Thread: While in Reserves, Kerry met with Communists

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [b]While in Reserves, Kerry met with Communists
    Sunday, September 5, 2004 [/b]

My fellow veterans, the debate over whether John Kerry earned or deserved any medals or ribbons is for others. What is most concerning is his behavior while still an officer in the U.S. Naval Reserve. Let me try and put this in perspective.
    According to publicly available records, Mr. Kerry was released from active duty and transferred to the Naval Reserve (inactive) in January 1970. In January 1972, he was transferred to the standby Reserve (inactive). While a commissioned officer in the inactive Naval Reserve, Mr. Kerry traveled to Paris, France, and met with official delegations from the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (North Vietnam) and the Provisional Revolutionary Government (the Viet Cong). The Vietnamese Communists eagerly met Mr. Kerry and benefited directly from the obvious propaganda victory.

These acts are clear violations of the legal prohibitions on individual citizens negotiating with foreign powers and the constitutional prohibition against giving support to our nation's enemies in wartime. Additionally, as a commissioned officer of the Naval Reserve, Mr. Kerry was subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice and likely violated it ("aiding the enemy") through his actions with the North Vietnamese/Viet Cong delegation.

Mr. Kerry returned from his private negotiations with the Vietnamese Communists to Washington, D.C., and held a news conference. At the press event, he advocated a Vietnamese Communist "peace proposal" calling for a U. S. withdrawal from Vietnam and payment of war damage reparations to the communist government. Mr. Kerry engaged in this advocacy on behalf of a foreign power with which we were at war while continuing to hold a commission as an officer in the U.S. Naval Reserve.

The record is clear on his testimony to the Senate on U.S. war crimes and his advocacy of the North Vietnamese position.

Again, the medal debate is for others, although I know of a lot of brave men who did much more and got no recognition for their bravery under fire.

[i]
    James Laux, Lt. Colonel (Retired), U. S. Army, Buffalo [/i]

[url=http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/valleynewsdispatch/opinion/s_248296.html]http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/valleynews...n/s_248296.html[/url]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]These acts are clear violations of the legal prohibitions on individual citizens negotiating with foreign powers and the constitutional prohibition against giving support to our nation's enemies in wartime.[/b][/quote]

If this claim is true, why was no legal or millitary justice action taken against Kerry at the time? Why is no legal or millitary justice action being taken against him now?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Sep 5 2004, 07:24 PM
    [b] [quote][b]These acts are clear violations of the legal prohibitions on individual citizens negotiating with foreign powers and the constitutional prohibition against giving support to our nation's enemies in wartime.[/b][/quote]

If this claim is true, why was no legal or millitary justice action taken against Kerry at the time? Why is no legal or millitary justice action being taken against him now? [/b][/quote]
    You are correct in your assessment of that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    And some people want this scumbag leading this country. Truly amazing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    C'mon guys. How dare you question Gigalo John's patriotism?

"I wasn't at that meeting where they talked about killing senators"

"I was there, but I don't recall"

"I wasn't even a member of the VVAW in 1971"

"Well, I may have been but I don't recall"

"I didn't know Al Hubbard wasn't a Nam vet and once I did find out, I was already out of the VVAW"

"I don't remember making speeches or representing the VVAW after Al Hubbard was outed as a fraud... perhaps I did"

"That's none of your business"

"The USS Ridley was in the South China Sea for 5 weeks; that constitutes a tour of viet nam"

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Sep 5 2004, 07:24 PM
    [b] [quote][b]These acts are clear violations of the legal prohibitions on individual citizens negotiating with foreign powers and the constitutional prohibition against giving support to our nation's enemies in wartime.[/b][/quote]

If this claim is true, why was no legal or millitary justice action taken against Kerry at the time? Why is no legal or millitary justice action being taken against him now? [/b][/quote]
    Now if there was action taken now, couldn't you hear the screams(squeals?) of anguish as Bush is accused of orchestrating it for political purposes.

Let the media ask the question. Maybe Hillary will come back to blame it on the vast rightwing conspiracy.