Thread: Matt Lauer,

All Pro
    Interviewing John Edwards this morning, and Edwards mentions (with a straight face) that insurance premiums are up how ever many percent. Millions of people have lost health insurance. Edwards apparently doesn't see his part in this; maybe he was too busy 'channeling' another victim.

Smarmy little bastard, isn't he? Then again, most ambulance chasers are.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

High health insurance premiums are Bush's fault... :blink:

[quote][i]Originally posted by Thor99[/i]@Sep 2 2004, 06:58 AM
    [b] Interviewing John Edwards this morning, and Edwards mentions (with a straight face) that insurance premiums are up how ever many percent. Millions of people have lost health insurance. Edwards apparently doesn't see his part in this; maybe he was too busy 'channeling' another victim.

Smarmy little bastard, isn't he? Then again, most ambulance chasers are. [/b][/quote]
    And if some bottom of his class, poorly educated schmuck MD killed YOUR wife, or YOUR mother, or YOUR newborn through his blatant ignorant screwup, I am sure YOU would never think to use the legal system, right? :blink: :rolleyes: :blink:

Everyone hates Lawyers right up till the second they desperately need one (or think they can get something for nothing, the Modern American Way, for BOTH right & left wingers!)

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish+Sep 2 2004, 04:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Warfish @ Sep 2 2004, 04:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Thor99[/i]@Sep 2 2004, 06:58 AM
    [b] Interviewing John Edwards this morning, and Edwards mentions (with a straight face) that insurance premiums are up how ever many percent. Millions of people have lost health insurance. Edwards apparently doesn&#39;t see his part in this; maybe he was too busy &#39;channeling&#39; another victim.

Smarmy little bastard, isn&#39;t he? Then again, most ambulance chasers are. [/b][/quote]
    And if some bottom of his class, poorly educated schmuck MD killed YOUR wife, or YOUR mother, or YOUR newborn through his blatant ignorant screwup, I am sure YOU would never think to use the legal system, right? :blink: :rolleyes: :blink:

Everyone hates Lawyers right up till the second they desperately need one (or think they can get something for nothing, the Modern American Way, for BOTH right & left wingers&#33;) [/b][/quote]
    Well, if I had personal responsibility, I would have a good job, good insurance and wouldn&#39;t have to go to the bottom of the barrell doc, right?

Something for Nothing? Should&#39;ve been the theme song at the DNC.

[quote][b]Well, if I had personal responsibility, I would have a good job, good insurance and wouldn&#39;t have to go to the bottom of the barrell doc, right?[/b][/quote]

Nice answer. I&#39;m sure you check up on the resume and education of every doctor you visit. Dead Mother. Dead Wife. Dead Newborn. But no WAY you would sue, right?

So I take it that if the MD who screwed up was #1 from the Best Medical School in the USA you would NOT consider legal matters at all?

[quote][b]Something for Nothing? Should&#39;ve been the theme song at the DNC.[/b][/quote]

Right, because Republicans (and Independants for that matter) NEVER sue anybody and NEVER abuse the legal system for their own gain. What a joke.

All Pro
    [quote][b]Nice answer. I&#39;m sure you check up on the resume and education of every doctor you visit. [/b][/quote]

You&#39;re damn skippy I do.

[quote][b]Dead Mother. Dead Wife. Dead Newborn. But no WAY you would sue, right?[/b][/quote]

Of course I would sue in that case, anyone in their right mind would. However, WF, even you have to admit that this society has gotten over litigious. There are too many unecessary lawsuits today.

[quote][b]Right, because Republicans (and Independants for that matter) NEVER sue anybody and NEVER abuse the legal system for their own gain. What a joke.[/b][/quote]

I was actually referring to the free handouts that the lefties like so much.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Sep 2 2004, 06:58 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Well, if I had personal responsibility, I would have a good job, good insurance and wouldn&#39;t have to go to the bottom of the barrell doc, right?[/b][/quote]

Nice answer. I&#39;m sure you check up on the resume and education of every doctor you visit. Dead Mother. Dead Wife. Dead Newborn. But no WAY you would sue, right?

So I take it that if the MD who screwed up was #1 from the Best Medical School in the USA you would NOT consider legal matters at all?

[quote][b]Something for Nothing? Should&#39;ve been the theme song at the DNC.[/b][/quote]

Right, because Republicans (and Independants for that matter) NEVER sue anybody and NEVER abuse the legal system for their own gain. What a joke. [/b][/quote]
    Fish as usual you have it wrong..Did you ever work in a Hospital??
    I did in the early 70&#39;s..I worked on Ambulances and also alot of the
    Surgeons Cars..I asked them do you ever have a day when you can&#39;t
    do anything right? All of them said;Of course were only Human..Has a
    death ever resulted because I wasn&#39;t perfect that day? Yes again..But
    if you can&#39;t handle that and weigh it against ALL the Good you do and
    the lives you saved that many thought couldn&#39;t be then you could never
    be a Surgeon&#33;&#33; Suing a quack is 1 thing..Suing a Dr with a Great reputation
    is something else again..And unless by suing you can bring back a lost
    Family member it all becomes Money for the Lawyer and Medical Costs
    for the Consumer&#33;&#33; Doctors are not God Fish..OOOps did that insult you? :lol:

All League
    Even doctors with the best resumes can F up byu being negligent.

[quote][b]Fish as usual you have it wrong..Did you ever work in a Hospital??
    I did in the early 70&#39;s..I worked on Ambulances and also alot of the
    Surgeons Cars..I asked them do you ever have a day when you can&#39;t
    do anything right? All of them said;Of course were only Human..Has a
    death ever resulted because I wasn&#39;t perfect that day? Yes again..But
    if you can&#39;t handle that and weigh it against ALL the Good you do and
    the lives you saved that many thought couldn&#39;t be then you could never
    be a Surgeon&#33;&#33; Suing a quack is 1 thing..Suing a Dr with a Great reputation
    is something else again..And unless by suing you can bring back a lost
    Family member it all becomes Money for the Lawyer and Medical Costs
    for the Consumer&#33;&#33; Doctors are not God Fish..OOOps did that insult you? [/b][/quote]

Actually Sav, I HAVE worked in a Hospital, and much more recently that you I might add. My father worked in Hospitals for decades, and I worked in one for a few years, as well as a few years working for an HMO. So I DO have some real world knowledge on this topic too, thanks.

If a MD screws up, great rep or not, top of his class or not, he WILL get sued today and should. Risk vs. Reward. You want to be an MD, make more &#036;&#036; than 95% of the US population, well guess what, some risk comes along with that. Fact is MD is a job where blatant screw ups are not acceptable and SHOULD have severe repurcussion. If anyone else blatantly screwed up doing their job, and someone died or was maimed/damaged, they would be facing a hell of alot more than a lawsuit. They would be facing prison time.

Or do you think that an MD who blatantly screws up should be let off because he was top of his class or because he has a good rep?? I guess your saying you wouldn&#39;t sue, eh Sav? Right.....sure you wouldn&#39;t.

Like I said, EVERYONE Hates Lawyers till they need one.

Oh, and no Sav, not offended at all, thanks. :lol:

Everyone hates attorneys...until they f up and then they come crawling to us for help...

"Ya gotta help me, i had a few beers and drove...."

"Ya gotta help me, this bastard rear-ended me and now my back is hurt"

"Ya gotta help me, my stock broker recommended this stock even though he knew it was tanking"

"Ya gotta help me, the hospital doctor amputated the wrong foot"

"Ya gotta help me, my son fell and broke his arm on some broken sidewalk"

Yeah, all attys are the bad guys. Medical insurance costs are not just the result of Legal claims...they are also the cost of rising equipment costs, the rising costs of med school, the breaking down of hospitals that are public and public clinics....

There are scumbag attorneys out there...but then there are others who are not.

LL

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Sep 3 2004, 06:57 AM
    [b]
    Or do you think that an MD who blatantly screws up should be let off because he was top of his class or because he has a good rep?? I guess your saying you wouldn&#39;t sue, eh Sav? Right.....sure you wouldn&#39;t.

Like I said, EVERYONE Hates Lawyers till they need one.

Oh, and no Sav, not offended at all, thanks. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    My Father died of peronitis..One morning he woke up with a severe
    Stomach pain..It was a wed when alot of Dr&#39;s played Golf&#33; The Family
    Dr was among them&#33; His cover Dr was a young Man just out of doing
    his residency..After looking at my Fathers Medical records(He had Stomach
    Cancer operation earlier) he rushed him to the Hospital and underwent a
    Cancer exploratory operation..But by then my Father died of Peronitis from
    a burst appendix..My Mom met with the Dr who was near tears and said;Did
    you do your Best? He said yes.. She didn&#39;t sue..Years later he became a
    excellent Surgeon and operated on me once..So No Fish,not everyone
    Sues&#39; and looks for the Big Bucks..Now keep in mind this isn&#39;t about suing
    some quack unfit Dr,I&#39;m talking about a Dr that tried his best which at one
    time wasn&#39;t enough to save a life..