Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zell Miller

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url=http://miller.senate.gov/speeches/030101jjdinner.htm]Chickenhawk[/url]

Gotta love this off Miller's own website. Tough to critcize someone's voting record of 20 years, when 3 years ago you are introducing him as a hero...Let the spin begin...Maybe he "found God" and was reborn like the Bushies...or maybe its the liberal media. Sure Fox News or ABC for that matter wont be covering this. A chickenhawk with different colored feathers is still a chickenhawk. And about those weapons system votes that Miller criticized Kerry for making over a decade ago -- wasn't it true that while as secretary of defense Dick Cheney raised similar doubts about those very same systems?

Introduction of Senator John Kerry

Democratic Party of Georgia's
    Jefferson-Jackson Dinner

March 1, 2001

It is good to be back in Georgia and to be with you. I have been coming to these dinners since the 1950s, and have missed very few.

I'm proud to be Georgia's junior senator and I'm honored to serve with Max Cleland, who is as loved and respected as anyone in that body. One of our very highest priorities must be to make sure this man is re-elected in 2002 so he can continue to serve this state and nation.

I continue to be impressed with all that Governor Barnes and Lieutenant Governor Taylor and the Speaker and the General Assembly are getting done over at the Gold Dome. Georgia is fortunate to have this kind of leadership.

My job tonight is an easy one: to present to you one of this nation's authentic heroes, one of this party's best-known and greatest leaders and a good friend.

He was once a lieutenant governor but he didn't stay in that office 16 years, like someone else I know. It just took two years before the people of Massachusetts moved him into the United States Senate in 1984.

In his 16 years in the Senate, John Kerry has fought against government waste and worked hard to bring some accountability to Washington.

Early in his Senate career in 1986, John signed on to the Gramm-Rudman-Hollings Deficit Reduction Bill, and he fought for balanced budgets before it was considered politically correct for Democrats to do so.

John has worked to strengthen our military, reform public education, boost the economy and protect the environment. Business Week magazine named him one of the top pro-technology legislators and made him a member of its "Digital Dozen."

John was re-elected in 1990 and again in 1996 when he defeated popular Republican Governor William Weld in the most closely watched Senate race in the country.

John is a graduate of Yale University and was a gunboat officer in the Navy. He received a Silver Star, Bronze Star and three awards of the Purple Heart for combat duty in Vietnam. He later co-founded the Vietnam Veterans of America.

He is married to Teresa Heinz and they have two daughters.

As many of you know, I have great affection some might say an obsession for my two Labrador retrievers, Gus and Woodrow. It turns out John is a fellow dog lover, too, and he better be. His German Shepherd, Kim, is about to have puppies. And I just want him to know Gus and Woodrow had nothing to do with that.

Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome
    John Kerry

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by 4th&Long[/i]@Sep 2 2004, 03:22 PM
    [b] [url=http://miller.senate.gov/speeches/030101jjdinner.htm]Chickenhawk[/url]

Gotta love this off Miller's own website. Tough to critcize someone's voting record of 20 years, when 3 years ago you are introducing him as a hero...Let the spin begin...Maybe he "found God" and was reborn like the Bushies...or maybe its the liberal media. Sure Fox News or ABC for that matter wont be covering this. A chickenhawk with different colored feathers is still a chickenhawk. And about those weapons system votes that Miller criticized Kerry for making over a decade ago -- wasn't it true that while as secretary of defense Dick Cheney raised similar doubts about those very same systems?

Introduction of Senator John Kerry

Democratic Party of Georgia's
    Jefferson-Jackson Dinner

March 1, 2001

It is good to be back in Georgia and to be with you. I have been coming to these dinners since the 1950s, and have missed very few.

I'm proud to be Georgia's junior senator and I'm honored to serve with Max Cleland, who is as loved and respected as anyone in that body. One of our very highest priorities must be to make sure this man is re-elected in 2002 so he can continue to serve this state and nation.

I continue to be impressed with all that Governor Barnes and Lieutenant Governor Taylor and the Speaker and the General Assembly are getting done over at the Gold Dome. Georgia is fortunate to have this kind of leadership.

My job tonight is an easy one: to present to you one of this nation's authentic heroes, one of this party's best-known and greatest leaders and a good friend.

He was once a lieutenant governor but he didn't stay in that office 16 years, like someone else I know. It just took two years before the people of Massachusetts moved him into the United States Senate in 1984.

In his 16 years in the Senate, John Kerry has fought against government waste and worked hard to bring some accountability to Washington.

Early in his Senate career in 1986, John signed on to the Gramm-Rudman-Hollings Deficit Reduction Bill, and he fought for balanced budgets before it was considered politically correct for Democrats to do so.

John has worked to strengthen our military, reform public education, boost the economy and protect the environment. Business Week magazine named him one of the top pro-technology legislators and made him a member of its "Digital Dozen."

John was re-elected in 1990 and again in 1996 when he defeated popular Republican Governor William Weld in the most closely watched Senate race in the country.

John is a graduate of Yale University and was a gunboat officer in the Navy. He received a Silver Star, Bronze Star and three awards of the Purple Heart for combat duty in Vietnam. He later co-founded the Vietnam Veterans of America.

He is married to Teresa Heinz and they have two daughters.

As many of you know, I have great affection some might say an obsession for my two Labrador retrievers, Gus and Woodrow. It turns out John is a fellow dog lover, too, and he better be. His German Shepherd, Kim, is about to have puppies. And I just want him to know Gus and Woodrow had nothing to do with that.

Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome
    John Kerry [/b][/quote]
    [img]http://www.sywanyks.com/flip_flop5.jpg[/img]

My guess, he is anti-flip flop ;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too funny.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    3 years ago Kerry didn't vote against funding the troops in this war. 3 years ago Kerry & Dashle weren't holding up Homeland Security Bills in the Senate for political reasons.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So Zell can change his mind?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by 4th&Long[/i]@Sep 2 2004, 04:09 PM
    [b] So Zell can change his mind? [/b][/quote]
    He's seen his party hijacked by the radical left, Yah he's entitled to abandon that sinking ship.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    From Zell
    [quote][b]Twenty years of votes can tell you much more about a man than twenty weeks of campaign rhetoric. [/b][/quote]

[quote][b]For more than 20 years, on every one of the great issues of freedom and security, John Kerry has been more wrong, more weak and more wobbly than any other national figure.[/b][/quote]

Yet he also said this?

[quote][b]In his 16 years in the Senate, John Kerry has fought against government waste and worked hard to bring some accountability to Washington. [/b][/quote]

He liked his votes for 16 years apparently.

But he is a dem, so a waffle or 2 is not out of the norm.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by pope+Sep 2 2004, 04:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (pope @ Sep 2 2004, 04:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-4th&Long[/i]@Sep 2 2004, 04:09 PM
    He&#39;s seen his party hijacked by the radical left, Yah he&#39;s entitled to abandon that sinking ship. [/b][/quote]
    I dont have a problem with him switching parties, thats not my argument. He should go over to the Republican side. He fits right in.

Its funny how he is a "waffling" Democrat when need be and a GOP "friend" when it is convienient.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by 4th&Long+Sep 2 2004, 04:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (4th&Long @ Sep 2 2004, 04:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by pope@Sep 2 2004, 04:11 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-4th&Long[/i]@Sep 2 2004, 04:09 PM
    He&#39;s seen his party hijacked by the radical left, Yah he&#39;s entitled to abandon that sinking ship. [/b][/quote]
    I dont have a problem with him switching parties, thats not my argument. He should go over to the Republican side. He fits right in.

Its funny how he is a "waffling" Democrat when need be and a GOP "friend" when it is convienient. [/b][/quote]
    If you actually listened to his speech last night he layed out precisely why he&#39;s backing Bush. Made perfect sense to me.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by pope+Sep 2 2004, 04:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (pope @ Sep 2 2004, 04:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by 4th&Long@Sep 2 2004, 04:20 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by pope@Sep 2 2004, 04:11 PM

Its funny how he is a "waffling" Democrat when need be and a GOP "friend" when it is convienient. [/b][/quote]
    If you actually listened to his speech last night he layed out precisely why he&#39;s backing Bush. Made perfect sense to me. [/b][/quote]
    FOX NEWS ALERT:

John Kerry voted FOR 16 of the 19 Pentagon spending bills while he was in office. Since 1997, Kerry voted FOR every single regular DOD appropriation bill and FOR every authorization bill. John Kerry did NOT specifically vote against the Bradley Fighting Vehicle, did NOT specifically vote against the M1-A ABRAMS tank or the Patriot Missile (he has opposed extension of our nuclear capability, including Star Wars).

As Secretary of Defense Cheney called for:
    elimination of the Apache helicopter,
    Bradley Fighting Vehicle,
    the M-1s
    the F-14 and the F-16
    the B-2 bomber (which Kerry also opposed for its nuclear capabilities).
    the elimination of the MX missile.
    helped cut the defense budget by &#036;300 BILLION.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by 4th&Long+Sep 2 2004, 04:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (4th&Long @ Sep 2 2004, 04:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by pope@Sep 2 2004, 04:25 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by 4th&Long@Sep 2 2004, 04:20 PM

If you actually listened to his speech last night he layed out precisely why he&#39;s backing Bush. Made perfect sense to me. [/b][/quote]
    FOX NEWS ALERT:

John Kerry voted FOR 16 of the 19 Pentagon spending bills while he was in office. Since 1997, Kerry voted FOR every single regular DOD appropriation bill and FOR every authorization bill. John Kerry did NOT specifically vote against the Bradley Fighting Vehicle, did NOT specifically vote against the M1-A ABRAMS tank or the Patriot Missile (he has opposed extension of our nuclear capability, including Star Wars).

the M-1s
    the F-14 and the F-16
    helped cut the defense budget by &#036;300 BILLION. [/b][/quote]
    Specifically :lol:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by 4th&Long+Sep 2 2004, 04:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (4th&Long @ Sep 2 2004, 04:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by pope@Sep 2 2004, 04:25 PM

FOX NEWS ALERT:

the M-1s
    the F-14 and the F-16
    Light up Bill O&#39; Reilly&#39;s pipe with this and see if he&#39;ll smoke it:

Kerry voted for authorization of the &#036;87 billion to fund our troops in Iraq, but Bush wanted to veto that version of the bill because it would have reversed Bush&#39;s tax cuts for the wealthy to help defer the cost of the war.

Now if Kerry had some balls, he would point this out, but his advisors appear unable to get ruthless, i.e Karl Rove. Why arent they questioning Bush&#39;s (what?) military record or Cheney&#39;s 5 deferments or Rove&#39;s dodging?

I agree that the Republicans are brilliant strategists. I have never seen a convention where less is said about their plans for our country. They have reversed the focus from Bush on to Kerry and a war that happened 30 years ago. Instead of focusing on the mess they are in right now. Its brilliant electioneering. No doubt. Sad story for our country, that people respond to quips like "spitballs" and no one dares to ask or mention "Where is Osama?".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by 4th&Long[/i]@Sep 2 2004, 04:37 PM
    [b] I agree that the Republicans are brilliant strategists. I have never seen a convention where less is said about their plans for our country. They have reversed the focus from Bush on to Kerry and a war that happened 30 years ago. Instead of focusing on the mess they are in right now. Its brilliant electioneering. No doubt. Sad story for our country, that people respond to quips like "spitballs" and no one dares to ask or mention "Where is Osama?". [/b][/quote]
    Who came out and said "Reporting for Duty" at their convention?

Who made a 9 minute video of Vietnam to promote himself?

Who has tried to hide his 20 year Senate record behind 4 months in Vietnam?

What exactly is Kerry&#39;s plan? Besides raising taxes and asking the French for permission to go to war has anyone heard it?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]FOX NEWS ALERT:

the M-1s
    the F-14 and the F-16
    helped cut the defense budget by &#036;300 BILLION.
    [/b][/quote]

Stop annoying people with Facts, they don&#39;t like it. :blink:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by 4th&Long+Sep 2 2004, 04:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (4th&Long @ Sep 2 2004, 04:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by 4th&Long@Sep 2 2004, 04:31 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by pope@Sep 2 2004, 04:25 PM

FOX NEWS ALERT:

the M-1s
    the F-14 and the F-16
    Light up Bill O&#39; Reilly&#39;s pipe with this and see if he&#39;ll smoke it:

Kerry voted for authorization of the &#036;87 billion to fund our troops in Iraq, but Bush wanted to veto that version of the bill because it would have reversed Bush&#39;s tax cuts for the wealthy to help defer the cost of the war.

Now if Kerry had some balls, he would point this out, but his advisors appear unable to get ruthless, i.e Karl Rove. Why arent they questioning Bush&#39;s (what?) military record or Cheney&#39;s 5 deferments or Rove&#39;s dodging?

I agree that the Republicans are brilliant strategists. I have never seen a convention where less is said about their plans for our country. They have reversed the focus from Bush on to Kerry and a war that happened 30 years ago. Instead of focusing on the mess they are in right now. Its brilliant electioneering. No doubt. Sad story for our country, that people respond to quips like "spitballs" and no one dares to ask or mention "Where is Osama?". [/b][/quote]
    This is the key part of your post...."Now if Kerry had some balls"...that&#39;s the problem with Kerry, he has NO BALLS&#33;

You can spin all you want about Zell Miller flip flopping, but the bottom line and this is where so many people still don&#39;t get it...9/11&#33; Simple as that&#33;

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by pope+Sep 2 2004, 04:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (pope &#064; Sep 2 2004, 04:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by 4th&Long@Sep 2 2004, 04:31 PM

FOX NEWS ALERT:

the M-1s
    the F-14 and the F-16
    Specifically :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Thats pretty funny...

Your response is to point out the word "specifically" yet you completely ignored the rest of the post you quoted regarding Dick Cheney. :blink:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by 4th&Long[/i]@Sep 2 2004, 04:37 PM
    [b] I agree that the Republicans are brilliant strategists. I have never seen a convention where less is said about their plans for our country. [/b][/quote]
    So you didn&#39;t watch the Democratic convention?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by IndianaJet+Sep 2 2004, 04:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (IndianaJet &#064; Sep 2 2004, 04:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by pope@Sep 2 2004, 04:33 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by 4th&Long@Sep 2 2004, 04:31 PM

FOX NEWS ALERT:

the M-1s
    the F-14 and the F-16
    Thats pretty funny...

Your response is to point out the word "specifically" yet you completely ignored the rest of the post you quoted regarding Dick Cheney. :blink: [/b][/quote]
    Is Dick Cheney running for president?

By the way I&#39;ve seen how Dick Cheney has helped prosecute the War on Terror and I&#39;ve seen how Kerry the fraud has voted around this war. But thanks for playing.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by pope+Sep 2 2004, 05:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (pope @ Sep 2 2004, 05:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by IndianaJet@Sep 2 2004, 04:57 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by pope@Sep 2 2004, 04:33 PM

FOX NEWS ALERT:

the M-1s
    the F-14 and the F-16
    Thats pretty funny...

Your response is to point out the word "specifically" yet you completely ignored the rest of the post you quoted regarding Dick Cheney. :blink: [/b][/quote]

By the way I&#39;ve seen how Dick Cheney has helped prosecute the War on Terror and I&#39;ve seen how Kerry the fraud has voted around this war. But thanks for playing. [/b][/quote]
    Your kidding right :huh:

Thats your response? :huh: :huh:

Is Dick Cheney running for president??? :huh: :huh: :huh:

Pope I expected more from you then that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by IndianaJet+Sep 2 2004, 05:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (IndianaJet &#064; Sep 2 2004, 05:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by pope@Sep 2 2004, 05:03 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by IndianaJet@Sep 2 2004, 04:57 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by pope@Sep 2 2004, 04:33 PM

FOX NEWS ALERT:

the M-1s
    the F-14 and the F-16
    Thats pretty funny...

By the way I&#39;ve seen how Dick Cheney has helped prosecute the War on Terror and I&#39;ve seen how Kerry the fraud has voted around this war. But thanks for playing. [/b][/quote]
    Your kidding right :huh:

Thats your response? :huh: :huh:

Is Dick Cheney running for president??? :huh: :huh: :huh:

Pope I expected more from you then that. [/b][/quote]
    You conveinently left out the other portion of the response so I&#39;ll explain it again.

I&#39;ve seen what Cheney has done for the last 4 years and I&#39;ve seen how Kerry has responded to what this administration has done. I&#39;m pretty satisfied with what I&#39;ve seen from Cheney and appaled by what I&#39;ve seen from democrats like Kerry, capeche?.