Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

...I'd love to hear him and Thersa Heinz get in an argument :lol:

Banned
    LMAO!

All he does is use catch phrases.

I'm glad I read this post, otherwise I never would have bothered watching a second of the Elephant convention.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

"Don't be an economic girlie man"

"Terminate the terrorists"

LMAO...he has a way with words the Governator :lol:

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Troll[/i]@Aug 31 2004, 09:17 PM
    [b]

I'm glad I read this post, otherwise I never would have bothered watching a second of the Elephant convention. [/b][/quote]

Yea, I'd rather listen to John Kerry talk about his war heroics again. :blink:

[img]http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2004/WORLD/americas/01/29/arnie.plea.ap/vert.arnold.points.jpg[/img]

"Im Arnold.....i will grab that little girlie man john kerry and crush his skull with my bare hands.....i will terminate him.......maria!......get over here so i can grab your ass ......now where was i?...oh yea...crushing democrats.....where is john conner? i mean john kerry and his purple hearts are doo-doo...i was in preditor with carl weathers....john kerry wasn't there.....i didn't see him...if i did i would have terminated him......im arnold...i would grope your women and i will take over CALIFORNIA"

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Aug 31 2004, 09:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Aug 31 2004, 09:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-The Troll[/i]@Aug 31 2004, 09:17 PM
    [b]

I&#39;m glad I read this post, otherwise I never would have bothered watching a second of the Elephant convention. [/b][/quote]

Yea, I&#39;d rather listen to John Kerry talk about his war heroics again. :blink: [/b][/quote]
    At least he was over there.

I want to hear Bush talk about living on the moon, baseball, and fruitcakes.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I&#39;m surprised this got moved so quick....I just got a kick out of Arnold&#39;s accent :o

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

When a leftist like Chrissy Matthews says Ahnold&#39;s speech was one of the greatest he&#39;s ever heard at a convention and other libs on CNN are comparing it to some of the speeches Reagan gave you know (whether one wants to admit it or not) it was a great speech and will have a big impact.

first of all..Arnolod for intents and purposes is a liberal&#33;
    He is pro gay rights..Pro choice...
    Without arnold the RNC was a total bore fest...Where the idea&#33; The party has NO ideas except..cut taxes..fight terror&#33;
    Bill frist..what a joke...I did like arnold though...All the world is a stage brothus&#33;

Wrong Bman. Arnold is the new face of the Republican party. A clear example of how one doesn&#39;t have to agree with 100% pf the platform to vote Republican.

It&#39;s obvious who the players will be in 2008. Guiliani, Mccain, Pataki and maybe Ahnold. Those are the new faces.

I only agree with around 80 percent of the republican platform, but i disagree with 90 percent of the dim platform.

While I believe that abortion should be legal, I disagree with the Democrats who believe that ALL abortion should be legal.

Arnold showed us that the Republican party is open to all, unlike the Democraps who have NEVER had a pro life voice at their convention.

[quote][b]"i was in preditor with carl weathers "[/b][/quote]

HAHAHAHAHA, Smizzy, you are hilarious&#33;

LL

[quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000[/i]@Sep 1 2004, 09:42 AM
    [b] Wrong Bman. Arnold is the new face of the Republican party. A clear example of how one doesn&#39;t have to agree with 100% pf the platform to vote Republican.

It&#39;s obvious who the players will be in 2008. Guiliani, Mccain, Pataki and maybe Ahnold. Those are the new faces.

I only agree with around 80 percent of the republican platform, but i disagree with 90 percent of the dim platform.

While I believe that abortion should be legal, I disagree with the Democrats who believe that ALL abortion should be legal.

Arnold showed us that the Republican party is open to all, unlike the Democraps who have NEVER had a pro life voice at their convention. [/b][/quote]
    Pataki sucks badly. I am a moderate and I loved Giuliani, I liked Bloomberg, I voted for both but Pataki is Screwing NYC bigtime...I think NYC should secede from NY State as we get ripped off when it comes to the budget...we can make it as our own state....who needs those pansies up in Albany&#33;

Anyway, Ah-Nold, Giuliani and McCain will be the face of the GOP in 2008...of course you cant forget JEB BUSH...you know, DYNASTY BUSH must live on...

LL

2020 Jenna Bush for Prez...hahahahahaha

Chiefs is right. Excluding Bush & Cheney who are pretty far right, the Republican "up & comers" are way closer to the center than anyone the Dem&#39;s are promoting. Hillary & Obama are not even close to moderate. There are some moderate voices on the left but the DNC stiffles them. Zell Miller has to cross party lines just to be heard. Not sure if the DNC is really that out of touch or if Howard Dean&#39;s radicalism fooled them into thinking that Kerry really is a moderate.

Hilarious.....Arnold has more Liberal positions that I do on the ISSUES, yet he gets the praise of the Cons (on this MB of course) and I am harrassed daily as a Closet Liberal.

Nice. Well, in any event, I DO like Arnold, but I missed the speech (and all Right-Wing Radio was talking about this mornign was the apparently incredable inappropriateness of the Bush Daughters "speech" last night, and the Moral Conservatives outrage over it).

So, how were the speeches really??

[quote][i]Originally posted by latinlawyer+Sep 1 2004, 09:11 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (latinlawyer @ Sep 1 2004, 09:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-chiefst2000[/i]@Sep 1 2004, 09:42 AM
    [b] Wrong Bman. Arnold is the new face of the Republican party. A clear example of how one doesn&#39;t have to agree with 100% pf the platform to vote Republican.

Arnold showed us that the Republican party is open to all, unlike the Democraps who have NEVER had a pro life voice at their convention. [/b][/quote]
    Pataki sucks badly. I am a moderate and I loved Giuliani, I liked Bloomberg, I voted for both but Pataki is Screwing NYC bigtime...I think NYC should secede from NY State as we get ripped off when it comes to the budget...we can make it as our own state....who needs those pansies up in Albany&#33;

Anyway, Ah-Nold, Giuliani and McCain will be the face of the GOP in 2008...of course you cant forget JEB BUSH...you know, DYNASTY BUSH must live on...

LL

2020 Jenna Bush for Prez...hahahahahaha [/b][/quote]
    You need the entire state to help support the non working welfare sucking people living in NYC. I am all for spliting up the state into Three seperate states: NYC, Long Island, and Upstate. But the majority of people making money in NYC do not live there, so it will never happen who will take care of non working liberals.

Hall Of Fame
    WF-

Did you listen? Arnold reminded everyone that the big things we share-a strong America in foreign policy and economic libetarianism sprinkled with a strong sense of community-matters more that arguing about social issues. Compared to the lockstep Dems, th Republicans have a much bigger and more tolerant tent. I might disagree with Arnold, Guiliani(who I&#39;ve voted for) and MCCain(who happens to be pro-life and also voted for) on social issues. But on the things that matter, I&#39;ll trust them before I ever trust Hillary&#33; or Kerry. We&#39;ve agreed to disgree on abortion.

Keep in mind-when ever a Dem steps out against their interest groups-the late Gov. Casey on abortion , Senator Lieberman and Zell Miller about this war-they get treated like garbage. Maria Shriver&#39;s father, for example, was the last prolife Dem on a presidential ticket as McGovern&#39;s running mate in 1972. He spent the rest of his life getting shunted aside in his own party due to that, even with his Kennedy wife.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Uncle_Herm+Sep 1 2004, 10:35 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Uncle_Herm @ Sep 1 2004, 10:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by latinlawyer@Sep 1 2004, 09:11 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-chiefst2000[/i]@Sep 1 2004, 09:42 AM

LL

2020 Jenna Bush for Prez...hahahahahaha [/b][/quote]
    You need the entire state to help support the non working welfare sucking people living in NYC. I am all for spliting up the state into Three seperate states: NYC, Long Island, and Upstate. But the majority of people making money in NYC do not live there, so it will never happen who will take care of non working liberals. [/b][/quote]
    True, there are a lot of welfare people here in NYC but we also boast the BIGGEST TOURISM industry in the Country, we have so much money in Corp. Tax that get sent to Albany that never trickles back to NYC, we have income tax that that all NYC people pay but that their children (through school aid) never recieve.

Believe me, Upstate NY would NEVER cut off its golden Goose (NYC). As for Long Island, their property taxes are insane and they pay Cops a ton of dough....they need NYS to bail them out.

I say NYC and LI become independent States. Let&#39;s see which does better...I&#39;d say...NYC...bigger tax base through corps and Tourism....

LL

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Sep 1 2004, 09:26 AM
    [b] Hilarious.....Arnold has more Liberal positions that I do on the ISSUES, yet he gets the praise of the Cons (on this MB of course) and I am harrassed daily as a Closet Liberal.

Nice. Well, in any event, I DO like Arnold, but I missed the speech (and all Right-Wing Radio was talking about this mornign was the apparently incredable inappropriateness of the Bush Daughters "speech" last night, and the Moral Conservatives outrage over it).

So, how were the speeches really?? [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s not hilarious, it&#39;s the changing face of the GOP that the media doesn&#39;t want to cover.

The rats are known as "the party of inclusion" yet all you had at their convention were cookie cutter libs who were pro-abortion, pro-government and pro-internationalism.

Fast forward the GOP convention where both pro & anti abortion people are key note speakers as well as those who feel some sort of gun restriction is neccesary. Hell....a democratic Senator is the keynote speaker tonight&#33;&#33;

Colin Powell was a key not speaker in &#39;96 and told the convention he was for affirmative action and abortion.

Ron Kuby here on WABC said Monday that looking at the convention floor all he saw were a "lot of white men"...I turned on C-Span five minutes later and saw as many blacks, women, latinos and other minorities as anything else.

Yet all the media talks about is how "Guiliani and Arnold don&#39;t fit the conservative mold."

Maybe they should focus their attention on the hypocrisy of "the party of inclusion" which is anything but that in action.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Sep 1 2004, 09:26 AM
    [b] Hilarious.....Arnold has more Liberal positions that I do on the ISSUES, yet he gets the praise of the Cons (on this MB of course) and I am harrassed daily as a Closet Liberal.

So, how were the speeches really?? [/b][/quote]
    STYX,

For all your comments about how con&#39;s here (like myself) speak with one brain I have to disagree. I agree with 98% of Guiliani and Schwartzeneger&#39;s views. Many of us NorthEastern republicans fall into that category..

As for the speaches last night, Arnold was terrific. Even liberals would agree that the guy hit a home run. The whole part with the Bush twins was cute but at the same time difficult to watch. They were joking around way too much and the jokes were not very funny. They seemed to be there to appeal to younger voters. Well I&#39;m just under 30 and they didn&#39;t really appeal to me. Maybe the under 21 crowd. You&#39;d have to ask Bman about that though :P

Anyhew, Laura Bush went next. She had some nice things to say the gist of which regarding the difficult decisions the president has had to make. Considering the fact that she followed some great speakers and she is fairly inexperienced in the situation she did well.

All in all it was a very successfull night. In hindsight I think it would have been better to put Guiliani on after Arnold instead of Laura B. His speech on Monday night was one of the best I&#39;ve heard in years. The problem is that I&#39;m sure not enough people were watching on Monday.

All League
    [quote][b]While I believe that abortion should be legal, I disagree with the Democrats who believe that ALL abortion should be legal.[/b][/quote]

That is not a fair statement for either party. The Republican platform is to abolish abortion. It is one of their tenants. Also the democrates don&#39;t want all abortions to be legal. They want to thwart the Republicans from banning abortion. They want to ensure the safety of the women involved.