Thread: "Peace" activists assault police officer

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[url=http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/8/31/92638.shtml]worthless scumbags[/url]

I can only hope and pray the NYPD start giving wooden shampoo jobs en masse on these worthless scumsucking dirtbags.

Hey, you guys on the left: stand proud. Looking good. Looking real f-cking good....

Violence is unacceptable in intelligent protest. There is no excuse for this.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Aug 31 2004, 12:44 PM
    [b] Violence is unacceptable in intelligent protest. There is no excuse for this. [/b][/quote]
    Intelligence is unacceptable when libs protest...I know, I've been there.

Unbelievable. These scumbags should be thrown into a cell and given some serious medieval treatment.

Long live liberals.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Aug 31 2004, 12:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ Aug 31 2004, 12:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Warfish[/i]@Aug 31 2004, 12:44 PM
    [b] Violence is unacceptable in intelligent protest. There is no excuse for this. [/b][/quote]
    Intelligence is unacceptable when libs protest...I know, I&#39;ve been there. [/b][/quote]
    I would disagree to a degree, as I am sure you expect, LOL&#33;

I don&#39;t think of most of the loonies in NYC right now as real Liberals anymore than I view the Religious nutbars burning down Medical Clinics, impeding Scientific Advancement based on outdated religious views and killing MD&#39;s who perform abortions as "Real" Conservatives.

Knowing the type (having grown up with and known quite a few), I have found most of the protestor types are uninformed and to some degree brainwahsed kids. They are invariably privlidged white youth (under 25) who really are unable to debate the issues they claim to feel so strongly about. The extent of their debat is their rehashing the talking points they have been provided (wow, similar to some Libs and Cons I know) by whatever leadership that particular group has. Most of them are naive to the extremis, having never faced 99% of the things they protest about, and they are suseptable to suggestion from their peer group (other gulit-ridden privlidged white youth). What these kids don&#39;t get is that growing up in the lap of privledge and facing none of societies issues themselves does not make them smart or knowledgeable about world issues and events.

For a great example, see the show on Showtime called "Penn & Teller&#39;s Bullsh_t". They have a great episode debunking Environmentalists and another on the extremists of PETA, both groups very similar to many of the folks protesting in NY right now. This is a great show for pointing out some of the craziest stuff going on these days (and they strike both Liberal and Conservative issue in turn).

No, true liberals should be able to defend their reasons for their viewpoints without violence (and I think there are many folks with liberal views who would never raise the debate to the level of violence).

Hall Of Fame
    This story should be getting more press. But it seems like everytime I watch CNN, they keep showing these peaceful and really nice people who are protesting. So from just watching CNN, one would believe that this is a very nice and relaxed protest.

Why doesnt CNN and all these other newsstations go in the trenches, and prove how brave they are to get the stories? All I heard from Journalism class was how good journalists will go into any situation to get a story.

I am guessing CNN skipped the class then...

All League
    [quote][b]This story should be getting more press. But it seems like everytime I watch CNN, they keep showing these peaceful and really nice people who are protesting. So from just watching CNN, one would believe that this is a very nice and relaxed protest.

Why doesnt CNN and all these other newsstations go in the trenches, and prove how brave they are to get the stories? All I heard from Journalism class was how good journalists will go into any situation to get a story.

I am guessing CNN skipped the class then... [/b][/quote]

I was watching foxnews allnight and must have seen the footage atleast 15 times.

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Aug 31 2004, 01:07 PM
    [b]
    For a great example, see the show on Showtime called "Penn & Teller&#39;s Bullsh_t". They have a great episode debunking Environmentalists and another on the extremists of PETA, both groups very similar to many of the folks protesting in NY right now. This is a great show for pointing out some of the craziest stuff going on these days (and they strike both Liberal and Conservative issue in turn).
    [/b][/quote]
    That show is pretty good, even though Penn can be pretty grating.

I loved when they were getting the protesters to sign a petition against hydrogen dioxide (H2O).

And also the spokesperson couldn&#39;t answer any of their questions.