Thread: Is the War on Terror clear to everyone now?

Hall Of Fame
    Look, France actively protected Saddam Hussein to the full extent of their ability. They have been in oppositition to nearly everything Israel does for a long time. Yet, Islamic terrorists kidnap their citizens and demand that France change her laws about headscarves, etc. Thus, the pro-Palestine, pro-Saddam and anti-American stances have not afforded them much godwill, it seems. Could it be ANY clearer that we face an enemy that is bent upon changing ther nature of western society, and not solely antagonistic due to the actions of the USA proper, or the oil industry specifically?

They have targeted their own kind in Iraq, merely for the crime of cooperating with the Colatition and trying the rebuild their society. They have bombed Riyadh, targeting Saudis, for the crime of actually arresting AQ members or freezing terrorists funds. They have tried to kill the President of Pakistan. They have bombed in Turkey. They bombed Spain. They have been rounded up in Britain, the US, and France. Muslims continue to murder Hindus, Christians and most recently and brutally, blacks in Africa. They are the most racist, anti-gay, anti-women civilization on the planet currently. Yet, these countries and their brutal rulers are still afforded a democrati vote in organizations like the UN, a right they don't even extend to their own people. Why do we allow these states an air of legitimacy through vehicles like the UN??

Sure, we can and should argue and discuss the merits of any specific initiative, like the Iraq War, etc. But can we finally disspell the myth that these terrorists are merely reacting in a justified way to the malfeasance of the West? They will not and cannot be appeased, and France is (hopefully) finding this out.

It boggles my mind that people in this country will blame us and our leaders on merely intuition, yet bend over backwards defending and justifying the actions of the very people who would like nothing more than to see us all dead, many of whom are actively working to acheive that very goal. No, we'd rather ankle-bite and question the motives of those who defend us imperfectly, and ignore the true character of the leaders of countries in which women are stoned to death for being seen in public with a non-relative male, where homosexuals are tortured and killed, and where people of other religions are rountinely massacred, and where 99% of the population is oppressed, poor, hungry and in poor health and where state and religion are indistinguishable.

If we just appease the terrorists and stop oppressing them for oil and withdraw support for our allies and stop going after the perpetrators of terror attacks then the will probablly not be as mad at us anymore. Maybe there would be less terrorism. Its worth a shot.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It is obviously not clear to everyone.

All League
    Maybe France isn't in bed with terrorists like you all think. France's law against headscarfs is an outrage and everyone should be pissed about it.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Aug 30 2004, 05:30 PM
    [b] Maybe France isn't in bed with terrorists like you all think. France's law against headscarfs is an outrage and everyone should be pissed about it. [/b][/quote]
    Yea man.. I'm with you.. Those French reporters deserve to get their heads cut off because of Frances outrageous policies! How dare the French not cave to every single one of the terrorists demands.

Section.. don't wirry about it. None of these people get it like we do. Its not the terrorists we should be blaming for terrorism and murder. It's the governments who do the things that get the terrorists upset. Untill these nazi conservatives get that in their heads this country will never wise up and start caving to all the terorrists demands.

Intellectuals like you and me know better. Oh well..

All League
    [quote][b]Yea man.. I'm with you.. Those French reporters deserve to get their heads cut off because of Frances outrageous policies! How dare the French not cave to every single one of the terrorists demands.

Section.. don't wirry about it. None of these people get it like we do. Its not the terrorists we should be blaming for terrorism and murder. It's the governments who do the things that get the terrorists upset. Untill these nazi conservatives get that in their heads this country will never wise up and start caving to all the terorrists demands.

Intellectuals like you and me know better. Oh well..
    [/b][/quote]

I'm not justifying their actions, I'm just saying they have every reason to be upset about France's policy that is a direct slap in the face to all Muslims. Could you imagine the uproar if something like that happened in this country? To many Muslims the headscarf is required to be worn at all times, to tell them they can't attend public school if they don't remove it is very disrespectful to their beliefs and culture.

Hall Of Fame
    Section is right in his narrow point, that law is atrocious. France has a very big assimilation problem with their gorwing Muslim minority, coupled with the declining birthrates of Frenchmen of European stock. They are very anti-Israel and pro-arab governments in large part due to general European attitude, but also because the Muslims will grow to about 20% of France's population within 10 years or so, depending on what study you believe. But the muslims have not assimilated, and the head scarf law is a blatant attempt by the government to force them to, and it is being met with, what is in my opinion, justified abhorrence by the muslims. No excuse to kidnap or kill, though.

But Section is right about the law being awful.

Hall Of Fame
    Religion of peace? I'm not so sure
    Zev Chafets/ NY Daily News

The two men arrested in Albany for allegedly taking part in a terrorist plot were men of God. So friends and neighbors have been telling reporters. Mohammed Mosharref Hossain was a pillar of the local congregation. Yassin Muhiddin Aref was a prayer leader. They called their mosque the House of Peace.

The mosque belongs to the North American Islamic Trust, which runs many other mosques in the U.S. The trust is funded mostly by the Saudis. It has other enterprises, too, including a book club. One of its featured offerings is "Jihad: A Commitment to World Peace." Or if you are not a reader, you can express commitment to jihad in action. Like the Albany warriors who, the government charges, signed up to help gun down a senior Pakistani diplomat on the streets of New York City, using a shoulder-fired surface-to-air missile. The upstate jihadis are not unique. On the contrary, they are just the latest in a long and growing list of local Islamic "spiritual leaders" and national Muslim leaders who have been implicated in terrorist activity. Take Abdurahman Alamoudi, for example, founder of the American Muslim Council (hailed in 2002 by FBI chief Robert Mueller as "the most mainstream Muslim group" in the U.S.).

Alamoudi faces up to 23 years in prison for "engaging in illegal business deals" with Libya. What kind of deals? According to court documents, he was part of a plot to murder the Saudi crown prince. Then there are the three leaders of America's largest Muslim charity, the Holy Land Foundation. They are awaiting trial in Dallas on a 42-count federal indictment for funneling millions of dollars to Islamic terrorist groups in the Middle East. The head of another major Islamic charity, Benevolence International Foundation of Illinois, was recently convicted of sending funds to Islamic terrorist groups in Bosnia and Chechnya. And so on and so forth. At this point, I'm supposed to add The Caveat: Most American Muslims are peaceable, law-abiding, terror-hating folks. Islam itself is a "religion of peace." Sorry, but I'm no longer convinced.

It may be that Islam in its true form is as gentle as a lamb. But in the real world, it is an aggressive, violent political ideology. It may also be that a majority of U.S. Muslims object to the jihad being waged against infidel Christians, Jews, Hindus, atheists, agnostics and democrats of all denominations. But if so, they are keeping it to themselves. After Abdurahman Alamoudi's confession of guilt, his lawyer, Stanley Cohen, warned that "there are those people who will seek to manipulate this plea into an attack on the entire Muslim community." The Muslim establishment in America uses this form of intellectual jujitsu every time one of its leaders gets caught conducting holy war. Mosques and Muslim schools and institutions are hotbeds of agitation and terrorism? Why, just making the charge is a hate crime. This trick has worked amazingly well on Americans who pride themselves on pluralism and good manners.

For years, it kept the feds away from mosques and the politicians insisting against all evidence that Islam is nothing more than another path to the God of Us All. But almost three years after 9/11, this hocus pocus is losing its potency. "There are terrorists among us," Gov. Pataki said after the Albany jihadis were arrested. He didn't specify because he didn't need to. If America's Muslims don't want to be identified with America's enemies, they are going to need new leaders and loud voices. Slapping the word "peace" over the door of the mosque just isn't going to do it anymore. Originally published on August 7, 2004

All League
    [quote][b]Religion of peace? I'm not so sure [/b][/quote]

But do they molest children?

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Sep 2 2004, 07:51 AM
    [b] [quote][b]Religion of peace? I'm not so sure [/b][/quote]

But do they molest children? [/b][/quote]
    So since these men dont molest children, that justifies their actions?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Aug 31 2004, 09:27 AM
    [b] I'm not justifying their actions, I'm just saying they have every reason to be upset about France's policy that is a direct slap in the face to all Muslims.

Could you imagine the uproar if something like that happened in this country? [/b][/quote]
    "If something like that happened in this country" ??

What, you mean like the New York City school system expressly banning nativity scenes during the "winter holidays," while allowing menorahs and muslim crescents?

Or like schools in general, coast to coast, banning the mere mention of the word "Christmas" (thus the "winter holidays" term in my previous example).

Or banning even silent prayer in the classroom (a purely non-mandatory endeavor) -- for fear of making atheists "uncomfortable"?

Or like public buildings not being able to display the Ten Commandments?

Or like the ongoing attempt to remove "one nation under God" from our Pledge of Allegiance?

Or just the widespread continuing concerted effort to sweep Christianity and our nation's undeniable Judeo-Christian roots under the rug, while bending over backwards to accommodate the public display of muslim rites and practices, for fear that we might "offend" that harmless, peaceful segment of our society?

Just how far up your ass can your head possibly go?

All League
    [quote][b]"If something like that happened in this country" ??

What, you mean like the New York City school system expressly banning nativity scenes during the "winter holidays," while allowing menorahs and muslim crescents?

Or like schools in general, coast to coast, banning the mere mention of the word "Christmas" (thus the "winter holidays" term in my previous example).

Or banning even silent prayer in the classroom (a purely non-mandatory endeavor) -- for fear of making atheists "uncomfortable"?

Or like public buildings not being able to display the Ten Commandments?

Or like the ongoing attempt to remove "one nation under God" from our Pledge of Allegiance?

Or just the widespread continuing concerted effort to sweep Christianity and our nation's undeniable Judeo-Christian roots under the rug, while bending over backwards to accommodate the public display of muslim rites and practices, for fear that we might "offend" that harmless, peaceful segment of our society?

Just how far up your ass can your head possibly go?
    [/b][/quote]

Where have iI defended those initatives? I believe that overt school-sponsored religion is wrong. If students want to have a prayer session, on their own, I have no issues.

since it was not declared formally by an act of congress, there is no such thing as the war on terror... just the white house agenda run amok... and things like the Abu Garib scandal only makes the muslim world 10x more Angry...

yes, it's pretty clear to me

All League
    Charter JI Member

You know what, its not very clear to me.

First I thought we went into Iraq to prevent use and potential spread of weapons of mass destruction. Turns out we're still looking

Then I thought we went into Iraq because of SH's links to 9/11...but turns out there was no link.

Then I thought that we went into Iraq to liberate they're people from an oppressive leader. Ok...job well done!!!!!!!!!!

Now apparently we went into Iraq because of all of the terrorist groups there kidnapping and beheading foriegn workers and journalists.......oh wait...that can't be why we went there...that didn't start happening until we got there.

So I guess I'm one of the few thats still confused about the war on terror...at least in Iraq.

Afganistan I understood, but I haven't heard much news from those parts lately... hopefully we're still wiping out the last traces of Al Quaeda and the Taliban there.