Thread: Typical rethuglican tactics

Yesterday, mrs. gobbles was at the local democratic headquarters getting some Kerry signs for our front lawn. An old man was there getting some more signs because the republicans took his old ones. Typical...trespassing on an old man's lawn and taking his property. Nice compassionate conservatism on display.

"Mr. President, I'm only ten. What can I do to help you get reselected?"
    "Steal all of the Kerry signs that you can....and thank a veteran."

[img]http://www.bartcop.com/nix_ken_Debate.jpg[/img]

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by gobbles[/i]@Sep 2 2004, 05:36 PM
    [b] Yesterday, mrs. gobbles was at the local democratic headquarters getting some Kerry signs for our front lawn. An old man was there getting some more signs because the republicans took his old ones. Typical...trespassing on an old man's lawn and taking his property. Nice compassionate conservatism on display.

"Mr. President, I'm only ten. What can I do to help you get reselected?"

[/b][/quote]
    Did the people, or more likely kids, knock on his door and say, "Hi, we're republicans, and we're taking your signs."?

Maybe they left a note.

Maybe he needs his signs subsidized to get over the horror. Then he can hire John Edwards so he can get paid, to ease his pain and suffering.

[Maybe he needs his signs subsidized to get over the horror. Then he can hire John Edwards so he can get paid, to ease his pain and suffering.]

Or he could hire Mel Martinez. Or he could find somebody who had nothing to do with stealing his signs...like Iraq, and invade them.

[img]http://www.bartcop.com/swiftboat-jesus.jpg[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    Did Al Gore grow that beard for a while just in case the Taliban won?

[Did Al Gore grow that beard for a while just in case the Taliban won? ]

What am I his mother? How the f**k should I know?
    Did George Bush Jr. do all that blow for a while just in case the Colombians invaded Texas?

[img]http://www.bartcop.com/zell-rove.gif[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    John Kerry married his mother. Tereza Heinz [b]YOU OLD BATTALACK![/b]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

They should be like the rats and resort to outright violence and intimidation to get their point across:

[b]Shots fired at GOP offices in Huntington[/b]

Someone shot at the headquarters of the Republican Party in downtown Huntington Thursday night during President George W. Bush’s acceptance speech, according to police.

No one was hurt in the incident, which happened just after 10 p.m., said Huntington Police Sgt. Dan Underwood. A window in the building at 1402 Fourth Ave. was damaged with a single shot from either a pellet gun or a small-caliber handgun, Underwood said.

The bullet or pellet put a small hole in the window.

Witnesses inside the building called police after hearing a loud crack but didn’t see anyone suspicious in the area around the time of the shooting, Underwood said. Police had no leads or suspects Thursday night.

[url=http://www.wvgazette.com/section/News/Other%20News/200409037]http://www.wvgazette.com/section/News/Othe...0News/200409037[/url]

[quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Sep 5 2004, 11:40 AM
    [b]They should be like the rats and resort to outright violence and intimidation to get their point across:

Someone shot at the headquarters of the Republican Party in downtown Huntington Thursday night during President George W. Bush’s acceptance speech, according to police.

No one was hurt in the incident, which happened just after 10 p.m., said Huntington Police Sgt. Dan Underwood. A window in the building at 1402 Fourth Ave. was damaged with a single shot from either a pellet gun or a small-caliber handgun, Underwood said.

Witnesses inside the building called police after hearing a loud crack but didn’t see anyone suspicious in the area around the time of the shooting, Underwood said. Police had no leads or suspects Thursday night.

[url=http://www.wvgazette.com/section/News/Other%20News/200409037]http://www.wvgazette.com/section/News/Othe...0News/200409037[/url][/b][/quote]
    Did the people, or more likely kids, knock on the door and say, "Hi, we're democrats and we're gonna shoot a small hole in your window?"

Maybe they left a note.

Maybe they should ask for another tax cut so that they can repair the window. Maybe they should put John Ashcroft on the case. He's not doing anything right now.

Maybe it was some rethugs doing some target practice, a dry run before killing another abortion doctor. I wouldn't put it past them.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by gobbles+Sep 5 2004, 07:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (gobbles @ Sep 5 2004, 07:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Come Back to NY[/i]@Sep 5 2004, 11:40 AM
    [b]They should be like the rats and resort to outright violence and intimidation to get their point across:

[url=http://www.wvgazette.com/section/News/Other%20News/200409037]http://www.wvgazette.com/section/News/Othe...0News/200409037[/url][/b][/quote]
    Did the people, or more likely kids, knock on the door and say, "Hi, we&#39;re democrats and we&#39;re gonna shoot a small hole in your window?"

Maybe they left a note.

Maybe they should ask for another tax cut so that they can repair the window. Maybe they should put John Ashcroft on the case. He&#39;s not doing anything right now.

Maybe it was some rethugs doing some target practice, a dry run before killing another abortion doctor. I wouldn&#39;t put it past them. [/b][/quote]
    Typical liberal stooge...try and justify acts of horror committed by the "party of inclusion"....of course it could not be that a few kids were pranksters and stole the signs...and of course stealing the signs is much, much worse then firing a gun through a window.

[...try and justify acts of horror committed by the "party of inclusion]

Hi, here&#39;s a guide for future posts so that you don&#39;t look like a tool.

Acts of horror:
    1.) The 9/11 attacks.
    2.) The holocaust.
    3.) The genocide in Rwanda
    4.) The crimes of Westley Allan Dodd

Not Acts of Horror:
    1.) [b]Unknown assailants shooting a hole in a window with a pellet gun.[/b]

Hope that helps.
    You&#39;re welcome.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by gobbles[/i]@Sep 6 2004, 06:50 AM
    [b] [...try and justify acts of horror committed by the "party of inclusion]

Hi, here&#39;s a guide for future posts so that you don&#39;t look like a tool.

Acts of horror:
    1.) The 9/11 attacks.
    2.) The holocaust.
    3.) The genocide in Rwanda
    4.) The crimes of Westley Allan Dodd

Not Acts of Horror:
    1.) [b]Unknown assailants shooting a hole in a window with a pellet gun.[/b]

Hope that helps.
    You&#39;re welcome. [/b][/quote]
    Again....try and justify comparing lawn signs stolen versus people shooting through a window...only a lib could try to pull that one off.

Maxman
    You guys should be embarassed by this thread.

Hall Of Fame
    What you view as some ghastly political attack may just be teens pranking you. Heck, when we were teenagers, late night beer-fueled "borrowing" of lawn jockeys, garden gnomes, pumpkins, lawn furniture, and in one particularly ambitious occasion, a mailbox, was something of a competitive sport. Then, you&#39;d load up all the items in fornt of a friend or neighbors&#39; door such that they only got out with great difficulty.

Would also note that my Bush lawn sign has been secure and untouched for over 2 months.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by gobbles[/i]@Sep 2 2004, 05:36 PM
    [b] Yesterday, mrs. gobbles was at the local democratic headquarters getting some Kerry signs for our front lawn. An old man was there getting some more signs because the republicans took his old ones. Typical...trespassing on an old man&#39;s lawn and taking his property. Nice compassionate conservatism on display.

"Mr. President, I&#39;m only ten. What can I do to help you get reselected?"

[img]http://www.bartcop.com/nix_ken_Debate.jpg[/img] [/b][/quote]
    Funny. My sisters Bush/Cheney signs were stolen.

And I thought only Republicans would steal signs.

P.S. Using a Kennedy as a reference may not be the best way to prove honesty.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I wonder how long before the rats brand these guys liars. <_<

[b]New Group of Viet Vets in Anti-Kerry Ad Push[/b]

After the stunning success of anti-John Kerry ads produced by the group Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, a separate group of Vietnam veterans is planning to open a new front - in a move that could leave the Democratic nominee sorry he ever mentioned Vietnam as a campaign issue.

Special Forces veteran Ted Sampley, co-founder with Mike Benge and Jerry Kiley of Vietnam Veterans Against John Kerry, tells Ad Week magazine that his group has launched a local spot buy targeting military family-rich areas in North Carolina.

The ads started last week on Fox affiliates in the area, covering key military installations at Camp LeJeune, Marine Corp Air Station Cherry Point and Seymour Johnson AFB.

Sampley tells Ad Week he&#39;s currently negotiating further media buys that will reach Fort Bragg and Pope AFB.

While VVAJK has been around for more than a year, the group&#39;s entry into the Kerry ad wars is brand new and could showcase as never before the deep resentment Vietnam veterans feel about Kerry&#39;s anti-war activities with the group Vietnam Veterans Against the War.

Sampley&#39;s first ad covers information that&#39;s been hushed up by the mainstream press: Kerry&#39;s participation in a 1971 VVAW meeting in Kansas City where the assassination of several pro-war U.S. senators was plotted and voted on.

The Kerry campaign at first denied that the top Democrat was present, but was forced to retract the claim when the New York Sun unearthed FBI files that placed him at the meeting. Kerry claimed he voted no on the plot and then resigned from the group.

Sampley&#39;s 60-second spot blasts the White House hopeful for his leadership role in the VVAW, calling it "one of America&#39;s most radical, pro-Communist, anti-war groups" and accusing Kerry of having "marched in demonstrations carrying the flags of the America&#39;s enemies, the Vietcong and the North Vietnamese."

The spot also charges that Kerry "used the blood of U.S. servicemen, still fighting on the battlefields of Vietnam, for his own political advancement."

In a twist that&#39;s likely to confound critics, Sampley&#39;s group has rejected nonprofit status and is not operating as the kind of 527 group that both the Bush and Kerry campaigns have condemned.

Instead, the veterans advocate says, his anti-Kerry ads are for-profit advertising for his newspaper, U.S. Veteran Dispatch.