Thread: Gun toting Kerri sponsored bill banning firearm!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

KERRY COSPONSORED BILL BANNING GUN HE WAVES

Was Dem presidential hopeful John Kerry seen this weekend waving a gun which would have been banned if legislation he co-sponsored became law?

Kerry co-sponsored S.1431 last year (“The Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2003) which would have banned a "semiautomatic shotgun that has a pistol grip.”

Kerry was presented with the gun during a Labor Day stop in Racine, West Virginia.

"I thank you for the gift, but I can't take it to the debate with me," Kerry told a cheering crowd as he held up the device.

[Kerry's gun bill would also ban any "gift" transaction. Kerry did not submit to a waiting period or background check before he claimed the gun.]

Photos show Kerry's hand resting on the semiautomatic shotgun's "pistol grip."

Kerry's bill would ban millions of semi-automatics, including those with "pistol grips." [Section SEC.2: (H) (ii) ]

Opponents of the bill successfully argued how nearly all guns have "pistol grips," inluding millions of Browning Auto-5 shotguns produced since 1903.

Developing...

All League
    "I thank you for the gift, but I can't take it to the debate with me,"

What does Kerry mean by that? Why would he want to bring a gun to the debates?

Isn't that a reckless statement? Columbine-like?