Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Declassified documents show Israel's 1967 attack..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Declassified documents show Israel's 1967 attack on USS Liberty was accidental By Ellis Shumanm, israelinsider, July 9, 2003

New documents released this week by the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) prove that Israel's 1967 attack on the USS Liberty was accidental. The Israeli attack on the American surveillance ship during the Six Day War, which killed 34 U.S. servicemen and wounded 172, has been a controversial and disputed chapter in Israel's relations with the United States.

Last week, the NSA released additional information relative to the June 8, 1967 attack on the U.S.S. Liberty. The information included three audio recordings, transcripts (in English), three follow-up reports, and a U.S. Cryptologic History Report entitled "Attack on a Sigint Collector, the U.S.S. Liberty."

The documents, originally classified as "top secret," were made public according to the U.S. Freedom of Information Act and at the request of Florida Federal Judge Jay Cristol, who has been investigating the Liberty incident for years and published a book on the subject last year, Haaretz reported.

The NSA stated that it did not have recorded communications from the Israeli Air Force jets or missile boats that were directly involved in the attack on the USS Liberty. The information released is voice conversations between two Israeli helicopter pilots and the control tower at Hatzor Airfield following the attack on the Liberty.

The helicopter pilots were summoned from their base to assess the damage caused to the unidentified ship off the Sinai coast. The transcript includes the following dialogue between the pilots:

"PAY ATTN: THERE WAS A SHIP THERE... A WARSHIP WHICH WE ATTACKED. PEOPLE JUMPED INTO THE WATER FROM IT. TRY TO PULL THEM OUT."

And a few minutes later:

"PAY ATTN: THE SHIP HAS NOW BEEN IDENTIFIED AS AN EGYPTIAN SHIP. YOU ARE NOW RETURNING HOME."

The information indicated, therefore, that the Israeli Air Force presumed the ship to be Egyptian, and that the attack did not deliberately target an American intelligence ship.

According to the NSA information, "the Israeli helicopter apparently informed the Hatzor on a different frequency that it had sighted an American flag on the ship. Hatzor then asked the helicopter to make another pass to check 'if this was really an American flag.'"

Conspiracy theorists have stated frequently that the USS Liberty was openly flying the American flag and the Israeli Air Force pilots knew this at the time of the attack.

In an article published in the Spring 2000 issue of Azure, author Michael B. Oren provided additional information, based on declassified Israeli military reports, that proved that the Israeli Mirage pilots did not see an American flag flying on the USS Liberty.

"The pilot then spoke with Air Force commander Gen. Motti Hod, who asked him repeatedly whether he could see a flag. The answer was 'Negative.' Nor were there any distinguishing marks other than some "black letters" painted on the hull."

According to Haaretz, the release of the tapes by the NSA last week was not the first time that they were made available to the public. The Israeli government presented them to the Thames television network in 1987. Conspiracy theorists charged, however, that Israel had doctored the tapes. This is the first time that the Americans have released information supporting Israel's claim that it had attacked a ship presumed to be Egyptian.

"It's the last piece of intelligence that remained classified, and every rational person that will read it will understand that there is no truth in these conspiracy theories against Israel," Cristol told Haaretz yesterday.

"Those who hate Israel, who hate Jews, and those who believe in conspiracy will not be convinced by anything," he added.

* Find this article at:
    [url=http://web.israelinsider.com/bin/en.jsp?enPage=ArticlePage&enDisplay=view&enDispWhat=object&enDispWho=Article%5El2492&enZone=Security&enVersion=0&]http://web.israelinsider.com/bin/en.jsp?en...ty&enVersion=0&[/url]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well that solves it I guess. A helicopter pilot, after the ship had already been bombed, said that it was an Egyptian warship. Could it be that they had already heard on the radio the report of an Egyptian ship being fired on and assumed this was the ship? Or that the fighterpilots said over the radio it was Egyptian because their commanders told them so and they bombed at will?

Besides I'm sure iraeliinsider is a very trusted source of unbiased information.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b]"Those who hate Israel, who hate Jews, and those who believe in conspiracy will not be convinced by anything," he added.[/b]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]"Those who hate Israel, who hate Jews, and those who believe in conspiracy will not be convinced by anything," he added.
    [/b][/quote]

Yes he is right, I do hate Israel, and for good reason. I do not hate Jews though.

I was simply pointing out the flaws in the article. I am not well versed in the situation as I was not alive at the time, and this forum is the only place I have read more than a few sentances about the incident.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Aug 31 2004, 10:18 AM
    [b] [quote][b]"Those who hate Israel, who hate Jews, and those who believe in conspiracy will not be convinced by anything," he added.
    [/b][/quote]

Yes he is right, I do hate Israel, and for good reason. I do not hate Jews though.

I was simply pointing out the flaws in the article. I am not well versed in the situation as I was not alive at the time, and this forum is the only place I have read more than a few sentances about the incident. [/b][/quote]
    Section, why do you hate Israel?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate Israel too. They are the casue of so many problems and are nothing more than a drain on our economy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ShadeTree#55[/i]@Aug 31 2004, 10:32 AM
    [b] I hate Israel too. They are the casue of so many problems and are nothing more than a drain on our economy. [/b][/quote]
    Why do you hate Israel?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are nothing but trouble for the USA.

I will quote Harry Trumans diary:

[quote][b]
    "They [the Jews] care not how many Estonians, Latvians, Finns, Poles, Yugoslavs or Greeks get murdered or mistreated as D[isplaced] P[ersons] as long as the Jews get special treatment," he wrote in 1947.

"Yet when they have power, physical, financial or political, neither Hitler nor Stalin has anything on them for cruelty or mistreatment to the underdog.

"Put an underdog on top and it makes no difference whether his name is Russian, Jewish, Negro, Management, Labor, Mormon, Baptist, he goes haywire.

"I've found very, very few who remember their past condition when prosperity comes."
    [/b][/quote]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ShadeTree#55[/i]@Aug 31 2004, 12:08 PM
    [b] They are nothing but trouble for the USA.

I will quote Harry Trumans diary:

[quote][b]
    "They [the Jews] care not how many Estonians, Latvians, Finns, Poles, Yugoslavs or Greeks get murdered or mistreated as D[isplaced] P[ersons] as long as the Jews get special treatment," he wrote in 1947.

"Yet when they have power, physical, financial or political, neither Hitler nor Stalin has anything on them for cruelty or mistreatment to the underdog.

"Put an underdog on top and it makes no difference whether his name is Russian, Jewish, Negro, Management, Labor, Mormon, Baptist, he goes haywire.

"I've found very, very few who remember their past condition when prosperity comes."
    [/b][/quote] [/b][/quote]
    Why don't you go back to the libetarian or green or democratic party where you belong. Thats where the whiny *****es who want to appease terrorists so they'll "leave us alone" are located. Thats where people who don't have the stones to stand up to tyrrany and evil belong. Quit calling yourself a republican for choice. Try admitting your a panty wearing liberal in disguise.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Section, why do you hate Israel? [/b][/quote]

5ever: Why do you hate France?

Its the same logic. I hate Israel because of the way they conduct themselves. I hate Israel because of how they treat the Palestinians. I hate Israel for builiding a Berlin Wall. I hate the US's relationship with Israel. I feel our alliance with Israel causes a lot of the violence. I hate Israel for many reasons as Im sure you hate France for your own reasons. Its funny though, if someone hates Israel they are an anti-Semite and despised by many, yet if one hates France it is accepted and almost expected.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never said anything about apeasing anyone, I just hate the nation of Israel.

All republicans are Pro-Israel?

I thought you liked conservative views? Check out Pat Buchanan and what he thinks about Israel.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]I thought you liked conservative views? Check out Pat Buchanan and what he thinks about Israel.
    [/b][/quote]

You know I used to think Pat Buchannan was a crazy wacko. But after hearing him on foxnews last night, and over the past year on meet the press, I have aggreed with a lot of what he says. Maybe is not as crazy as I once thought. Maybe I'll read his new book.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh he is a whacko, but his opinions on Isael are "right" :D on the money.

There is no calling him a lib...LMAO

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ShadeTree#55[/i]@Aug 31 2004, 01:51 PM
    [b] I never said anything about apeasing anyone, I just hate the nation of Israel.

All republicans are Pro-Israel?

I thought you liked conservative views? Check out Pat Buchanan and what he thinks about Israel. [/b][/quote]
    Pat Buchanen was kicked out of the Republican party for his views. I don't like extremists on either side of the spectrum. What about a nation would make you hate it? I can understand hating Iran they are our enemys. I can understand hating soviet russia (years ago) they were our enemy. What about the nation of Israel inspires hatred in you?

On a day when a terrorist animal murdered 15 innocent women and children in Israel you sit here and talk about hating Israel?? How about reserving your hatred for the murderers and terrorists.

I hate UBL. I hate Al Qaida. I hate terrorists.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    anyone who talks badly about Israel must be anti-semitic...

you all are a bunch of jew haters B)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]On a day when a terrorist animal murdered 15 innocent women and children in Israel you sit here and talk about hating Israel?? How about reserving your hatred for the murderers and terrorists.
    [/b][/quote]

The Israeli people bring the violence on themselves (no I am not justifying the suicide bombings.) Israel should have no precedence over any other country. Our support of Israel is a main reason why we are a target for terrorists. We support their crooked regimes and their barbaric measures. Just give the Palestinians their own land and be done with it. Try to make peace, help them setup hospitals, schools, etc... and then leave them be. Build a wall between the two if you like. A wall between 2 countries is better than a wall quaruntining people and cutting them off from services like hospitals, schools, etc...

How about we kick some ass in the Sudan?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Israel is the [b]largest recipient of US foreign aid.[/b] It is already due to get $2.04 billion in military assistance and $720 million in economic aid in fiscal 2003. It has been getting $3 billion a year for years.[/b][/quote]

Okay?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Aug 31 2004, 01:58 PM
    [b] anyone who talks badly about Israel must be anti-semitic...

you all are a bunch of jew haters B) [/b][/quote]
    No interest in the content of the initial post I see. Declassified information clearly shows Israeli pilots radioing in an egyptian vessel to HQ. Must be another Jew lie. the elders of zion were working overtime to forge this one.

You section and ****Tree can keep eachother. I suggest you go to midtown tomorrow and get naked and butfu*k eachother in protest of the evil Israeli policys.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Other US help includes:

US Jewish charities and organizations have remitted grants or bought Israel bonds worth $50 billion to $60 billion. Though private in origin, the money is "a net drain" on the United States economy, says Stauffer.

The US has already guaranteed $10 billion in commercial loans to Israel, and $600 million in "housing loans." (See editor's note below.) Stauffer expects the US Treasury to cover these.

The US has given $2.5 billion to support Israel's Lavi fighter and Arrow missile projects.

Israel buys discounted, serviceable "excess" US military equipment. Stauffer says these discounts amount to "several billion dollars" over recent years.

Israel uses roughly 40 percent of its $1.8 billion per year in military aid, ostensibly earmarked for purchase of US weapons, to buy Israeli-made hardware. It also has won the right to require the Defense Department or US defense contractors to buy Israeli-made equipment or subsystems, paying 50 to 60 cents on every defense dollar the US gives to Israel.

US help, financial and technical, has enabled Israel to become a major weapons supplier. Weapons make up almost half of Israel's manufactured exports. US defense contractors often resent the buy-Israel requirements and the extra competition subsidized by US taxpayers.

US policy and trade sanctions reduce US exports to the Middle East about $5 billion a year, costing 70,000 or so American jobs, Stauffer estimates. Not requiring Israel to use its US aid to buy American goods, as is usual in foreign aid, costs another 125,000 jobs.

Israel has blocked some major US arms sales, such as F-15 fighter aircraft to Saudi Arabia in the mid-1980s. That cost $40 billion over 10 years, says Stauffer.

Stauffer's list will be controversial. He's been assisted in this research by a number of mostly retired military or diplomatic officials who do not go public for fear of being labeled anti-Semitic if they criticize America's policies toward Israel.[/b][/quote] :ph34r:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Aug 31 2004, 02:02 PM
    [b] [quote][b]On a day when a terrorist animal murdered 15 innocent women and children in Israel you sit here and talk about hating Israel?? How about reserving your hatred for the murderers and terrorists.
    [/b][/quote]

The Israeli people bring the violence on themselves (no I am not justifying the suicide bombings.) Israel should have no precedence over any other country. Our support of Israel is a main reason why we are a target for terrorists. We support their crooked regimes and their barbaric measures. Just give the Palestinians their own land and be done with it. Try to make peace, help them setup hospitals, schools, etc... and then leave them be. Build a wall between the two if you like. A wall between 2 countries is better than a wall quaruntining people and cutting them off from services like hospitals, schools, etc...

How about we kick some ass in the Sudan? [/b][/quote]
    So when the terrorists attacked France that is because their such big supporters of Israel too then? Oh wait... no their not. They did that because they banned headscarves. And they killed those 15 Nepalese today because they support Israel too right?