Thread: the illegal immigrant vote

illegal immigrants can vote?

How does this happen?

All League
    [quote][b]illegal immigrants can vote?

How does this happen? [/b][/quote]

By Bush giving them amnesty.

I don't know how do legitimate voters not be allowed to vote in Florida?
    Simple, Jeb Bush hires a company to try to track down criminals from other states now living in Florida who shouldn't be allowed to vote. The company tells Jeb that their data potentially has a lot of false positives. Jeb Bush ignores their warnings and thousands of mainly black democrats are denied their right to vote and his Bro is elected. Simple as that.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Sep 9 2004, 03:19 PM
    [b] [quote][b]illegal immigrants can vote?

How does this happen? [/b][/quote]

By Bush giving them amnesty.

I don't know how do legitimate voters not be allowed to vote in Florida?
    Simple, Jeb Bush hires a company to try to track down criminals from other states now living in Florida who shouldn't be allowed to vote. The company tells Jeb that their data potentially has a lot of false positives. Jeb Bush ignores their warnings and thousands of mainly black democrats are denied their right to vote and his Bro is elected. Simple as that. [/b][/quote]
    Thats a flat out lie. What happened in Florida was that there was a major glitch in the system. As you know, convicted felons are not allowed to vote in Florida. However, if a felon has the same name as a regular citizen, instances occured when the citizen would get a letter saying they could not vote. For example, if a convicted felons name was John Smith and your name happened to be John Smith, the system used wouldnt neccesarily separate the two, so you would get a letter in the mail saying you couldnt vote. Since most people didnt really care that much, they let the gliche go through.

As a result, more felons were able to illegally vote, and I also read a stat (forgot the source, so if you want to discredit it, your choice) that says over 60% of felons tend to vote Democrat. Basically, this whole system probably did balance itself out in regards to Gore vs. Bush, but you can make a more legitimate argument saying it slightly helped Gore more.