Thread: OSAMA BIN LADEN

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I sometimes go to Andrew Sullivan's site, and he brought up an interesting point. This is what he says:

"BIN LADEN IS SURELY DEAD: I've believed this for a long time now, but the latest video from al Qaeda's "Number Two," Ayman al-Zawahri, gives more credence to the belief. We haven't had a real, live, authentically-dated video that authenticates bin Laden's existence for well over a year. Why not? Wouldn't it be of extreme importance to his followers that they be reassured that he is still alive? If they can put together a video of al-Zawahri, why not one with OBL? This isn't completely salient to the war on terror which is far broader than one man. But I'm working under the assumption that what remains of the mass murderer is under a rock somewhere on the Pakistani border. I don't want to ruin Maureen Dowd's day but that's by far the most plausible explanation for his long, inexplicable silence and absence."

What do you guys think? I truly don't even have an opinion....

BTW - This is a very interesting article:

[url=http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/28238.htm]http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolu...nists/28238.htm[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b]To emphasize his disdain for the United Nations, Assad also ordered a strengthening of Syria's military presence in Lebanon from 28,000 men to almost 40,000 men before year's end. [/b]

An arab army occupying a [i]soveriegn[/i] nation? :blink:

Nah, gitout.

As for Bin Laden, I have a hunch his status will be known as we approach November. there will be a major announcement made.

Just a gut feeling.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is a definate possibility. He did have those liver problems and its not easy to do dialisys in a cave. That said we may never know. He could just be laying low.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    he was on an audio tape back in march...authenticated.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt I could go back and find a link, but I remember reading something a few years back that actually traced the sale of a portable dialasys machine from Malaysia to Pakistan where they lost track of it. It's a stretch but I remember the author making a plausable arguement that it could have been for Bin Laden. Anyhow it's a strong possibility that he's dead but we may never know for sure.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read in the Daily News today that Osama was sending out another TV message showing himself. However, you never know when these things are taped.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    he is going to be on the next American Idol..
    performing 'my way' by Sinatra..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Sep 10 2004, 08:26 AM
    [b] he was on an audio tape back in march...authenticated. [/b][/quote]
    You sure about that? The audio could have been OBL's voice, but was the timing of the audio authenticated to have been recorded currently, i.e. last March? I am not saying you're wrong, but I just don't remember that. Do you have a link or some sort of proof?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Sep 10 2004, 08:31 AM
    [b] he is going to be on the next American Idol..
    performing 'my way' by Sinatra.. [/b][/quote]
    I hear he and Bush are going to do "I got you babe" while throwing Carlyle money around. Sorry that was tasteless, but just having some fun.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    remember when he made a 'truce offering' to Europe for three months...if they left iraq..
    that was authenticated.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by 4th&Long+Sep 10 2004, 08:35 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (4th&Long @ Sep 10 2004, 08:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bman[/i]@Sep 10 2004, 08:31 AM
    [b] he is going to be on the next American Idol..
    performing &#39;my way&#39; by Sinatra.. [/b][/quote]
    I hear he and Bush are going to do "I got you babe" while throwing Carlyle money around. Sorry that was tasteless, but just having some fun. [/b][/quote]
    Actually the story is he and kerri will join in the Sonny and classic duo of "I&#39;ve got you babe&#33;"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    not sure whether he&#39;s alive but Bush will deliver either Bin Ladin or his carcass just in time for election day. It&#39;s a certainty.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    maybe not..
    bush is more preoccupied with looking at Saddam&#39;s pistol than with finding the man responsible for the murder of 3000 americans..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Sep 10 2004, 01:36 PM
    [b] maybe not..
    bush is more preoccupied with looking at Saddam&#39;s pistol than with finding the man responsible for the murder of 3000 americans.. [/b][/quote]
    OBL didn&#39;t murder any Americans, the hijackers did, and they are all dead. Personally, I wouldn&#39;t consider OBL to be guilty, like Howard Dean doesn&#39;t. Can rush to judgment....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i can&#39;t believe 19 sauds with no weapons started ww3&#33;

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]OBL didn&#39;t murder any Americans, the hijackers did, and they are all dead. Personally, I wouldn&#39;t consider OBL to be guilty, like Howard Dean doesn&#39;t. Can rush to judgment.... [/b][/quote]

Bush rushes to judgment. Except he was wrong. It was not Iraq.