, 11:25 AM
    [b] When 60 Minutes is willing to give the Swift Boat veterans the same platform they extended to Richard Clarke or Paul O&#39;Neill, are willing to have Leslie Stahl debate kerri on his 19-year senatorial record as well as his post-Vietnam actions or are willing to point out the lies and inaccuracies of Michael Moore, they are nothing more than whores trying to pimp books for Schiester & Schiester Publications....a company owned by Viacom, who also owns.....CBS/60 Minutes&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Just out of curiosity (and no, this isn&#39;t an attack), do you feel the 24/7 Right-Wing "Entertainment" Radio is somewhat equal, influence wise, to the mainstream media Lefty Bend?

    I mean the Mainstream Media leans to the left, and has an obvious Leftward bias in it&#39;s coverage, that is unquestionable (except, of course, for Fox). However, Right Wing Radio doesn&#39;t just lean right, they fall over themselves running directly to the right, while cursing the left and the left&#39;s mothers for having such loser left-Wing children, LOL&#33;

    The Mainstream Lefty media has MANY MANY viewers, but a great percentage are just your average Sheeple, the non-voting, could care less about politics, sheeple. Right Wing Radio has LESS listeners (although still a very substantial amount) but it&#39;s listeners are usually much more involved in the political process. Right Wing Radio makes no quams about it&#39;s dedicated support to the Republican party and Conservative thought, even going so far as to advertise the Pro-Bush/Elect-Bush message rather actively.

    So, Does Fox & Right Wing Radio equal, in terms of influence, the Left Wing Major Networks? If not, why? [/b][/quote]
    Question for you Fish. Please answer honestly.

    Does right wing radio try to portray itself as a non partisan news organization?

    Does CBS portray itself as a non partisan news organization?

    Do you see the difference.

    Its not about who influences who. RRR doesn&#39;t misrepresent itself. The vast majority of citizens listen to pop music on their radios. Don&#39;t be fooled by posters in a political forum the majority of people are uninformed. In fact everything they know about politics they pick up on the local evening news. Make no mistake they have a huge influence.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn/Austin
    Posts
    2,712
    Let&#39;s be honest people, few of us who appear to be politically active actually watch the news and have our minds changed. Those who are conservative will watch Fox and agree with most everything said and anything on the left-leaning stations is just a conspiracy against the right . And the same with liberals, they will watch the left-leaning stations and take what they say as 100% accurate and look at Fox as a right wing conspiracy.

    All I can say is that the left-leaning stations are in a way more harmful to those who are lost. They claim to be in the middle and unbiased, which they clearly are. Fox we all know is biased but they make no gripes about it. I mean go on the FoxNews website and there is an ad to support Bush/Cheney.

    I highly doubt people who are confused and need some unbiased news goes to Fox and takes everything they say as truth. People who watch Fox are conservative and probably have had these certain opinions for some time.

  19. #19
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TheBrodyMan[/i]@Aug 30 2004, 03:17 PM
    [b] Let&#39;s be honest people, few of us who appear to be politically active actually watch the news and have our minds changed. Those who are conservative will watch Fox and agree with most everything said and anything on the left-leaning stations is just a conspiracy against the right . And the same with liberals, they will watch the left-leaning stations and take what they say as 100% accurate and look at Fox as a right wing conspiracy.

    All I can say is that the left-leaning stations are in a way more harmful to those who are lost. They claim to be in the middle and unbiased, which they clearly are. Fox we all know is biased but they make no gripes about it. I mean go on the FoxNews website and there is an ad to support Bush/Cheney.

    I highly doubt people who are confused and need some unbiased news goes to Fox and takes everything they say as truth. People who watch Fox are conservative and probably have had these certain opinions for some time. [/b][/quote]
    Thats not exactly true Brodyman. While analysts like Oriley and Hannity clearly lean to the right, Fox News also gives a forum to left leaning analysts as well. The news anchors on Fox generally stay neutral. At times it seems like they are coming from a conservative perspective, but it&#39;s really no different then how CNN or the major networks appear to lean left in their coverage. The difference is that Fox is the only channel broadcasting from a centerist or slight right of center viewpoint. ALL of the others have a left of center perspective. Not the same thing.

  20. #20
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Aug 30 2004, 12:55 PM
    [b] I especially liked the part where he called my dad a rapist, baby-killing war criminal while my dad was still in country facing hostile fire. You see, my father didn&#39;t get to leave after 3 months and some bacitracin. [/b][/quote]
    (yawn)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us