Thread: World Cup Hockey

All League
    It will not get much publicity as Olympic victory obviously but we beat the Russians again last night to advance in World Cup semifinals.
    To win the World Cup we will have to go through Canada and probably Finland- deja vue to 1980 Olympics.
    Esche is turning into top flight goalie to the surprise of myself-did bot think he was this good.

I like that they went with the kids and scratched Brett Hull, especially after his "I don't care about the fans" rant.

Esche has played well, although I don't want to get optimistic about a Flyers goalie (I've learned my lesson).

DiPietro hasn't been bad, either.

The big one tonight. Personally I don't think Finland stands a chance in hell.

All League
    Being a neutral observer I will root for Finland as I like the underdog. Canada will get all sort of abuse if they lose with home advantage so they have that extra motivation and Brodeur is supposed to start from what I read.

Veteran
    Well, Canada won and in t-minus one hour and thirty minutes, barring a miracle, say 'sayonara' to hockey for a very long time.

All League
    I do not mind at all seeing Canada win-knowing that hockey is there passion.
    Owners and players are at a impasse with this salary cap-sadly for myself -not to watch any hockey I do not think we will see either side giving in for a couple of months

Veteran
    Originally posted by Gang Green Girl@Sep 9 2004, 01:43 PM

DiPietro hasn't been bad, either.
    Not bad either? DP played very well in his win. He also did a pretty cool thing getting jackets done for the entire team. I didn't think much of it until his teamates praised him for it.

DP will be a great goalie.