Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North Korea, Al Jazeera, France, Spain & Kerry

Cheney's 'Soft on Terror' Charge Has Sting of Truth

Democrats were livid Wednesday morning over Vice President Dick Cheney's warning that if John Kerry is elected in November, "then the danger is that we'll be hit again [by terrorists] and we'll be hit in a way that is devastating."

But while Kerry supporters are demanding that President Bush personally apologize for Cheney's words, they have nothing to say about the substance of the charge, for which there is indeed some evidence.

From North Korea to the appeasement government in Spain, from France to the al-Qaida News Network, al-Jazeera, those opposed to America's war on terror seem to be backing Kerry.

In March, London's Financial Times reported:

"In the past few weeks, speeches by the Massachusetts senator have been broadcast on Radio Pyongyang and reported in glowing terms by the Korea Central News Agency (KCNA), the official mouthpiece of [Kim Jong-il's] communist regime.

The same month, Al-Jazeera weighed in with words of praise for Kerry:

"A decorated war hero, Kerry supported the attack on Iraq and wants to see a strong U.S. military ... "[but] he has suggested Bush's handling of the campaign is 'f***ed up.'" The terror-friendly network noted that Kerry's "hawkish stance is balanced by his promotion of healthcare coverage, workers' rights and environment-friendly practices."

Fresh from his election victory as a result of al-Qaida's Madrid train bombing, Spain's appeasement prime minister Jose Luis Rodriquez Zapatero issued a flat-out endorsement for Kerry.

"I think Kerry will win. I want Kerry to win," he told Britain's Guardian newspaper. Zapatero added that President Bush heads up "the most reactionary American administration in recent times."

In Paris, French President Jacques Chirac has been a lot more circumspect, realizing that his endorsement for Kerry would only hurt the Democrat's chances. But his nation's fondness for Kerry is an open secret - so much so that the candidate's French relatives have been told to keep their lips buttoned.

"We have been asked by the family to play down the French connection," Kerry's uncle Ian Forbes told the Los Angeles Times in August from the family mansion at Les Essarts.

With less than three months to go before the election, the Times said, "relatives and friends of the family who remember Kerry from periodic youthful visits are rooting for him."

"I was so very, very happy when he succeeded in becoming the candidate," family friend Christiane Menard told the paper. "Johnny was a great kid. He has a lot of determination."

Who's next to endorse him? My guess is Bin Laden himself. :ph34r:

Source please?

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Sep 8 2004, 04:33 PM
    [b] Source please? [/b][/quote]
    [url=http://newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/9/8/93115.shtml]http://newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/9/8/93115.shtml[/url]

well cheney and bush have appeased th sauds for years..so really who cares..
    This just in:
    america is NOT the only country in the world...nor is it the Center of the universe..

[quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Sep 8 2004, 04:42 PM
    [b] well cheney and bush have appeased th sauds for years..so really who cares..
    This just in:
    america is NOT the only country in the world...nor is it the Center of the universe.. [/b][/quote]
    Allow me to edit. North korea, Al Jazzeera, France, Spain bman, liberals & John Kerry.

What a crew.

Hall Of Fame
    This just in:

No one on this board takes bman seriously, even those who hate Bush.

Thank you.

A "News" website giving away the "Kerry Unfit" book at the top and who's articles all sound like this example:

"Frothing-at-the-mouth Democrat attack dog James Carville is accusing Republican Party officials of drugging Sen. Zell Miller for media appearances after his speech to the GOP convention last week."

Hardly unbaised journalism. Would YOU accept news from a website giving away the forthcoming "Bush did Coke and Pot and Laura Delt Pot" book on the top of their site, and whose articles speak of "Frothing-at-the-mouth Republican Attack Dog _______".

[quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Sep 8 2004, 04:49 PM
    [b] This just in:

No one on this board takes bman seriously, even those who hate Bush. [/b][/quote]
    I don't hate Bush, I just disagree with some of his policies (pre-emption in Iraq, Big Govt, Immigration, Limitations of Science (Stem Cell Research) and Drug Legalization).......

But Agreed. No one takes Bman seriously (of course, not too many take me seriously either, LOL!)

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Sep 8 2004, 04:51 PM
    [b] Thank you.

A "News" website giving away the "Kerry Unfit" book at the top and who's articles all sound like this example:

"Frothing-at-the-mouth Democrat attack dog James Carville is accusing Republican Party officials of drugging Sen. Zell Miller for media appearances after his speech to the GOP convention last week."

Hardly unbaised journalism. Would YOU accept news from a website giving away the forthcoming "Bush did Coke and Pot and Laura Delt Pot" book on the top of their site, and whose articles speak of "Frothing-at-the-mouth Republican Attack Dog _______". [/b][/quote]
    I know it doesn't fit your agenda WF but as soon as you can find material that these things were not said please post them.

Also Carville said what he said on a national radio show. His comments are fake too? As expected your boys on the left are cracking.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Sep 8 2004, 04:49 PM
    [b] This just in:

No one on this board takes bman seriously, even those who hate Bush. [/b][/quote]
    Please, let him finish his captivating geography speech before passing judgment.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Sep 8 2004, 05:42 PM
    [b] well cheney and bush have appeased th sauds for years..so really who cares..
    This just in:
    america is NOT the only country in the world...nor is it the Center of the universe.. [/b][/quote]
    America is the only country that matters.

[quote][b]I know it doesn't fit your agenda WF but as soon as you can find material that these things were not said please post them.

Also Carville said what he said on a national radio show. His comments are fake too? As expected your boys on the left are cracking. [/b][/quote]

LOL, my boys eh? Odd you would say that considering I am voting for Bush.....lesser of two evils and all.

And please, explain to me how I could possibly prove the things were [u]not[/u] said. How can I prove a negative. If you can explain that, I would be happy to make an attempt.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Sep 8 2004, 05:15 PM
    [b] And please, explain to me how I could possibly prove the things were [u]not[/u] said. How can I prove a negative. If you can explain that, I would be happy to make an attempt. [/b][/quote]
    And I'm voting for Kerry :rolleyes:

You were so eager to dismiss what was written I just figure you'd have a better reason other than they are selling "Unfit for Command" on their site.

In March, London's Financial Times reported:

The same month, Al-Jazeera weighed in with words of praise for Kerry:

Jose Luis Rodriquez Zapatero issued a flat-out endorsement for Kerry.
    "I think Kerry will win. I want Kerry to win," he told Britain's Guardian newspaper. Zapatero added that President Bush heads up "the most reactionary American administration in recent times."

"We have been asked by the family to play down the French connection," Kerry's uncle Ian Forbes told the Los Angeles Times in August from the family mansion at Les Essarts.

So basically Warfish you're claiming London Financial Times, AlJazeera itself, Britains Guardian newspaper, Spain's Prime Minister himself and Kerry's uncle are liars.

[quote][i]Originally posted by pope+Sep 8 2004, 05:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (pope @ Sep 8 2004, 05:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Warfish[/i]@Sep 8 2004, 05:15 PM
    [b] And please, explain to me how I could possibly prove the things were [u]not[/u] said. How can I prove a negative. If you can explain that, I would be happy to make an attempt. [/b][/quote]
    And I&#39;m voting for Kerry :rolleyes:

You were so eager to dismiss what was written I just figure you&#39;d have a better reason other than they are selling "Unfit for Command" on their site. [/b][/quote]
    Not at all. I can tell a baised news site, thats all. Be it this site, or CNN, the bias is easy to see.

London&#39;s Financial Times is, I believe, relatively unbaised. But quoting Al Jazeera? Since when did you find indirect quotes from Al Jazeera as legit news? And since when have you heard Al Jazeera say "fcuk", as your article claims??? That seems odd, doesn&#39;t it?? To be honest, that is one of the main things that made me question it......

The guardian and the LA Times are somewhat questionable as well in their own biases (equally questionable as my own local Washington Times and Washington Post papers, the Right Ying to the Left&#39;s Yang). And all these short quotes are obviously taken out of their full context.

I raised a credibillity concern based on the site you quoted. But I will relent and say, ok, good enough. Happy?

And why do you doubt I am voting for Bush? Just because I debate you here?

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Sep 8 2004, 05:44 PM
    [b] And why do you doubt I am voting for Bush? Just because I debate you here? [/b][/quote]
    You&#39;re as transparent as a ghost.

[quote][i]Originally posted by pope+Sep 8 2004, 05:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (pope @ Sep 8 2004, 05:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Warfish[/i]@Sep 8 2004, 05:44 PM
    [b] And why do you doubt I am voting for Bush? Just because I debate you here? [/b][/quote]
    You&#39;re a transparent as a ghost. [/b][/quote]
    Really? How do you mean? I&#39;m sorry, but calling me transparent doesn&#39;t really answer the question.....

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish+Sep 8 2004, 05:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Warfish @ Sep 8 2004, 05:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by pope@Sep 8 2004, 05:46 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Warfish[/i]@Sep 8 2004, 05:44 PM
    Really? How do you mean? I&#39;m sorry, but calling me transparent doesn&#39;t really answer the question..... [/b][/quote]
    From reading a lot of your posts on this site just call it a hunch WF.

[quote][i]Originally posted by pope+Sep 8 2004, 05:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (pope @ Sep 8 2004, 05:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Warfish@Sep 8 2004, 05:49 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by pope@Sep 8 2004, 05:46 PM
    Really? How do you mean? I&#39;m sorry, but calling me transparent doesn&#39;t really answer the question..... [/b][/quote]
    From reading a lot of your posts on this site just call it a hunch WF. [/b][/quote]
    So because I debate you, and others here, I am a dishonest liar? Are you saying I am so untrustworthy in my arguments here that I would lie about who I am voting for?

Let me ask you this then? If I am what you think I am (LIBERALLLLLLLLLL&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;), what gain or benifit would I get by claiming I am voting for bush (something I have posted dozens of times) or that I think Bush is the better of the two evils in this case (as I have alos posted dozens of times)?

Whay is my angle? My gain in saying that?

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish+Sep 8 2004, 05:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Warfish &#064; Sep 8 2004, 05:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by pope@Sep 8 2004, 05:52 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by Warfish@Sep 8 2004, 05:49 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by pope@Sep 8 2004, 05:46 PM
    From reading a lot of your posts on this site just call it a hunch WF. [/b][/quote]
    So because I debate you, and others here, I am a dishonest liar? Are you saying I am so untrustworthy in my arguments here that I would lie about who I am voting for?

Let me ask you this then? If I am what you think I am (LIBERALLLLLLLLLL&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;), what gain or benifit would I get by claiming I am voting for bush (something I have posted dozens of times) or that I think Bush is the better of the two evils in this case (as I have alos posted dozens of times)?

Whay is my angle? My gain in saying that? [/b][/quote]
    You came out of the liberal closet the day you said "Michael Savage labels guys like me Evil". Now I&#39;ve listened to this guy before and he wasn&#39;t referring to conservatives.

I believe you claim that because you try to constantly refer to yourself as an independent. I&#39;m not buying it but then again maybe others will. ;)