Thread: Pat Buchanan

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I am very interested to know what the BOARD thinks of Mr. Buchanan, and his version of Conservative thought. He appears to be a more traditional, small Government, Less Spending, Big on defense Conservative. However, he feels Iraq was an error and was handled very poorly, and he feels Bush is almost a Democrat on so many issues (primarily Spending, Big Govt. and Immigration).

Who do YOU (Both Libs and Cons) think of Mr. Buchanan. I know he is an isolationist, which most of you have given me crap for being, but other than that what say you?

I may have to buy his new book "Where the Right Went Wrong" and see in more detail what he really has to say.

Hall Of Fame
    I voted for him in 2000. That's what I think of him.

Read, 'A Republic, Not an Empire' as well.

I really like his views for the most part, especially on Israel. I just don't connect with him on the Choice or Gay marriage issues. For the most part on foreign policy he is right on.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I also believe his thoughts align more with mine than Bush's except as you point out I don't believe isolationism is workable. It a shame he is not embraced by the current GOP>

flushingjet
    He is not embraced by the current GOP because he is a racist and anti-Semite.
    But, feel free to vote for him again should you live in West Palm Beach FL

:D

All League
    [quote][b]He is not embraced by the current GOP because he is a racist and anti-Semite.
    But, feel free to vote for him again should you live in West Palm Beach FL
    [/b][/quote]

So your saying he wouldn't allow millions of illegal mexicans have amnesty like Bush would? And that he wouldn't let Israel dictate our foreign policies like both parties do? Sign me up.

Pat's the best. I voted for him. However, he is not a beltway boy therefore the Republican machine smeared and crushed him. Many of the points he made in his 1992 convention speech turned out to be true.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    No comments from Herm? CBTNY? Weeb? (by the way, where ya been Weeb)? Savage? Hick? The other UntraConservatives?

No opinion on Mr. Buchanan? Come on guys, speak up! :D

Israel has pulled back their leash. :lol:

I like Pat a lot. I'm sure [b]Brooklyn Jet[/b], an America first conservitive also, wouldn't mind me adding his name to the P.B fan club. That's one poster around here that knows the score B)

Nice responses, in particular, by [b]Omaha Jet[/b] and [b]Section109Row15[/b].

S109, I believe, is much less liberal than most here paint him to be and shows a good deal of common sense on this topic.

[quote][b]Pat's the best. I voted for him. However, he is not a beltway boy therefore the Republican machine smeared and crushed him. Many of the points he made in his 1992 convention speech turned out to be true.[/b][/quote]

OJ, in that time span our nation has taking a vicious, vicious beating because corrupt political hacks from of both parties have sold out to corporate America blindly, against the will of the people and created a mess.

Look at California as an example of the mess we are in: Destroyed health-care system; toilet bowl schools (used to rank #1 in America in 1970's--now rate 49th); emormous overcrowding; congested roads and highways; out of control and unthinkable gang violence.....

....But don't worry, liberal joke Katie Couric just phoned in from the Hampton's to tell us everything is going to be fine in the "New America" :rolleyes:

Veteran
    Pat Buchanan tells it how it is... alot of people cant deal with that, referring to him instead as an ULTRA conservative. While conservative, he has hundreds of ideas in how to reform america into a better country and isnt afraid to disagree with conservatives on several issues.

I'd vote for him every 4 years if his name were on the ballot. Its too bad the republican party thinks he's a loose cannon.

All League
    [quote][b]S109, I believe, is much less liberal than most here paint him to be and shows a good deal of common sense on this topic.[/b][/quote]

(Note to self: talkout against immigration and Riggins will be my friend.)

Seriously though, I think it is funny that most people think I'm a crazy liberal hippie. I hate Democrats almost as much as Republicans. I hate W. with a passion and Kerry is the only viable option. I don't hug trees, I make a lot of money, etc... I feel that I use logic more than anything else, and my logic tends to lean more towards the liberals. (CBTNY is laughing his ass off at this point.)

[quote][b](Note to self: talkout against immigration and Riggins will be my friend.)[/b][/quote]

Point well taken bro ;)

Let me make this very, very clear: I'm strongly against uncontrolled illegal immigration. We take in more legal immigrants than the whole devoloped world combined as it is, we don't need to add 2 to 3 more illegals per year, indenfinitely.

Perhaps, as Pat B. says, we need to reign in legal immigration a bit too. But, that won't happen any time soon as big business constantly tries to skew the supply/ demand curve in their favor--oversupply of workers means lower wages, less power to the bargaining for benefits, ect.

All League
    Riggins: I saw an interview with a Mexican director with a new movie comming out called "A Day Without Mexicans." Its a comedy, the premise is that one day all the Mexicans in California vanish. Its the #2 grossing film in Mexico of all time. May be worth a look at.

Section109 that's pure propaganda and everyone knows it. Was the director a younger, Mexican woman? I've seen her a ton of times. She's probably one of these Mecha types that wants no borders. Basically, this fool wants to recreate the cesspool her family had to flee in Mexico right here in the U.S.....Smart chick :rolleyes: :wacko:

California wasn't the 3rd World in 1970's, before this anarachy broke lose. Actually it was much more beautiful and economically and socially prosperous....Montana, Maine and Vermont aren't garbage dumps with no infracture because of the lack of illegals.

Bottom line, as Bugg is fond of saying: All these jobs used to be done by Americans at one point. In the Northeast, these people were almost totally unheard of as recently as 1997 or after. I don't remember Connecticut or New York companies being non-existant due to no illegals. Quite the contrary, as these biz's seemed to thrive and employees were much less insecure.

The thing is, we've become addicted to cheap labor. It's a vicious cycle. A contractor in this region might tell you he has to hire these folks because his taxes are way too high and his business is on the brink. However, do these fools realize the ernomous tax-burden illegals create to help cause this mess?

2/3 of our economy is driven by consumer spending. As much as the Bu****e's hate the American workers, when they are doing well, are confident and spending money, our national economy is in a "virtuous cycle" most of the time.

Today, between NAFTA, increased outsourcing and unfathomable levels of illegal immigration, the American worker is on the ropes. He/she is less secure and there is really no reason to believe things will get much better soon. Looming in the background, is emourmous consumer debt by the average American and fast rising housing costs--at a time when economic prosperity is fairly low.

Bush's B.S about a 5.5% unemployment rate is pure trash. He know's it's much higher. Counting discouraged workers (European style) it's probably 11 or 12%. But those are the figures a corrupt U.S Gov't releases to the dumbed-down sheeple. In fairness to Bush, the numbers have been bogus for decades, so he's playing the same game Clinton and others did.