Thread: GOP Mudslinging

[quote][b]How else to explain the stuff Miller just made up? "Today's Democratic leaders," he said, "see America as an occupier, not a liberator." Excuse me, but which Democratic leader is he talking about?

"In their warped way of thinking," Miller said of members of the party he addressed 12 years ago, "America is the problem, not the solution. They don't believe there is any real danger in the world except that which America brings upon itself through our clumsy and misguided foreign policy." He is talking here about a Democratic Party that rallied to President Bush after Sept. 11 and was almost unanimous in supporting the war against the Taliban.

[b]"Senator Kerry," Miller added at one point, "has made it clear that he would use military force only if approved by the United Nations." Has made it clear? Here's what Kerry said in his acceptance speech last month: "I will never give any nation or international institution a veto over our national security." Now that's pretty clear. [/b]

Thank the Lord that there are still Republicans who have not been poisoned by the philosophy of win-at-any-price. In the early hours of Thursday morning, I ran into Sen. John McCain, who spontaneously brought up Miller's speech. [b]"I think it backfires," McCain said, his face a picture of genuine astonishment. "It makes [Pat] Buchanan's speech in Houston look like milquetoast."[/b] McCain was referring to Buchanan's "culture wars" speech, widely thought to have damaged the first President Bush at the 1992 Republican convention.

But these Bush guys are smart. Note that they made sure the most incendiary words spoken at this convention came from the mouth of a nominal Democrat. If the backlash McCain predicts develops, they can lay the blame on old Zell, the disgruntled member of Kerry's party. And Miller was so rabid that when Dick Cheney started piling his own mud on Kerry a few minutes later, the vice president looked like a mild-mannered college professor.

But Cheney was no less adept than Miller at distorting Kerry's record. [b]Consider this Cheney characterization of what Kerry said in his acceptance speech. "He declared at the Democratic convention that he will forcefully defend America -- after we have been attacked. My fellow Americans, we have already been attacked. We are faced with an enemy who seeks the deadliest of weapons to use against us, and we cannot wait for the next attack."

What Kerry actually said -- in a speech that repeatedly referred to the ongoing war on terrorism -- was this: "Let there be no mistake: I will never hesitate to use force when it is required. Any attack will be met with a swift and a certain response." [/b][/b][/quote]

[url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A57835-2004Sep2.html]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...5-2004Sep2.html[/url]

:ph34r: lap it up you lyin animals... when it all backfires you can blame Zell and Cheney

Hall Of Fame
    Poor Bitonti. Poor, misguided Bitonti.

Reduced to this. You're pathetic, man. You bear a grudge against some rich kid at Bedoin because he got the gig as QB and according to you, didn't deserve it. Boo hoo hoo. Life isn't fair. "They" fcked me.

It's ok Bitonti, you and I are alot alike. I did the same thing when I was 19 years old, when I was in the Navy and I saw somebody get a meritorious advancement that I determined they were not qualified for.

[i]I[/i] didn't like that.
    [i]I[/i] was cheated.

I didn't want to accept the reality that a minor thing like that still did not prevent me from exploring and taking advantage of all the opportunities that were made available to me [b]IF I'D BE WILLING TO WORK FOR THEM[/b].

But see, my whole life was a cop out. I didn't want to [b]work[/b] for anything. I wasn't mad because this person got a freebie; I was mad because I didn't.

It's so much easier sulking and pissing and moaning and blaming others for my lot in life. Who wants to work for anything?

John Kerry is a dangerous fool, Bitonti. By your own admission, the only reason you are going to vote for him is he's "not Bush".

You hate Bush because...?

Well go ahead, Bitonti. List all the reasons you've told me time and time again. Tell me how I'm a "sellout". :lol:

I just love to rip your logic to shreds. And I hope everybody else on this board is as entertained and amused by it as I am.

Hall Of Fame
    And Georgre Soros and Moveon.org with their $62 million running ads depicting Bush as Hitler for over 1 year is polite and erudite discussion of issues of the day? Right.

The Islamofascists want to kill and destroy us. On 9/11, they killed a good friend and neighbors. Given any chance, they'll visit death on you and yours and your PC attitude gets you no free pass. Bush understands how serious this is.

Kerry wants to pretend that this is a law enforcement problem, which didn't work under CLinton. He wants a more sensitive war, which means we have to ask permission from the UN and make nice with France and Germany, which is pointless.

Kerry isn't serious. He wants to be elected, but the man is hollow and empty.Edwards is even worse. We cannot trust these finger-in-the-air imbeciles to run AMerica. And for Kerry to run an event ad midnight and give an awful weak stump speech (Yanks up only 2.5?) was petty and small. And it wreaks of desperation.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Sep 3 2004, 12:04 AM
    [b] [quote][b]How else to explain the stuff Miller just made up? "Today's Democratic leaders," he said, "see America as an occupier, not a liberator." Excuse me, but which Democratic leader is he talking about?

"In their warped way of thinking," Miller said of members of the party he addressed 12 years ago, "America is the problem, not the solution. They don't believe there is any real danger in the world except that which America brings upon itself through our clumsy and misguided foreign policy." He is talking here about a Democratic Party that rallied to President Bush after Sept. 11 and was almost unanimous in supporting the war against the Taliban.

[b]"Senator Kerry," Miller added at one point, "has made it clear that he would use military force only if approved by the United Nations." Has made it clear? Here's what Kerry said in his acceptance speech last month: "I will never give any nation or international institution a veto over our national security." Now that's pretty clear. [/b]

Thank the Lord that there are still Republicans who have not been poisoned by the philosophy of win-at-any-price. In the early hours of Thursday morning, I ran into Sen. John McCain, who spontaneously brought up Miller's speech. [b]"I think it backfires," McCain said, his face a picture of genuine astonishment. "It makes [Pat] Buchanan's speech in Houston look like milquetoast."[/b] McCain was referring to Buchanan's "culture wars" speech, widely thought to have damaged the first President Bush at the 1992 Republican convention.

But these Bush guys are smart. Note that they made sure the most incendiary words spoken at this convention came from the mouth of a nominal Democrat. If the backlash McCain predicts develops, they can lay the blame on old Zell, the disgruntled member of Kerry's party. And Miller was so rabid that when Dick Cheney started piling his own mud on Kerry a few minutes later, the vice president looked like a mild-mannered college professor.

But Cheney was no less adept than Miller at distorting Kerry's record. [b]Consider this Cheney characterization of what Kerry said in his acceptance speech. "He declared at the Democratic convention that he will forcefully defend America -- after we have been attacked. My fellow Americans, we have already been attacked. We are faced with an enemy who seeks the deadliest of weapons to use against us, and we cannot wait for the next attack."

What Kerry actually said -- in a speech that repeatedly referred to the ongoing war on terrorism -- was this: "Let there be no mistake: I will never hesitate to use force when it is required. Any attack will be met with a swift and a certain response." [/b][/b][/quote]

[url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A57835-2004Sep2.html]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...5-2004Sep2.html[/url]

:ph34r: lap it up you lyin animals... when it all backfires you can blame Zell and Cheney [/b][/quote]
    Bitonti,

You have to realize that no amount of facts can stop outright lies. On MSNBC, they were saying Bush's speech was transcendental last night. The guy cant even form the S sound correctly. But thats ok because he joked about how stupid he is. And he made the same promises he made in 2000. He kept skittering, and twitching. A very bizarre speech. The only issue Bush can talk about is war, and its all empty bravado. Very bizarre how the smirk and robotic tone of last nights speech is getting rave reviews from "the liberal media".

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

The problem with kerri is he takes every side possible on every issue out there it is totally impossible to know where he stands, what he means or what he wants to do about it...again, during his desperation speech at midnight he said the "President mislead us into war"....meanwhile three weeks ago he said if he "knew the what he knows now" he still would've approved of the war against Iraq!! :blink: :blink: :blink:

As the President said when asked about the debates..."John Kerri needs to debate himself first!" :lol: :lol:

And the swiftboat controversy really backfired as you and Mccain claimed it would. :rolleyes:

Facts never backfire.

the purpose of this thread wasn't to talk about my innermost motivations or any of that BS

all im noting is that Cheney and Zell are saying things that are Blatantly untrue...putting words into Kerry's mouth... and this apparently bothers no one...

face it guys the GOP is the party of pure evil. The reason why Bush was skittish and great last night? Cocaine. You can't make this stuff up.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Sep 3 2004, 11:15 AM
    [b] the purpose of this thread wasn't to talk about my innermost motivations or any of that BS

all im noting is that Cheney and Zell are saying things that are Blatantly untrue...putting words into Kerry's mouth... and this apparently bothers no one...

face it guys the GOP is the party of pure evil. The reason why Bush was skittish and great last night? Cocaine. You can't make this stuff up. [/b][/quote]
    You don't have to be a sorehead about it.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Sep 3 2004, 11:15 AM
    [b] the purpose of this thread wasn't to talk about my innermost motivations or any of that BS

face it guys the GOP is the party of pure evil. The reason why Bush was skittish and great last night? Cocaine. You can't make this stuff up. [/b][/quote]
    Your posts are deteriorating into jibberish.

Pure Evil?

Wow man, your becoming unhinged.

But maybe your right, Maybe Kerry never voted to decrease military or intelligence spending and really ghost sponsored hundred of pieces of forward thinking and visionary legislation. But if he did, my guess is he could point to any of it.

At the very least a party that doesn't include Hillary Clinton and Ted Kennedy can't be the only 'pure evil' out there.

Moses is right. You're just bitter and looking for someone to blame.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Piper[/i]@Sep 4 2004, 07:20 AM
    [b] Moses is right. You're just bitter and looking for someone to blame. [/b][/quote]
    Can you imagine watching a movie like [i]DEAD POETS SOCIETY[/i] with this guy? he would just rant on and on about "rich kids of privelidge" and totally miss the point of the movie.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Sep 3 2004, 12:04 AM
    [b] [b]"Senator Kerry," Miller added at one point, "has made it clear that he would use military force only if approved by the United Nations." Has made it clear? Here's what Kerry said in his acceptance speech last month: "I will never give any nation or international institution a veto over our national security." Now that's pretty clear. [/b]

[/b][/quote]
    They didn't lie, you are so full of crap. That Kerry quote is something he said on Monday, but on Tuesday he said something else; on wednesday he's all for a West bank wall and on thursday he's vehemently against it... and on and on and on.

[img]http://www.independentsforkerry.org/uploads/images/kerry_quote1.gif[/img]

Kerry is constantly criticising Bush for not "doing enough to [b]work[/b] with the UN" and he says Bush rushed to war and didn't give diplomacy enough time.

The guy is a douche bag, we all know it.

he just says whatever he thinks people want to hear and any given moment.

"I'm for the act of threatening force but not actually using it".

Unreal. You have to be a complete douche bag to fall on a sword for this guy. Quit with the "I'm a dependant" crap, too. The only one your bullshtting is yourself.

how about when Bush said we couldn't win the war on terror... and two hours later he said we would...

i never said i would fall on a sword for Kerry but he's not Bush and that's really all that matters at this point.

Bush and the GOP used 9-11 as an excuse to run buckwild, and 4 more years of insane deficit spending will lead where Moses? Piper?

the gov't should be building stuff here in America, not in Iraq. they should secure our borders, not the border between afghanistan and pakistan (which they did a s--t job of)

even if your worldview calls for unending war id rather have Anthony Zinni or Wes Clark as Sec of Defense then Condi Rice. Bush's cabinet is god awful and getting worse.

[They didn't lie, you are so full of crap. That Kerry quote is something he said on Monday, but on Tuesday he said something else; on wednesday he's all for a West bank wall and on thursday he's vehemently against it... and on and on and on.]

"I'm george bush and I was against forming a department of homeland security..then I was for it."

"I also was against forming a 9/11 commission...then I was for it."

"Frankly I don't care where Bin Laden is."

Hall Of Fame
    I've know you for 16 years.

I've gone from Hunter S. Thompson to PJ O'Rourke as the writer I would most like to plagiarize.

And you? You've gone from Lester Bangs to-

Lester Bangs.

I have no time for lies or fantasy, and neither should you.

Zell Miller is a lying disloyal traitor.

If the GOP wants this cracker then they can have him!

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Sep 4 2004, 07:19 PM
    [b] Bush and the GOP used 9-11 as an excuse to run buckwild, and 4 more years of insane deficit spending will lead where Moses? Piper?

[/b][/quote]
    Deficit spending is required to get out of a recession. Is it over the top? I think so. But even when Bush does something fiscally conservative like jack up medicare premiums, he's lambasted by Flip Flopper.

I like the way you lib's don't try to defend Kerry's duplicity, just keep smearing Zell Miller, as if obfuscation will disguise it. Nice racket Kerry is running, take both sides of every issue and when somebody criticises him, he calls them a liar, or his flunkies and lackeys (that would include you, Bitonti) do his dirty work for him.

Pathetic.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by valleyjet[/i]@Sep 5 2004, 08:27 AM
    [b] Zell Miller is a lying disloyal traitor.

If the GOP wants this cracker then they can have him! [/b][/quote]

See track #2? Read it out loud.

[img]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002UAI.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg[/img]

Track Listings
    1. No Reply 7. Kansas City/Hey-Hey-Hey-Hey! [Medley]
    2. I'm a Loser 8. Eight Days a Week
    3. Baby's in Black 9. Words of Love
    4. Rock & Roll Music 10. Every Little Thing
    5. I'll Follow the Sun 11. I Don't Want to Spoil the Party
    6. Mr. Moonlight 12. What You're Doing