Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: kerry strikes back

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    "We all saw the anger and distortion of the Republican convention," Kerry said. "For the past week, they attacked my patriotism and my fitness to serve as commander-in-chief.

"Well, here's my answer: I'm not going to have my commitment to defend this country questioned by those who refused to serve when they could have and by those who have misled the nation into Iraq."

Go get em Kerry..those pussies are trying to scare everyone again..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can you ever recall another candidate having a midnight pep rally on the same night as his opponents convention ? Doesn't sound like the actions of someone in contol of the election and frankly sounds kinda desperate.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Sep 3 2004, 09:20 AM
    [b] "Well, here's my answer: I'm not going to have my commitment to defend this country questioned by those who refused to serve when they could have and by those who have misled the nation into Iraq."
    [/b][/quote]
    Puleeeeze.....this guy's like a broken record. Doesn't he have any other way to respond to an entire week of speeches? Honestly it, just sounds pretty petty to me....doesn't address a single issue that Bush brought up in his speech last night.

Also, saying that 2 people who have spent 4 years as President and Vice President of the United States (as well as many other years as public servents) "refused to serve [for their country] when they could have" is an absolutely rediculous statement.

Get this guy an actual platform to run on, then people might actually care about what comes out of his big, gaping mouth.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah but dude, he said the Red Sox were 2 1/2 out instead of 31/2...No way he can be trusted as President. Maybe he miscalculated. Later he said "The Red Sox cannot win the AL East", but the next day he changed his mind and the Sox "will win the AL East". Such a flip flopper :blink:

Funny how the chickenhawks will use anything to start squawking.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    John Kerry, with his '57 Varieties' of answers to every question, is done!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    50-50 right now..The election will be decided during the debates..THAT is when the undecided will decide...
    the RNC and DNC are commercials and are history.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by kevin45[/i]@Sep 3 2004, 09:30 AM
    [b] Can you ever recall another candidate having a midnight pep rally on the same night as his opponents convention ? Doesn't sound like the actions of someone in contol of the election and frankly sounds kinda desperate. [/b][/quote]
    Can you recall another convention with actual vocal protestors shouting at the President inside the arena while he is giving his speech?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, but do you think those protestestors helped or hurt Kerry ? Most people hate their friggin guts. All they did was make commuting tough for the people who actually had to go to work.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by kevin45[/i]@Sep 3 2004, 09:44 AM
    [b] No, but do you think those protestestors helped or hurt Kerry ? Most people hate their friggin guts. All they did was make commuting tough for the people who actually had to go to work. [/b][/quote]
    Actually, Id like to thank the GOP for coming to the city. My commute this week has been so easy. The trains coming in from NJ were empty, Penn Station was empty, and the subways were half-filled. Thanks Dubya!

I dont think those protestors will have much of an effect on the race to be honest. I think its funny that an administration that spews nothing but propaganda and uses terror alerts whenever they need to be noticed in polls had some reality thrown back in their face. But I am one of those radical lefties that you all like to yell about.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    it was kinda cool how bush speech had to stop though! all the camera zoomed in on the person being taken out!
    great theater!
    F-Bush

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    When the devil came he was not red :ph34r:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by 4th&Long[/i]@Sep 3 2004, 12:10 PM
    [b] I think its funny that an administration that spews nothing but propaganda and uses terror alerts whenever they need to be noticed in polls had some reality thrown back in their face. [/b][/quote]
    What I think is funny is how the two rat Senators of New York, Schiester and Clinton, never once spoke out against the violence of the kerri protestors even after they beat a NYPD unconscience...very telling.

Even more so was when kerri himself never asked his peeps to stay civilized....another missed opportunity for commando stupido.

[quote][b]Can you recall another convention with actual vocal protestors shouting at the President inside the arena while he is giving his speech? [/b][/quote]

'68...HH's own people were barking at him while the kids of his people were trying to get inside to kill him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Sep 3 2004, 02:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY &#064; Sep 3 2004, 02:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-4th&Long[/i]@Sep 3 2004, 12:10 PM
    [b] I think its funny that an administration that spews nothing but propaganda and uses terror alerts whenever they need to be noticed in polls had some reality thrown back in their face. [/b][/quote]
    What I think is funny is how the two rat Senators of New York, Schiester and Clinton, never once spoke out against the violence of the kerri protestors even after they beat a NYPD unconscience...very telling.

Even more so was when kerri himself never asked his peeps to stay civilized....another missed opportunity for commando stupido.

[quote][b]Can you recall another convention with actual vocal protestors shouting at the President inside the arena while he is giving his speech? [/b][/quote]

&#39;68...HH&#39;s own people were barking at him while the kids of his people were trying to get inside to kill him. [/b][/quote]
    I know about the &#39;68 convention. I meant in recent times. You are also making it seem as if it was Gangs of NY the past 4 days in NY. Blood running down the street with Bill the Butcher leading the charge.

I agree that violent anarchist protesting is not the way to go. I dont see anything wrong with demonstrations such as last Sunday&#39;s or the single file unemployment line that stretched for 3 miles from Wall St. to the Garden. And as Americans who I think believe in free speech, neither should all you GOPers.

And why should Kerry disavov himself from protestors, when Bush wont disavow himself from the slanderous Swift Boat Vets. 4 Truth

Oh yeah, the protestors are wrong and the Swift Boat vets ( many of whom praised Kerry as recently as 2 years ago - NY Times article - "liberal media" - I know I know)are right.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by kevin45[/i]@Sep 3 2004, 10:30 AM
    [b] Can you ever recall another candidate having a midnight pep rally [/b][/quote]
    Yeah..Sen Byrd used to hold those when he was Grand Wizard&#33;&#33; :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whats funny is none of the guys attacked Kerry servie record. The main speakers actually commended his service and criticized his service as Senator.

Some of the people at the convention wore those Purple Band Aids or whatever, but the speakers did not criticize him once for his military service.

Bunch of babies :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by 4th&Long+Sep 3 2004, 11:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (4th&Long @ Sep 3 2004, 11:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kevin45[/i]@Sep 3 2004, 09:44 AM
    [b] No, but do you think those protestestors helped or hurt Kerry ? Most people hate their friggin guts. All they did was make commuting tough for the people who actually had to go to work. [/b][/quote]
    Actually, Id like to thank the GOP for coming to the city. My commute this week has been so easy. The trains coming in from NJ were empty, Penn Station was empty, and the subways were half-filled. Thanks Dubya&#33;

I dont think those protestors will have much of an effect on the race to be honest. I think its funny that an administration that spews nothing but propaganda and uses terror alerts whenever they need to be noticed in polls had some reality thrown back in their face. But I am one of those radical lefties that you all like to yell about. [/b][/quote]
    And those protesters didnt make the commute worse, right? :blink: