Thread: Stop this dumb criticisms

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are major criticisms on both candidates, but there a couple that are just aboslutley dumb.

1. Please stop criticising bush for not getting up right away when he was reading to the children and informed that the country was under attack. This just ignorant. There is no way anybody on this board would know what they would do in same situation. He can't just get up and run out the door and scare the children. What would him getting up seven minutes early have accomplished?

2. Some people think that if Kerry gets elected that he is just gonna roll over and die and let terroists do what ever they want. That is total bull s**t! Neither candidate would ever let that happen. And I am tired of hearing how Kerry isn't going to protect us. He may not go to unless attacked but he will do everything in his power to protect us just like Bush will too.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would substitute #1 for Bush saying we can't win the war on terror. Anyone with half a brain can see what he was saying.

As for the indecision on 9/11. That is inexcusable, it is a metaphor for his entire presidency. If you were in a meeting and someone wispered in your ear that your wife had been in a car accident, would you continue sitting there for 7 minutes until they dragged you out of the room?

#2 I agree with. There are a lot more on both sides that are completly blown out of proportion.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]As for the indecision on 9/11. That is inexcusable, it is a metaphor for his entire presidency. If you were in a meeting and someone wispered in your ear that your wife had been in a car accident, would you continue sitting there for 7 minutes until they dragged you out of the room?
    [/b][/quote]

I disagree, his entire administration has just been terrible, but you don't get up and run out of a room when your the president of the united states. You don't scare the children. As for being in a metting and hearing your wife was in an accident, yes of course i get up out of the meeting immediatley. But i am not the President. The president can't just get up and run out and scare everybody.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]I disagree, his entire administration has just been terrible, but you don't get up and run out of a room when your the president of the united states. You don't scare the children. As for being in a metting and hearing your wife was in an accident, yes of course i get up out of the meeting immediatley. But i am not the President. The president can't just get up and run out and scare everybody.
    [/b][/quote]

I'm not saying he should run out with his tail between his legs. He should have acted Presidential and politely excused himself. What if he was sick with the flu and was about to throw up? Should he have stayed there and puked all over the room? No he would have politlely excused himself and hurried to the nearest bathroom.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by GangGreen63[/i]@Sep 4 2004, 01:59 PM
    [b] [quote][b]As for the indecision on 9/11. That is inexcusable, it is a metaphor for his entire presidency. If you were in a meeting and someone wispered in your ear that your wife had been in a car accident, would you continue sitting there for 7 minutes until they dragged you out of the room?
    [/b][/quote]

I disagree, his entire administration has just been terrible, but you don't get up and run out of a room when your the president of the united states. You don't scare the children. As for being in a metting and hearing your wife was in an accident, yes of course i get up out of the meeting immediatley. But i am not the President. The president can't just get up and run out and scare everybody. [/b][/quote]
    No one is saying Bush should have caused any alarm to anyone in that classroom. If the country is under attack, shouldnt he excuse himself for his own safety? No is saying run out of the room screaming "We are under attack!"

Its odd to me that the footage was never shown in this country.