Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They knifed babies & raped girls: Beslan Tragedy

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[b]THEY KNIFED BABIES, THEY RAPED GIRLS[/b]

SCHOOL SLAUGHTER: 323 DEAD, 434 HURT

By Euan Stretch Chief Reporter

THE full horror of the Russian school atrocity began to emerge yesterday as traumatised children told horrific tales of stabbed babies and brutal rapes.

It has also emerged that scores of the 323 who died - including many children - had been shot in the back.

While despairing soldiers and rescue workers moved among the growing pile of body bags, it was revealed that an 18-month-old baby had been repeatedly stabbed by a black-clad terrorist who had run out of ammunition.

Other survivors told how screaming teenage girls were dragged into rooms adjoining the gymnasium where they were being held and raped by their Chechen captors who chillingly made a video film of their appalling exploits

They said children were forced to drink their own urine and eat the petals off the flowers they had brought their teachers after nearly three days without food or water in the stifling hot gym.

Their stories came as Russian officials warned that the final death toll of the siege of Middle School No 1 at Beslan in North Ossetia - in which up to 1,200 people were held captive - was likely to be more than 400.

The official toll yesterday stood at 323 which included 156 children, 10 Russian soldiers and two emergency service workers - 35 of the hostage-takers were also killed. Last night 434 people were being treated in hospital with 247 children and 85 adults in a critical condition.

A Russian official said six seriously injured children had been taken to Moscow for treatment.

"One of them is a child, just 18 months old, with many knife wounds," he said.

The Chechen terrorists - including two so-called "Black Widows" - had been meticulously planning the hostage-taking for months.

High explosives and ammunition had been smuggled into the building during the summer by rebels disguised as workmen.

A shocking account of the siege has come from Indira Dzetskelova, the mother of 12-year-old Dzerase who was guarded by two women suicide bombers during the siege. She said: "On the first day they shot a man before my daughter's eyes. They frightened the kids by saying that water in the tap was poisoned.

"The famished children had to eat rose petals from bouquets which they specially bought for their teachers to mark the first day of term. Parents who were also captured had to feed their kids with all the window plants.

"After they ate all the petals, my daughter said that she started to nibble the rose plants.

"She told me that several 15-year-old girls were raped by terrorists. She heard their terrible cries and screams when those monsters took them away."

Her traumatised daughter Dzerase sobbed as she added: "When the assault started, some of us were running out through the school dining room.

"We had to run across and jump over dead bodies. Can I ever forget it? Is it possible that one day I will forget it?

"The terrorists started to shoot from the roof, then one of them ran into the dining room and started to shoot from the window.

"I saw kids and women falling to the ground. And I saw that vermin's face. I saw his smile as he killed my friends."

Diana Gadzhieva, 14, was held with her sister Akinba, aged 11. She told how the rebels executed all the adult men in a room upstairs and how she was forced to lie face down on the gym floor.

She said: "There was not enough space for us and we were lying on top of each other. The rebels needed paths to walk around the gym. They shouted they would shoot anyone whose arm or leg was across their paths.

"They also said they would kill anyone who looked up.

"We saw groups of men hostages going out and never coming back."

She also told of the moments when the bloody firefight started and how the rebels triggered a series of explosions inside the gym.

Diana said: "There was terrible panic and a few boys jumped out of the windows. My sister and I did not want to run out - we were scared of being shot.

"But then the second explosion happened and something heavy fell down on us. I saw children around me lying in blood and not moving.

"Just next to me there was a woman covered in blood. She was dead. I also saw many arms and legs, torn from bodies.

"All the bombs were connected with cords and started blowing up one after another, getting closer and closer to us.

"I took Alina's hand and we ran to the window and jumped out. We were running as quickly as possible - our backs were terribly hot from the fires."

Zalina Vazagova, 13, also told of the terrifying moment when a bomb exploded in the gym ceiling.

She explained: "I heard a terrible crack above my head and closed my eyes. When I opened them, I thought I was dead. There was so much blood around me.

"One granny was lying with a hole in her head. My PE teacher, Ivan Konstantinovich's body hit my leg.

"All the kids were crying, 'Please don't shoot! Please don't kill us'. But the rebels did not listen to us.

"Then I saw an open window and just jumped out. My little sister Lena was left inside there." And sobbing, she added: "I don't know if she's alive. She was only ten."

Survivors say the gymnasium and surrounding corridors had been rigged with at least 18 bombs, connected by cables and trip wires.

Two bombs were placed in the hoops of basketball nets and at either ends of the gymnasium.

A "Black Widow" is thought to have blown herself up in front of more than 1,000 hostages, prompting the deadly fire-fight and triggering a further serious of explosions inside the gymnasium.

At least three rebels were thought to have been captured alive in the school's basement - but were later said to have died.

One disguised herself as a teacher leading children to safety. She was apparently shot dead seconds before trying to blow herself up in a nearby hospital.

Another was apparently shot dead and beheaded by his comrades for trying to surrender.

WE HAD TO DRINK OUR URINE

HOSTAGE Sima Albegova told how the Chechen rebels became Angry when they heard President Vladimir Putin was not visiting the school.

Sima, a school cook, said: "The terrorists treated the kids well during first day, they did let them drink and go to toilet.

"But right after they found out that Putin was not coming, they forbade the kids from going to the toilet.

"We asked them, 'Why are you doing this to us?' They said it was because we voted for Putin.

"And they said he doesn't care about you. He won't even come here to talk to us."

By Friday morning conditions were so bad that people could hardly breathe.

She added: "Most of kids were almost unconsciousness. Those who could move started to pee into shoes and then drink urine.

"They would make several sips of urine and then would stop and cry because their lips were chapped and the urine stung their skin.

"I would run to the terrorists and asked them to let kids drink.

"They said, 'Go away, they'll survive'. But so many of them have not."

MY LITTLE BOY WAS LEFT TO DIE

A YOUNG mother told how she was released early with her two-month-old daughter - but her five-year-old son was forced to stay.

Salimat Suleimanova said: "I begged them on my knees to let me take Shamil out with me, but they wouldn't - now I don't know where he is.

"It was his first day at school."

She is overwhelmed by guilt for coming out with her baby daughter.

"They didn't allow me to go back and say goodbye to my little boy," she said.

She added: "So many children lay unconscious without food and water. Occasionally the rebels took those out, poured water onto their heads and threw them back."
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why does this not get the same coverage of the 42-days at Abu Graihb??? This is a horrible, horrible tragedy and makes my blood boil as much as any of the beheadings witnessed on video tape.

Forget about them being "extremeists" or "insurgents" or "seperatists" call them what they are....radical muslim scum!

Hall Of Fame
    This is just the "activists" way of starting up a dialogue. Putin is the one to blame if he doesn't seize this opportunity to initiate a diplomatic solution. These activists are practically extending an olive branch, and he has to go ruining it by being intolerant and bellicose. Shame on you, Vlad.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I can't tell you how many articles and accounts I read of this ordeal that never once mentioned that the attackers were muslims. At the very least, I truly hope that Russia can join the U.S. in a concerted and brutally relentless effort to find and annihilate radical Islamic terror groups worldwide.

I am not sure what you classify as "Major Mainstream Media", but I have seen this covered in detail on CNN, FoxNews and MSNBC at various times since it occured, and both CNN and FoxNews websites have stories on it.

What, exactly, do you want News Networks/Websites to show or say CBTNY? Specifically?

Anyway, according to news reports I heard this morning on Right Wing Radio, Russia has apparently adopted the U.S. "Pre-Emptive Warfare" Strategy, and has publicly stated they will attack and destroy terrorism wherever it's exists anywhere in the world. That sure sounds like aggressive retailiation is coming, likely in Chechniya, where these Muslim Rebels likely originated.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Sep 8 2004, 11:29 AM
    [b] I am not sure what you classify as "Major Mainstream Media", but I have seen this covered in detail on CNN, FoxNews and MSNBC at various times since it occured, and both CNN and FoxNews websites have stories on it.

What, exactly, do you want News Networks/Websites to show or say CBTNY? Specifically?

Anyway, according to news reports I heard this morning on Right Wing Radio, Russia has apparently adopted the U.S. "Pre-Emptive Warfare" Strategy, and has publicly stated they will attack and destroy terrorism wherever it's exists anywhere in the world. That sure sounds like aggressive retailiation is coming, likely in Chechniya, where these Muslim Rebels likely originated. [/b][/quote]
    WF, can you give us a history lesson on why these Muslims animals deserve that land all to themselves.

[quote][i]Originally posted by pope+Sep 8 2004, 11:54 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (pope @ Sep 8 2004, 11:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Warfish[/i]@Sep 8 2004, 11:29 AM
    [b] I am not sure what you classify as "Major Mainstream Media", but I have seen this covered in detail on CNN, FoxNews and MSNBC at various times since it occured, and both CNN and FoxNews websites have stories on it.

Anyway, according to news reports I heard this morning on Right Wing Radio, Russia has apparently adopted the U.S. "Pre-Emptive Warfare" Strategy, and has publicly stated they will attack and destroy terrorism wherever it&#39;s exists anywhere in the world. That sure sounds like aggressive retailiation is coming, likely in Chechniya, where these Muslim Rebels likely originated. [/b][/quote]
    WF, can you give us a history lesson on why these Muslims animals deserve that land all to themselves. [/b][/quote]
    How ignorant can you be pope? I understand we hold different views, but where the hell did you get THAT out of what I posted?????? :blink: :blink:

I asked one question: What coverage is CBTNY expecting, considering the rules TV Networks work under regarding offensive material (like dead kids)?? There was no judgement in that question at all, just a desire to understand what CBTNY wants to see and why?

Where did you get that I support the Chechniyan rebels or their cause??? :blink: :blink: :blink:

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Sep 8 2004, 11:59 AM
    [b] How ignorant can you be pope? I understand we hold different views, but where the hell did you get THAT out of what I posted?????? :blink: :blink:

[/b][/quote]
    "That sure sounds like aggressive retailiation is coming, likely in Chechniya, where these Muslim Rebels likely originated". -warfish

[quote][i]Originally posted by pope+Sep 8 2004, 12:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (pope @ Sep 8 2004, 12:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Warfish[/i]@Sep 8 2004, 11:59 AM
    [b] How ignorant can you be pope? I understand we hold different views, but where the hell did you get THAT out of what I posted?????? :blink: :blink:

[/b][/quote]
    "That sure sounds like aggressive retailiation is coming, likely in Chechniya, where these Muslim Rebels likely originated". -warfish [/b][/quote]
    And you somehow got dissapproval from that?

Yes, I freely admit I not like "Pre-Emptive" warfare (attacking before you have been attacked based on some potential), but that is NOT the case here at all. This is the equivalent of the U.S. action in Afganistan vs. AQ and the Towelban, an action I fully supported then and now, and lament hasn&#39;t been handled well now because of Iraq.

Perhaps you might actually want to think before you jump down someones throat pope. You only make yourself look like the Angry partisan you are when you post attacks like this one.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish+Sep 8 2004, 12:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Warfish &#064; Sep 8 2004, 12:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by pope@Sep 8 2004, 12:04 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Warfish[/i]@Sep 8 2004, 11:59 AM

[/b][/quote]
    "That sure sounds like aggressive retailiation is coming, likely in Chechniya, where these Muslim Rebels likely originated". -warfish [/b][/quote]
    And you somehow got dissapproval from that?

Yes, I freely admit I not like "Pre-Emptive" warfare (attacking before you have been attacked based on some potential), but that is NOT the case here at all. This is the equivalent of the U.S. action in Afganistan vs. AQ and the Towelban, an action I fully supported then and now, and lament hasn&#39;t been handled well now because of Iraq.

Perhaps you might actually want to think before you jump down someones throat pope. You only make yourself look like the Angry partisan you are when you post attacks like this one. [/b][/quote]
    Fish the other day you claimed that these animals had every right to attack like this because they can&#39;t take on a real army.

I&#39;m just curious why you think they have the right to rape and attack kids like this. Is Belsan their land? Is Chechniya their land? Please explain.

[quote][b]Fish the other day you claimed that these animals had every right to attack like this because they can&#39;t take on a real army.
    [/b][/quote]

Again, your partisan anger gets in the way of intelligent comprehension:

--In no way do they (or anyone else) have a moral right to use terrorism/murder of civillians as a tactic. Murder of civillians is wrong, regardless of who does it or whatever the reason is behind it. They have no rights to the land as far as I know, although I admit I do not know of the nature of the Chechniyan issue or what is being fought for beyond independence.

--But given their millitary power (i.e. none), their use of terror tactics is to be expected (and should be anticipated) because they have no way to attack or defeat the millitary power against them.

Why is this so hard for you to understand pope. Knowing WHY someone does something is not even close to APPROVING of it. Do you get it yet, because I cannot explain it any clearer than this.

Maxman
    I feel sick. The pain that these people suffered is unbearable.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Maxman[/i]@Sep 8 2004, 01:30 PM
    [b] I feel sick. The pain that these people suffered is unbearable. [/b][/quote]
    A agree Max...those poor people, there is no justification immaginable

Hall Of Fame
    Cowards....

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Sep 8 2004, 12:26 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Fish the other day you claimed that these animals had every right to attack like this because they can&#39;t take on a real army.
    [/b][/quote]

Again, your partisan anger gets in the way of intelligent comprehension:

--In no way do they (or anyone else) have a moral right to use terrorism/murder of civillians as a tactic. Murder of civillians is wrong, regardless of who does it or whatever the reason is behind it. They have no rights to the land as far as I know, although I admit I do not know of the nature of the Chechniyan issue or what is being fought for beyond independence.

--But given their millitary power (i.e. none), their use of terror tactics is to be expected (and should be anticipated) because they have no way to attack or defeat the millitary power against them.

Why is this so hard for you to understand pope. Knowing WHY someone does something is not even close to APPROVING of it. Do you get it yet, because I cannot explain it any clearer than this. [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s not partisan anger. The other day you tried to defend their actions by saying they had to do this because they can&#39;t take on a real army.

Now you&#39;ve admitted you know nothing about the conflict, amazing.

[quote][b]It&#39;s not partisan anger. The other day you tried to defend their actions by saying they had to do this because they can&#39;t take on a real army.

Now you&#39;ve admitted you know nothing about the conflict, amazing. [/b][/quote]

*sigh* No pope, I explained why I understood their actions. Again, there is a difference between understanding and acceptance/tolerance. If you do not understand that difference, I am sorry.

And actually, I just did some very interesting reading on the Chechniyan issue. Very interesting stuff, historically speaking. Seems the Chechniyans may have a legitimate complaint in the quest for independence. However, such legitmacy of issue does not excuse or warrant the murder of innocent civillians.

What point are you trying to make pope? Do you think I support terrorism? If you do, then let me say uneqivocably that you are incorrect, I do not support the murder of civillians for any cause. Does that clarify the topic enough for you? If not, nothing I can say will, and you will go on making claims regarding my views that are simply not true. That is, of course, your right.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Sep 8 2004, 01:22 PM
    [b] *sigh* No pope, I explained why I understood their actions. Again, there is a difference between understanding and acceptance/tolerance. [/b][/quote]
    Not for nothing, but how in the hell could anyone ever "understand" savagely knifing an 18-month old baby, or raping schoolgirls, or starving a building full of children, or shooting those children in the back as they flee in absolute terror?

I don&#39;t care what the cause is, or how oppressed these animals think they may be. These are incomprehensible acts of subhuman savages who have absolutely ZERO likelihood that they will EVER become a part of civilized society, and they must be rooted out and thoroughly eradicated from every corner of the globe.

John Kerry boldly promises to "react swiftly" to any terrorist act.

President Bush believes it necessary to find them and erase them before they strike us again.

&#39;nuff said.

[quote][b]I don&#39;t care what the cause is, or how oppressed these animals think they may be. These are incomprehensible acts of subhuman savages who have absolutely ZERO likelihood that they will EVER become a part of civilized society, and they must be rooted out and thoroughly eradicated from every corner of the globe.[/b][/quote]

Perhaps I am not being clear, or perhaps understanding is the wrong word, or perhaps you are failing to understand the point I&#39;ve been trying to make this entire thread, or perhaps you and pope are simply trying to attack me because I have different political beliefs than you........regardless, I will post one last time, as simply as I possibly can....

I do not like terrorists.

I do not support terrorism and attacks(of any type) on civillians.

I do not believe terrorism is a morally justifyable tactic.

Is that clear? :blink:

Banned
    Damn it, I thought this topic was going to be about the Republican National Convention.

[quote][b]I don&#39;t care what the cause is, or how oppressed these animals think they may be. These are incomprehensible acts of subhuman savages who have absolutely ZERO likelihood that they will EVER become a part of civilized society, and they must be rooted out and thoroughly eradicated from every corner of the globe. [/b][/quote]

I&#39;ve been thinking about this particular part of your post for a little while now. And I wanted to ask you a very serious question based on the opinion (as I see it) being expressed here, specifically the "must be rooted out and thoroughly eradicated from every corner of the globe." part.

Would you favor U.S. run extermination camps in the Middle East and around the globe? U.S. Millitary forces in all Middle Eastern and Muslim nations, seeking out and interrogating all Muslims, and sending any who fit the terrorist bill (even if they have done nothing yet, pre-emption remember, get them before they attack) to the U.S. extermination Camp?

Now, obviously the above is an exageration on my part, for effect. But before you decide to crush me for being a "rediculous liberal", re-read your words a few times, please. I am NOT trying to be an arsehole in any way, I mean that Shakin. But it disturbs me seeing my fellow Americans saying things like "Eradicate them all". That kind of talk sounds too much like the enemy we are fighting against.

If extermination is not the answer Shakin, what do you think is? How can we win the war on terror? How can you tell a terrorist Muslim for one pretending not to be? Do you care, or just kill all Muslims who even seem like they might be terrorists? Is killing them all the only answer as you see it?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Sep 8 2004, 01:26 PM
    [b] [--But given their millitary power (i.e. none), their use of terror tactics is to be expected (and should be anticipated) because they have no way to attack or defeat the millitary power against them.

[/b][/quote]
    Hey Fish I might have been absent that Day..But did you answer
    my question that Gandhi got his Countries Freedom from the British
    by passive resistance..So Terrorism isn&#39;t the only option..Not to
    mention now they have Russia pissed at them&#33;&#33; :rolleyes: