Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kerry's desperation getting funny.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Showcased by that last minute makeshift rally last night after the convention.

He knows the ice is melting under his feet and he's being exposed as a 20 year paperweight in the US Senate.

His rants on Cheney were also priceless. The rambling of a desperate man. :lol:

people see what they want to see

Kerry was proactive because he had to be... the GOP was outright lying about him every chance they could on national tv... if he just sits there and takes it on the chin, he wouldn't be playing to win.

the way i see it the GOP has alot more to be worried about then Kerry. Kerry was never supposed to win this race, he has nothing to lose by trying to win. The GOP had 4 years to show how well they could govern and the highlight of this administration has been what exactly? 9-11? when we were ATTACKED?!

4 more years of irresponsible warmongering, tax cuts and ludicrous spending could really bone the nation's economy.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Sep 3 2004, 11:23 AM
    [b]people see what they want to see

Kerry was proactive because he had to be... the GOP was outright lying about him every chance they could on national tv... if he just sits there and takes it on the chin, he wouldn't be playing to win.

the way i see it the GOP has alot more to be worried about then Kerry. Kerry was never supposed to win this race, he has nothing to lose by trying to win. The GOP had 4 years to show how well they could govern and the highlight of this administration has been what exactly? 9-11? when we were ATTACKED?!

4 more years of irresponsible warmongering, tax cuts and ludicrous spending could really bone the nation's economy.[/b][/quote]
    [color=green][b]I agree. Even Tim Russert last night after the rally responded these exact words "IT'S ABOUT TIME - BUT HAS HE WAITED TOO LONG TO SPEAK OUT."

I think the very nature of the problem with the GOP this year is the fact that we have a President who never thinks about what he is saying. I mean, tell me who did not see the Matt Lauer interview & then hear him act the next day as if he never said we are in a "WAR WE CAN NOT WIN." Talk about waffling!

Sooth, if you look deeper into the troubles with our party you can understand why many young republicans are leaning away from the party & are considering either not voting, going GREEN PARTY or even Jumping Party lines.

There are many of us who have a huge distain for Dick Cheney - Come on, he still gets PAID by Haliburton on a WEEKLY BASIS. We Go to war in IRAC & the only company that can replace, build & repair everything is HALIBURTON?! [/b][/color]

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Sep 3 2004, 11:23 AM
    [b]4 more years of irresponsible warmongering, tax cuts and ludicrous spending could really bone the nation's economy.[/b][/quote]
    Where were the Democrats when all of this was going on? Voting FOR them, perhaps?

[url]www.votenader.org[/url]

it's not desperate..He doesn't want american to fall for GOP lies again..YOu know..like Saddam is a threat that warrants sending americans to their graves!

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by AlbanyJet+Sep 3 2004, 11:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (AlbanyJet @ Sep 3 2004, 11:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bitonti[/i]@Sep 3 2004, 11:23 AM
    [b]4 more years of irresponsible warmongering, tax cuts and ludicrous spending could really bone the nation&#39;s economy.[/b][/quote]
    Where were the Democrats when all of this was going on? Voting FOR them, perhaps?

[url]www.votenader.org[/url] [/b][/quote]
    [color=green][b]Albany. This is what happens when your HOUSE, SENATE & PRESIDENT are the majority of the same party&#33; Historically, the same thing happened durring the last 3 years of the Reagan administration, as well as the first 2 years of the 1st Bush administration. It took 6 years to get us out of the fire & it looks like it may take longer this time...[/b][/color]

that&#39;s true Baumer and to be completely fair, it wasn&#39;t until the dot.com bubble in the late 90&#39;s that Reagan&#39;s deficits were conquered... my question is does anyone really expect another dot.com bubble to save us? I sure as heck don&#39;t.

I respectfully disagree, Baumer.

America should not be in Iraq IMHO. Democrats rolled over for Bush and allowed this whole mess to take place. Kerry voted FOR the war in Iraq. Two weeks ago Kerry said that he would still authorize war even though we now know how bad the intelligence was. Unbelieveable&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Kerry is a horrible candidate. Period.

kerry is a horrible candidate..just another politician...
    but i will vote for him anyway..every vote counts when you have people like JEB counting&#33;

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Sep 3 2004, 12:47 PM
    [b] that&#39;s true Baumer and to be completely fair, it wasn&#39;t until the dot.com bubble in the late 90&#39;s that Reagan&#39;s deficits were conquered... my question is does anyone really expect another dot.com bubble to save us? I sure as heck don&#39;t. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah and that Bubble burst on Clintons watch not Dubya&#39;s&#33;&#33; And it
    was the Republician Congress after 40+ years of Dems that finally
    balanced the Budget&#33;&#33; :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Sep 3 2004, 11:47 AM
    [b] that&#39;s true Baumer and to be completely fair, it wasn&#39;t until the dot.com bubble in the late 90&#39;s that Reagan&#39;s deficits were conquered... my question is does anyone really expect another dot.com bubble to save us? I sure as heck don&#39;t. [/b][/quote]
    You do realize that the dot.com created unrealistic projections based on wild stock speculation and the &#39;surplus&#39; was an unsustainable by-product of that, don&#39;t you?

And it didn&#39;t really save anything...

Even still, Kerry winning might actually be the best thing in the long run for those of us who consider ourselves to be fiscal conservatives for several reasons:

1. It would insure that Hillary(a true criminal) wouldn&#39;t run in 2008
    2. It may force the GOP to consider that moving to the middle on several issues(spending, immigration) was what cost them this election.
    3. Kerry will continue the orgy of spending, because that is all he has ever done and if the Republicans can keep control of the Congress they will need to balance that reality by being more fiscally responsible.

The down side is that I believe the international situation will deteriorate because the rest of the world will again view the US as a paper tiger as Kerry asks the UN for permission before anyone in the US military even farts in the general direction of any other country.

anyone who labels and pigeonholes themselves by calling themselves a dem or rep. is an idiot&#33;

there are many more ways to look at the US than two&#33;
    the us is in trouble.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I am still an undecided voter.

The Republican party continues to try and use 9/11 as a sticking point as to why Bush should get another 4 years. That stuff is not working with me because this regime and goverment has made a ton of mistakes since 9/11. Iraq being the biggest and our support for The Saudi Royal Family and Goverment has been sickening.

I have nothing against George W.Bush. I voted for him over Al Gore and his "lockbox" in the last election. I actually kind of like G.W. as a person. He&#39;s a likeable guy. I just don&#39;t think that he and his regime have done a good job.

What I like about The republican party and this regime is that they are willing to use miltary force and to defend this country. While the democrats cater to european leaders and try and use every excuse not to be the worlds police.

The war against terrorism favors Bush and then again it doesn&#39;t. The country knows that this regime will be active in that area, but they also know that they will make the wrong choices.

Domestically, Bush and this regime have nothing to stand on. False promises don&#39;t hold water. Domestically, This country is a mess. The numbers don&#39;t lie and the republican party tries to use 9/11 as the reason for people losing jobs, for oil prices skyrocketing, for insurance, education and health care issues. 9/11 plays a part yes but the decisions and lack of action in these areas, speak for themselves. This regime has had 4 years to correct these areas and has not only failed but has set the country back.

My favorite term is "sustained progress". That term is used to describe education, healthcare, Iraq etc etc etc

That&#39;s like your offensive line giving up 8 sacks in week one and then only 7 in week 2,. That&#39;s "sustained progress" for ya.

John Kerry has poor leadership qualities, The republican party has done a tremendous job in showing how Kerry doesn&#39;t stand for what he believes in.Whether that is completely true or not, is up for debate but they have created reasonable doubt and you can&#39;t deny Kerry&#39;s record. It speaks for itself. Kerry&#39;s a good man and he&#39;s a decent candidtate with alot of great ideas especially domestically but W has him beat when it comes to being and acting like a leader.

John Edwards in my opinion, is better than Kerry and would have been the better choice. Edwards is head and shoulders above Dick Cheney. Cheney is a corporate shill, has been and always will be. Cheney in my eyes, is the weak link in Bush&#39;s campaign. I can&#39;t stand him and what he stands for.

This is a tough election for me and alot of americans. I am an independent, so I don&#39;t act like a sheep for either party. I study and look at both sides of the issues and then I make my decisions.

i think the debates will be where the &#39;independents&#39; make up their mind...I hate Bush and his Cronies..I will vote kerry by default..But you will see during the debates that kerry is better for america..
    DO NOT BE AFRAID...I promose you, the sky will not fall if Kerry is elected...I also promise you that in a post 9-11 america, every president will do whatever it takes to keep us safe...
    Invading Iraq for some coprorate profits is NOT making us safer...
    but..both candidates suck...BUT I&#39;ll vote Kerry becasue out goes Cheney/Wolfiwitz and rumsfeld.

All League
    This is funny. It isnt like Bush is ahead by 15 points in the poll. This is a close race. Again, like in 2000 (with Tim Russert saying President Bush and all the major media outlets telling Gore - for the good of the country dont have a recount), the GOP has spun this as "after 4 days of heavy hitting and a "transcendental" speech by W, we have this all but wrapped up."

Polls dont say that.

i&#39;m a wheel

All League
    "Turn on you"? Is that a Wilco reference?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by 4th&Long[/i]@Sep 3 2004, 12:25 PM
    [b] This is funny. It isnt like Bush is ahead by 15 points in the poll. This is a close race. Again, like in 2000 (with Tim Russert saying President Bush and all the major media outlets telling Gore - for the good of the country dont have a recount) [/b][/quote]
    As opposed to the rats who said "let&#39;s recount every vote&#33;" yet just fought to recount every vote...in three heavy rat counties in the state of Florida??

All League
    Nah why should we recount every vote. Lets have the courts step in and decide who should be president.

Republicans will admit that Gore won the popular vote, no?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by 4th&Long[/i]@Sep 3 2004, 02:26 PM
    [b] Nah why should we recount every vote. Lets have the courts step in and decide who should be president.

Republicans will admit that Gore won the popular vote, no? [/b][/quote]
    Absolutely he did&#33;&#33; Funny thing was Gore thought the reverse would
    be the case..In the Dem primaries this year the Dem turnout was 80%
    less then when Gore ran..The Dem&#39;s picked the wrong Guy to head their
    Ticket&#33; Even my Good Liberal friend said he&#39;s not even voting..I said you
    should vote and he said;Why Nader wont win?? :rolleyes: He wanted Dean
    to be the Dem hopeful&#33;&#33;