Thread: UNFIT FOR COMMAND

BUSH 'TOOK COCAINE AT CAMP DAVID' Sep 6 2004

And wife Laura liked dope, says book

By Emma Pryer

GEORGE W Bush snorted cocaine at Camp David, a new book claims.

His wife Laura also allegedly tried cannabis in her youth.

Author Kitty Kelley says in her biography The Family: The Real Story of the Bush Dynasty, that the US President first used coke at university in the mid-1960s.

She quotes his former sister-in-law Sharon Bush who claims: "Bush did coke at Camp David when his father was President, and not just once either."

Other acquaintances allege that as a 26-year-old National Guard, Bush "liked to sneak out back for a joint or into the bathroom for a line of cocaine".

Bush has admitted being an alcoholic but, asked during the 1999 election if he did drugs, he said: "I've told the American people that years ago I made some mistakes.

"I've learned from my mistakes and should I be fortunate enough to become president I will bring dignity and honour to the office."

Later an aide clarified his remarks saying Bush hadn't taken illegal drugs in the past 25 years.

Kelley says that the Bush family covered up scandals because of their wealth and influence. She claims George W started drinking at school and continued at Yale university to overcome shyness.

Former student Torbery George says in the book: "Poor Georgie. He couldn't relate to women unless he was loaded."

Another says: "He went out of his way to act crude. It's amazing someone you held in such low esteem later became president."

His supporters have slammed the allegations as outrageous.

The White House said: "This book appears to be filled with the same trash discredited years ago."

-BILL Clinton has joked he will try to be happy about his heart bypass operation. The ex-president said on his website: "This sure isn't how we planned to spend Labor Day weekend but we're doing our best to enjoy it."

All League
    :D :D

Was he snorting off a Bible?

All Pro
    yawn

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Big Al NYC[/i]@Sep 7 2004, 12:20 PM
    [b] yawn [/b][/quote]
    Ditto

While I would love to know for sure if ol' Bush was a Coke fiend and Pothead or not, I don't think we'll ever find out. Same way we'll never know for sure how much service he actually performed when he was serving.

While they make great gossip, these stories of 30 years ago are irrelevant, for BOTH candidiates. They are both different men today, and both likely regret some (many?) of the things they did in their earlier years.

I would like to party with GW....

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I guess this would be relevent if Bush declared he was the right candidate for President because he never did drugs.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

W would be alot more fun to party at 16H with than Kerri.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetman67[/i]@Sep 7 2004, 02:39 PM
    [b] W would be alot more fun to party at 16H with than Kerri. [/b][/quote]
    I cant disagree with that...

Wonder what the reaction would be if it said Clinton is a dope fiend.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Looking forward to the book...from a women/author who claimed Patty Davis and Elizabeth Taylor had abortions amongst other things.

What will be interesting is whether or not the book is filled with "sources told us" or other credible people like "former employees, former in-laws, etc"...sort of like that reliable Joe Wilson, "my friend told me this and my friend told me that."

Or will it be like the Swift Boat Vets who have the balls to put their names, voices and faces to the accusations levied.

More importantly, it'll be interesting to see how large a bounce the President gets from this as he sits back and laughs...especially after the rats tried to employ Nazi-like tactics with former Vietnam Vets who spoke out against kerri.

All Pro
    Kitty Kelley is a disgrace, pure and simple.

"Sources tell me" or "Insiders say" is an easy way to say "I just make stuff up."

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Newsweek magazine has rejected an offer to excerpt Kitty Kelley's Bush family expose, "The Family: The Real Story of the Bush Dynasty," because a key allegation in the book couldn't be nailed down.

"We were one of the magazines that was given the chance to read that book and decide whether we wanted to buy excerpts," Newsweek's Howard Fineman told radio host Don Imus on Tuesday. "We passed [on it.]"

Fineman suggested that Kelley's sourcing for the book's central allegation - a claim that George W. Bush had used cocaine at Camp David during the 1980s - was suspicious on its face.

"The only source for that is a former sister-in-law [of Bush's], who may have her own motives for things," Fineman explained.

He called the cocaine claim "un-checkable and an otherwise un-witnessable allegation. So if that's the best she's got, that's why we took a pass on it."

Also turning their nose up at the Kelley book - CNN's "Larry King Live," which has reportedly declined an offer to interview Kelley, despite covering her past books.

Even Democrats weren't so sure that Kelley's book is the "silver bullet" that John Kerry's presidential campaign needs, with one top strategist telling the White House Bulletin on Tuesday:

"What does it say about our campaign if we put our chips on Kitty Kelley? These charges have been out there for years . . . I'm not sure that rehashing them on the ridiculous network 'celebrity news' programs will help with the undecided vote."

Kelley has a history of reporting gossip and innuendo -- even stories without substantiation from more than one witness. The Bush book appears to be a hit job similar to Kelley's widely discredited book on the Reagans.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote][b]"The only source for that is a former sister-in-law [of Bush's], who may have her own motives for things," Fineman explained.

He called the cocaine claim "un-checkable and an otherwise un-witnessable allegation. So if that's the best she's got, that's why we took a pass on it." [/b][/quote]

No offense CBTNY, but if you don;'t see the fact that the Swifties might also "have their own motives for things (namely Kerry's war protesting and horrid comments after he was out)" and that the Swifties stories are also inherantly "un-checkable and an otherwise un-witnessable allegations", as they are he said/she said issues accross the baord.

I'm not picking sides onthis, since I think Kerry WAS a scumbag about his Nam' service and BUSH WAS a cokehead at some point in his life.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Sep 7 2004, 06:00 PM
    [b] [quote][b]"The only source for that is a former sister-in-law [of Bush's], who may have her own motives for things," Fineman explained.

He called the cocaine claim "un-checkable and an otherwise un-witnessable allegation. So if that's the best she's got, that's why we took a pass on it." [/b][/quote]

No offense CBTNY, but if you don;'t see the fact that the Swifties might also "have their own motives for things (namely Kerry's war protesting and horrid comments after he was out)" and that the Swifties stories are also inherantly "un-checkable and an otherwise un-witnessable allegations", as they are he said/she said issues accross the baord.

I'm not picking sides onthis, since I think Kerry WAS a scumbag about his Nam' service and BUSH WAS a cokehead at some point in his life. [/b][/quote]
    While I see your point you are comparing apples and oranges in my opinion.

Much of what the Swift Boat Vets are complaining about has been verified by each other and much of kerri's own inconsistencies (Christmas in Cambodia for one)....even if you take that out of the equation the Swifties motivations are quite different then "a former sister-in-law."

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

i don't think that stuff makes bush any more (or less) unfit than clinton was for getting a BJ. i don't ike his admin, and won't vote for him, but that's not why. it's just another example of blind party loyalty. the same people that were up in arms over clinton's bj are fine w/ bush's substance abuse, and vice-versa...

flushingjet
    Well, another rumor was that slick willie never had his medical records made
    public because of a nasal surgery, necessitated by too much coke.

The hypocrisy is that the Democrats, the party of "redemption" can boast of these fine Senators: a bona fide Klansman (Byrd) , a man who was party to a death after partying compounded by leaving the scene (Kennedy) and another who ran the Stars & Bars up his state flagpole (Hollings). Not to mention Kerry who was a main reason why Vietnam vets were spat at and reviled when they returned home...all the while looking high and low for any dirt they can dig up on Bush & his family.

Yes we all know Laura Bush killed an ex-boyfriend in a collision but that was ruled an accident.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by flushingjet[/i]@Sep 8 2004, 02:12 AM
    [b] Well, another rumor was that slick willie never had his medical records made public because of a nasal surgery, necessitated by too much coke. [/b][/quote]
    i thought that was johnny carson? or mikey from life cereal ads? wait, i think his was from pop rocks & pepsi, not coke...